Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in Lewis Young.

iirc lewis young debuted against us and took casboult to the cleaners.

Dogs have 6-8 key names needed to sign next season. Most could request more money due to their quality. Young is OOC and is perfect to add to the stocks of KPP. I think there’s some talent there and with the lack of certainty on Marchbank and an aging Jones, he makes sense. He did play a good first game against us.

Not to mention at 202cm can pinch hit or play ruck if we have copped injuries. I would say not a player that they would want to lose but may need to. And I don’t think we would pay that much. I mean they (looking at you Mitch Cleary) are arguing SPS is pick 35.

If the Lewis Young interest is true, I like this as a low-cost option for us. He is still quite raw, but I like him for some KP/ruck depth. Still very young, didn’t get much opportunity at the Dogs. If we stay healthy I’m not sure I’d see him getting much run with us, but knowing our injury history with big guys it’s imperative that we get some versatile options when needed.

I like the prospect of Lewis Young .. My best mate whose a massive doggies fan, rates him highly .. so I think he could a nice pickup

Last edited:
I like the prospect of Lewis Young, we need a big bodied ruckman to take the pressure off of TDK. My best mate whose a massive doggies fan, rates him highly .. so I think he could a nice pickup

That's not Lewis Young unfortunately MEB.

Young is 2cm shorter than TDK and the same age and weight. He's an absolute string bean who is likely behind De Koning in terms of his development. I'm not saying we shouldn't look at him, but big bodied ruckman he aint.

I like the prospect of Lewis Young, we need a big bodied ruckman to take the pressure off of TDK. My best mate whose a massive doggies fan, rates him highly .. so I think he could a nice pickup
Your best mate is having a lend of you. Young was a poor makeshift ruckman whilst they were waiting for Martin to get back.

If we were interested it would be as a key defender. Clearly he'd be back up only for Jones and Weitering and would have to improve a fair bit to replace Jones later on without us going backwards.

That's not Lewis Young unfortunately MEB.

Young is 2cm shorter than TDK and the same age and weight. He's an absolute string bean who is likely behind De Koning in terms of his development. I'm not saying we shouldn't look at him, but big bodied ruckman he aint.
He’s not even really a ruckman, Bevo was playing him there but he likes to take the piss with things like that.

Definitely has a bit of talent though, particularly as an interceptor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly a handy pick up , just has something about him.
Let’s see what the Bulldogs ask , with Darcy an absolute gun coming via draft , shrewd move by Young to look around, plan ahead.
Not sure what Dogs would expect, I think Lewis was a pick 35 not sure.

Would be signing him as a back up KPD primarily I’d assume. Not a ruck. His marking from what I have seen from him is his key attribute. You’re not going to have A graders as reserve players, I think some miss the point too with these acquisitions. Who would of thought Alex Silvagni as a rookie would come out and towel Buddy up at the G for example? We need KPD depth and Jones and Weiters are the only ones we have up until mid way 2022, where we would regain Marchy if kept. I would much prefer we do this then take someone like Talia who’s turning 30 coming off a serious injury.

Uh-huh.

By that metric, every human who has ever lived has underachieved. I look forward to you recounting your various Noble Prizes to demonstrate the degree to which you have achieved, and a picture of the various Brownlows, Norm Smiths, and premiership cups you personally possess. I also look forward to you demonstrating your prowess in your next title bout in a cage match, assisting Scott Morrison in foreign relations, and the next auction for your art which is considered a stunning addition to spatialism, and the aria you composed to a Melbourne storm (that is, after you took the field for Melbourne Storm and won the game singlehandedly by yourself).

Seeing as we're being fair.
I never claimed to have reached my potential, clever deflection though.

You made a large post about why his career perhaps didn't reach the heights we'd have liked, most of which I agreed with btw, then admitted he didn't reach his potential. Yet maintain that's not underachieving and now are being cute with definitions.

He had a good career. It should've been better, but that's ok.

If we were interested it would be as a key defender. Clearly he'd be back up only for Jones and Weitering and would have to improve a fair bit to replace Jones later on without us going backwards.

Personally I reckon we could use another key defender in the best 22 - allows 1 of Jones & Weitering to focus more on intercepts.

Think of Harry Petty or even a David Astbury that freed up the May/Lever or Rances

Not footy related, but I'm not on Facebook so you get my most inane anecdotes....

My family had tacos for dinner last night... Taco Tuesday.

We had leftovers tonight so I loudly declared to the family 'It's Waco Wednesday'.

Miss9yo looks me straight in the eye and asks with a wink 'what would you call it on Friday?'

It was so hard to keep a straight face...
Little Hop Tacos…
Next time yourself the fam and Thy is over this neck of the woods, 277 Brunswick St Fitzroy best authentic Taco’s you’ll ever experience…
Wash it down with a Tequila & incredible natural Mexican chaser, happy days 🤪

Last edited:
I've liked Young this year, and was at that game (debut?) against us a few years back where he looked a million bucks.

Beanpole and needs to fill out, but I'd see him as a Casboult replacement in that he can pinch hit in various key positions. More interested in Young than Brander.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back