Blue skies ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Lighten up Bb even Tigers fans think their side is a show in the off season. :D
That comment was less to do with "pre-season optimism" however misplaced.......and much more to do with some issues some of us had with a former poster who went under the "Blue Skies" name..........:thumbsu:

......and lets face it......if we took pre-season optimism away from Tiges fans Lifeline would need to double their budget.

I would bet anyone a zillion dollars Brock Mclean cannot dispose of the footy half as well as Nick Stevens could ...
Half way through next season, unless he gets his attitude and fitness level's right, he'll be the new whipping board of the Carlton online forums mark my words.

BTW Nick Stevens gave far more better service to the club then most of the fat man-boob fitted geeks who are sitting here online bad mouthing him.

I would bet anyone a zillion dollars Brock Mclean cannot dispose of the footy half as well as Nick Stevens could ...
Half way through next season, unless he gets his attitude and fitness level's right, he'll be the new whipping board of the Carlton online forums mark my words.

BTW Nick Stevens gave far more better service to the club then most of the fat man-boob fitted geeks who are sitting here online bad mouthing him.

Do you even know where Visy Park is? What an ignorant embarrassment you are. :eek::eek:

You come across as an absolute ****ing moron.

CP are you aware that Mclean came second in the time trial in the first session back? A time trial where 20 players got their best ever time? (Judd came third, does he need to adress his tude or fitness)

From all reports he has been a man on a mission at training and a great example to the younger players.

How in anyway is that displaying poor attitude or fitness??

Mclean is an unbelivable fit for us as he will be doing the in and under stuff, and playing accountable football, which will release Judd, Murhy, Gibbs and Houlihan to use their execellent disposal. Stevens had great skills, but was awfully soft and unaccountable.

CP are you aware that Mclean came second in the time trial in the first session back? A time trial where 20 players got their best ever time? (Judd came third, does he need to adress his tude or fitness)

From all reports he has been a man on a mission at training and a great example to the younger players.

How in anyway is that displaying poor attitude or fitness??

Mclean is an unbelivable fit for us as he will be doing the in and under stuff, and playing accountable football, which will release Judd, Murhy, Gibbs and Houlihan to use their execellent disposal. Stevens had great skills, but was awfully soft and unaccountable.

Since he did his neck he became soft and unaccountable really... before that he wasnt to bad.

But I think that you just hit the nail on the head... McLean will release our more talented players with excellent disposal (including walker on the wing) to do their thing in delivering the ball into the forwardline.

Something that the ex-geelong supporter didnt seem to consider.

Erm........did you just cite McLeans attitude and FITNESS levels in a bid to push the Stevens barrow? :eek:

Why cant we all just get along?

This thread was sposed to be a big collective wank fest about how good the year was going to be... after numerous crap threads about our alleged poor drinking culture.

Then the OP takes a potshot at Stevens... this provokes a heated defence of said player... and then C_P chimes in and adds something typically biased, inflamatory and completely wrong... and all s**t breaks loose.

Can we move back towards the collective back patting and mutual fellating about our hopes and expectations for the season to come?

Why cant we all just get along?

This thread was sposed to be a big collective wank fest about how good the year was going to be... after numerous crap threads about our alleged poor drinking culture.

Then the OP takes a potshot at Stevens... this provokes a heated defence of said player... and then C_P chimes in and adds something typically biased, inflamatory and completely wrong... and all s**t breaks loose.

Can we move back towards the collective back patting and mutual fellating about our hopes and expectations for the season to come?

Don't tell me you brought along a packet of biscuits also? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay of the finals loss to brissy.

One thing that really stands out is how sh!t stevens was. In fact he was pretty sh!t the whole season. He was overweight, soft and just playing without a shread of passion.

Alot of opposition supporters, media and even the tab (1.90 to make the 8!) are under estimating us because we have no fev, stevo, judds out for 3 games.

But we have Waite back, Mclean (should be a massive improvement on the 09 stevo), 206 and Hendolenko. Add that to the fact that our team is full of youngsters who will naturally improve with age (not just the 3 no1s).
IMO we will be a better team than last year, and although we had a dream draw last year, I believe we will win more games this year. Top 4 here we come.
Sheesh you are a bit rough on Nick Stevens. He could well have become an invalid but was out there anyway. The bloke gave the club good service and was expected to carry us in the darkest years. Bit of loyalty in return would be good.

Yeah I didn't mean to grave dance on Stevo, he was a solid servant during our darkest days. However, I just feel like his 09 wasn't great and that by adding Mclean we will be far better off.
Hadn't read this one when I commented. Consider my criticism withdrawn.

The pot shot was nessesary in order for us to feel better about next year, it's not my fault C "red card" P is off the rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back