Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang
Ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bang bang
Ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang
Ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang walla walla bang bang
Doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh
That makes more sense than your earlier offerings my friend…

images.jpeg-292.jpg

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Not concerned, swoop away. If takers are out there. I'm sure someone would hope to turn him around. I'm not optimistic it will happen here. Cerra and Hewitt automatically jump him along with the rest of our youngsters

I hear you, but I still think he offers a skillset that few others on the list possess. Maybe I’m just praying for something that never eventuates, but his entries inside 50 over the last few rounds really amplified how poorly the rest of the team do it. As you state, Cerra and Hewett immediately improve our midfield disposal - but both of them will be based primarily in the centre. Having the running, linking wings is a real hallmark of the Power’s game style - I predict Voss will look to utilise that position far more than DT. That’s why I honestly think there is a real opportunity for LOB to cement his spot in the team.
I’m not usually the optimistic type, and LOB’s previous levels of consistency and commitment don’t offer many reasons for hope, but I’m holding firm on my LOB stock.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
I hear you, but I still think he offers a skillset that few others on the list possess. Maybe I’m just praying for something that never eventuates, but his entries inside 50 over the last few rounds really amplified how poorly the rest of the team do it. As you state, Cerra and Hewett immediately improve our midfield disposal - but both of them will be based primarily in the centre. Having the running, linking wings is a real hallmark of the Power’s game style - I predict Voss will look to utilise that position far more than DT. That’s why I honestly think there is a real opportunity for LOB to cement his spot in the team.
I’m not usually the optimistic type, and LOB’s previous levels of consistency and commitment don’t offer many reasons for hope, but I’m holding firm on my LOB stock.
Sold mine long ago. I get the skills by foot, just too few in frequency.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Its Williams & Martin I’m hoping will improve their application and contribution both players are gifted and have good peace they make a huge difference, if it clicks for them.
The other is Gov, above average, skillful & tenuous when on song , however all three players are conditional and lack real commitment.

4flagsin5yrs

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2020
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Its Williams & Martin I’m hoping will improve their application and contribution both players are gifted and have good peace they make a huge difference, if it clicks for them.
The other is Gov, above average, skillful & tenuous when on song , however all three players are conditional and lack real commitment.

Martin goes as hard as any at our Club.

Was just bad luck doing a PCL....

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Martin is the one that I think can transform our fortunes. Must be the most naturally talented player on the list (Sir Sam aside) and has the mongrel to go with it. Not sure if its just his endeavour or commitment or whether its our development and clarity of his role in the team.

He's one that I've got a HUGE watch on for preseason under Vossy and the new coaching team. If he can perform close to his potential with more regularity (no matter the position on the ground) then we could be in for a treat.

Last edited:

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Martin is the one that I think can transform out fortunes. Must be the most naturally talented player on the list (Sir Sam aside) and has the mongrel to go with it. Not sure if its just his endeavour or commitment or whether its our development and clarity of his role in the team.

He's one that I've got a HUGE watch on for preseason under Vossy and the new coaching team. If he can perform close to his potential with more regularity (no matter the position on the ground) then we could be in for a treat.
Not sure I'd call Sam our most "Naturally" talented. His game is based on hard work more than talent by a significant margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back