Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Thought I'd start a new thread for this year.

Cuningham (knee), Stocker (syndesmosis), Curnow (calf) and Luke Parks (back) were also sidelined, while a host of players – including Dow, Docherty and Newnes – were restricted to light duties.

Star defender Weitering was absent on Friday due to the AFL’s health and safety protocols, while Caleb Marchbank watched on as he continues his recovery from an ACL injury sustained last April.

The only question I have is on Setters, who appeared very briefly at training and only ran laps - it would be nice if the club could put out a more extensive injury report on what has happened to him and the expected return to full training for all players.

Last edited:
Thought I'd start a new thread for this year.

At training Ed and Parks were only running laps, but now it's revealed that they have suffered minor calf and back injuries respectively. Doc, Dow and Newnes were simply on lighter duties yesterday so it's good to know that there are no injury concerns for the latter two.

The only question I have is on Setters, who appeared very briefly at training and only ran laps - it would be nice if the club could put out a more extensive injury report on what has happened to him and the expected return to full training for all players.

Think someone mentioned Setters may have copped a knock at the start of sim & then was on lighter duties.

Is it possible to have a Blue Healers Medical 2022 NO DISCUSSION Thread that simply lists reports... I get triggered every time I see the medical thread. Just me, but I know I'd rather one thread like this can include discussion and opinion, and another that lists things when they happen (either a report of what has happened, or an update). And hopefully we won't have much in a NO DISCUSSION thread (except good news for 22)...

Is it possible to have a Blue Healers Medical 2022 NO DISCUSSION Thread that simply lists reports... I get triggered every time I see the medical thread. Just me, but I know I'd rather one thread like this can include discussion and opinion, and another that lists things when they happen (either a report of what has happened, or an update). And hopefully we won't have much in a NO DISCUSSION thread (except good news for 22)...
Respectfully, wouldn't it be easier to view the injury list elsewhere (team selection, afl website etc) and just give this thread a miss?
There are things that actually trigger me, so I avoid reading or viewing them..

Respectfully, wouldn't it be easier to view the injury list elsewhere (team selection, afl website etc) and just give this thread a miss?
There are things that actually trigger me, so I avoid reading or viewing them..
Everyone has their own way of looking at things... I actually appreciate the discussion and insights many here offer about injury recovery etc. But every time there is something new in this thread I wonder if there actually is another injury, and after the last few years...

Ideally I'd like an injury NO Discussion Thread to get lost like the Bluemour NO Discussion Thread. (although I do miss the latter)...

Does anyone actually believe the injury updates provided anyway? They seem to frustratingly follow the pattern below and invariably injuries take longer than anyone wants to resolve.

"In match simulation, player x copped a knock to the knee and pulled up quite sore, we sent x off for precautionary scans that indicated some inflamation which we feel is best treated by giving x a spell for 2-3 weeks, then a conditioning block before he rejoins the main group... he should be in line to play definitely before the mid season bye..." yikes. :think:

Nothing good comes from injury updates but I can't resist looking anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few things...

1) I hate this thread (you know what I mean. It's not about the thread, but the injuries)...

2) Does anyone know what the injury to TDK may actually be?

3) Is it correct to say that injury wise, we have Stocker plus possibly TDK unavailable for first few weeks, plus questions over Cuningham, Marchbank and Docherty for Round 1 in terms of readiness (but potentially available)?

A few things...

1) I hate this thread (you know what I mean. It's not about the thread, but the injuries)...

2) Does anyone know what the injury to TDK may actually be?

3) Is it correct to say that injury wise, we have Stocker plus possibly TDK unavailable for first few weeks, plus questions over Cuningham, Marchbank and Docherty for Round 1 in terms of readiness (but potentially available)?

Seems about right with the limited info we have had Rev ...

We actually don’t have that many. Normally we have a lot more at this point in the year. I’m excited

FFS .. here we go .. que in 18 player long injury list :(

Marchbank & Cuningham are still a while away.

Docherty definitely pushing to play early.

Stocker will almost certainly miss first fortnight.

I would have thought Marchy would just about be right to resume most, if not all training shortly. Are they being cautious with him / body / history? Has always sounded like AR is a fan of his, he just falls over at the last hurdle before/on returning.

DC a little further behind on the injury timeline. AR is definitely a fan of his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back