Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

everyone can see what we needed, what we need now, what we need in the future EXCEPT the people in charge - how blessed is BF to have these incredible hindsight legends? sure I come here for the cake but I stay for the genius that is hindsight drafting, trading & pre-injury injury assessment........

everyone can see what we needed, what we need now, what we need in the future EXCEPT the people in charge - how blessed is BF to have these incredible hindsight legends? sure I come here for the cake but I stay for the genius that is hindsight drafting, trading & pre-injury injury assessment........

It's only hindsight, if it was never stated, mentioned, prior to the event, even once. Pretty sure many have been banging on for some time

We're not far off looking at using the top-up list :(

45 on list. 18 injured/unavailable (pending tests for 4).

If all four tests aren't available, then selection 22 + 4 emergencies leaves just one player on list the list that won't be selected.

And no update on Carroll who left the field early.

Sucks for Boyd and Philp but strangely feeling a lot better about the injury list knowing the majority are pretty close to a return.

Get through the next fortnight with a couple of wins and we are in fairly decent shape for the run home health wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More likely the medical advice was subpar, every other club has very similar training loads.
Clubs have very broad ranging training loads depending on their season goals both short and long term and age profile of their lists. A team pressing for finals will have high intensity training loads at different times to teams that are acknowledging they'll be in the bottom 4 and are developing. It's a complicated formula and most clubs do it differently.

Meh...injuries sminjuries..
We're in the 4 and will be getting some star power back this week and next.

We'll be right.
I agree we will be right however we are not in the 4. Details are important :p

Any risk the Princes Park surface is the culprit?
Perhaps that but more likely they are being over trained, as didn`t Vossy ask Russell to put them through tougher sessions this season, which would likely lead to more stress injuries. Cannot remember such a list of injuries like this at the club before.......:eek:

Fair ******* dinkum it wouldn’t be a ******* injury report without a long term injury to a player just as they were coming good - sorry to see Boyd with this.

:rolleyes:
We lost two for virtually rest of season. Boyd and Philp.
FFS, Think we down to 3 or 4 players out of 22 at moment that left as back up.
Probably Stocker, Dow, Hayes and Carroll and everyone else either too raw like Mirkov or not really in running.
Probably did well to win in reserves on weekend with what we have left.

We lost two for virtually rest of season. Boyd and Philp.
FFS, Think we down to 3 or 4 players out of 22 at moment that left as back up.
Probably Stocker, Dow, Hayes and Carroll and everyone else either too raw like Mirkov or not really in running.
Probably did well to win in reserves on weekend with what we have left.
If none of the "test" players get up we need everyone else uninjured on the list to make a squad including emergencies, except for two - Mirkov & Dom who are the only two yet to play a senior game.

Unfortunate for Boyd in the short term but he has shown plenty and I’m confident he will be a player for us for years to come, so much so that, ironically, my bigger concern is whether Stocker can now step up to fill the void.

A little concerning there is still no real update on Cunners - not so much for this season as I’ve long ruled him out from playing any part in the league side - but more so for his future being out of contract at the end of the year.

I also have similar concerns now for Philp and whether his body can handle this level albeit at least as he’ll get another chance to prove himself next year being under contract for another season.

Good updates on Gov, Cerra, Big Durds, Williams, Weiters and Pitto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back