Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I'd call Sam our most "Naturally" talented. His game is based on hard work more than talent by a significant margin.
Some of the stuff Charlie can do is incredibly "natural" talented, the off one foot from outside 50 over the goal posts, the marking. Just hope 2022 he gets a good run at it. I also agree with your view on Walshy his hardworking ethic has gotten him to where he is now seen

Last edited:
Martin is the one that I think can transform out fortunes. Must be the most naturally talented player on the list (Sir Sam aside) and has the mongrel to go with it. Not sure if its just his endeavour or commitment or whether its our development and clarity of his role in the team.

He's one that I've got a HUGE watch on for preseason under Vossy and the new coaching team. If he can perform close to his potential with more regularity (no matter the position on the ground) then we could be in for a treat.

I always hark back to Malcolm Blight talking about Martin's 'highlights clip' as a kid on the cusp of the big time...

Last edited:

Martin is the one that I think can transform out fortunes. Must be the most naturally talented player on the list (Sir Sam aside) and has the mongrel to go with it. Not sure if its just his endeavour or commitment or whether its our development and clarity of his role in the team.

He's one that I've got a HUGE watch on for preseason under Vossy and the new coaching team. If he can perform close to his potential with more regularity (no matter the position on the ground) then we could be in for a treat.

^ This.

The one thing i need from Jack is to sort out his jitters in front of goal over the preseason, then I would actually give him the gold class treatment and instruct the team to give him the ball as often as possible. He’s just such a beautiful user of the footy and with his pace, agility, strength and dual sidedness, he can find an option from almost any situation.

I think having that faith from the coach and his teammates would give him the incentive to work as hard as he can to present an option and we’d see the best of him. I honestly think he could be the best player on the team if deployed correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And has shown his whole career that he plays one good game in every 4 or 5

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

That's simply wrong.

3rd in the GC's F & B in 2016 (behind Tom Lynch).

3rd in 2017 behind Gaz jnr.

10th in 2018 (only played 15 games)

You don't do that without some very decent consistency.

** Sam Walsh appreciation post **

5231ADAB-C66B-48A6-B077-277A44169491.gif

Martin & Williams are the key , to more success for the Baggers these two players can they turn the heavy midfield work of Cripps, Walsh, Cerra & Hewett into magic.
Our defence is well marshaled and forward line has a Coleman medalist.
So our gems must sparkle, Martin & Williams endowed with sublime skill and natural ability they’ll make the difference.

Martin is one of those guys who plays better angry.

Otherwise he cruises along.

When our midfield is getting belted, he wasted parked in the forward line....

2022, with Hewett and Cerra in the mix (and Crippa fit and back closer to his stellar best), our midfield will be hugely stronger and the forwards will get a lot more looks at it, and quality ones at that.

But Jack can play off HB, on the wing or even in the guts.

I think Voss will be more flexible with how he uses Martin than Teaguey was, who appeared reticent to make many moves on game day....(to me at least).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When our midfield is getting belted, he wasted parked in the forward line....

2022, with Hewett and Cerra in the mix (and Crippa fit and back closer to his stellar best), our midfield will be hugely stronger and the forwards will get a lot more looks at it, and quality ones at that.

But Jack can play off HB, on the wing or even in the guts.

I think Voss will be more flexible with how he uses Martin than Teaguey was, who appeared reticent to make many moves on game day....(to me at least).
Spot on, we have the talent and it's all about the use of our talent.

Jack Martin is one of those players who, in a losing side, gets pointed out as having gone missing, but in a winning side, gets pointed out as an important contributor.

Pretty sure he'll just about never be a guy who can take you to winning from losing off his own boot when the team as a whole is struggling. But get the team humming along properly and he'll be a damaging forward half player who provides some reward for effort from the blokes up-field.

Last edited:
Jack Martin is one of those players who, in a losing side, gets pointed out as having gone missing, but in a winning side, gets pointed out as an important contributor.

I used to say the same about Brad Shine.

Martin needs to play higher up the ground as a high half forward delivering back into 50. 20 touches and a goal a game should be his pass mark.

Teague seemed to park him in a forward pocket which was never his best position and magnified his issues kicking at goal.
Yep definetly not used up the ground enough.

Along with a host of others because he used the same 3 or 4 guys in the middle much to the detriment of the side and our player development

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
when was that?

Brought in by Malthouse when he was appointed and departed when Bolton was appointed. Director of Coaching and Development. Needless to say ... he didn't do too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back