Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explains why his manager was so filthy. Missed out on the commish!
Depending on the Manager, that would be worse than:
1. Client being publicly announced as reneging on his contract by the target club
2. Not getting to target club because they cannot even negotiate professionally
3. Having to deal with fallout of client having 3 more years at lower pay while honouring a contract you tried to have overturned
4. Actually having a client with personal issues severe enough to change his mind on which state to play in somewhere between the end of year interview and day one of trade week
5. The fallout from supporters at both clubs

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Succie
This is basically it. Simply speaking we were targeting 2 players during this trade period who had nominated us & we got those players without losing Gibbs or Pick 5. So we held onto one of our best midfielders & will get to pick another quality midfielder in the ND, while getting an absolute quality 19 year old KPD & a 20 year old with plenty of x-factor.

I'll drink to that.

Succiently put a very good trade period for the Baggers and all for the cost of Touhy and a future 2nd rounder.

Very disappointed.

Tuohy out for injured dud.

Squibbs stays. Would of much preferred a first round pick and Lyons or a second round pick.

Marchbank always injured. Pickett always injured. Palmer spud.

Missed Hrovat. Missed Stewart.

Disaster.

You should try posting over at TC. You'll fit in a whole lot better over there.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Very disappointed.

Squibbs stays. Would of much preferred a first round pick and Lyons or a second round pick.

Disaster.

So much negativity.

Enough of the name calling of players. Poor form.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-posting-quality-policy-update-post-9.313052/

* Name calling and abuse towards players, re their skills, position in the team, what kind of vegetable they remind you of, parentage etc. If you dislike a player in terms of the way they play, it is easy enough to articulate that in a more constructive way.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone else think Andrejs Everitt was extremely lucky to not be traded?
Delist worthy?
Who else do we think could be delisted?
Whiley, Tutt, DVR & Graham. Buckley is the only other player out of contract.

Fingers crossed we're interested in Barlow and he sees us as a good team to get regular footy in.

Sam The Doc

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Whiley, Tutt, DVR & Graham. Buckley is the only other player out of contract.

Fingers crossed we're interested in Barlow and he sees us as a good team to get regular footy in.
Keep Graham and Buckley.
Barlow would go alright for our midfield.. Surprised Richards didn't get picked up..
Anyone else? Honeychurch?

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Very disappointed.

Disaster.

I think that is a very accurate summation of what happened.

Gotta hope like hell that Smedts can stay fit & Marchbank can reach his zenith, otherwise it will be seen as a disastrous trade period.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Better depth prospects than Whiley, Graham, etc

All I ever read on this forum is "they will be good depth" or "we need more depth players" which always bemuses me because if every player spoken about was for this "depth" purpose, then that would be all we'd have on the list.

So some serious questions for everyone to answer :

1. How do you define or constitute what a "depth" player is ??

2. How many "depth" players should you have on a playing list ??

3. Who are the players at Carlton considered to be "depth" ??

Screenshot_20161022-093740.jpg

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

Gotta hope like hell that Smedts can stay fit & Marchbank can reach his zenith, otherwise it will be seen as a disastrous trade period.
There's a surprise .

You agree with a clown.

You whinge when we don't trade for a future player and whinge when we do, but you always manage to put a rider in there of "if this guy doesn't play well it's bad" ....well derr.

Get off the fence. Either the Tuohy for Marchbank trade is wrong or it isn't . What is it?

Hope like hell? :)

We otherwise would have been 'hoping' like hell that Geelongs 1st next year would have been an absolute gun and never got injured.
We would have also been 'hoping' like hell that Geelong finished last and that way we could have the number 1 pick, along with 'hoping' that we finished low and that may have landed us picks 1 & 2......and then we could also 'hope' that the AFL would give us a band 1 priority giving us 1 & 2 & 3...........and then we'd have to 'hope' like hell that we chose the right players and 'hope' that they don't get injured. Sounds like a plan...........I 'hope' :)

SHOWEY

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Can I get perspective from you guys:

Nicky Graham - I rated him highly in 2015, especially him working in tandem with Crippa he looked like he was building and our midfield fell apart. Thought he was going to take the next step last year but barely got a look in and he seems like the first on the chopping block. What do you see that he's missing - I thought he could become a serviceable foot soldier. Thoughts?

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton

Nicky Graham - I rated him highly in 2015, especially him working in tandem with Crippa he looked like he was building and our midfield fell apart. Thought he was going to take the next step last year but barely got a look in and he seems like the first on the chopping block. What do you see that he's missing - I thought he could become a serviceable foot soldier. Thoughts?

Missing continuity, but Bolts also played him on the outside and up forward to test his versatility. Ultimately Nicky G is a one position player and in Boltons system, for a player with Nicks attributes, that isn't enough.

Doesn't read the ball well enough to get clearances. Numbers are quite low in that regard. He is more of the type that positions himself well for a slower game style. Looked all at sea in the new game plan that requires faster ball movement.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Anyone else think Andrejs Everitt was extremely lucky to not be traded?

Probably not worth much at his age after having a poor season. Worth keeping listed as depth and who knows, might pull his finger out and get back in the team. He's AFL quality who can kick a goal, I think he'd be valuable to have a round. He will play games, there will be injuries.

Fringe players remaining are Buckley, Kerridge, Boekhorst, Lamb, Jones, DVR, Jaksch, Tutt, Whiley, Armfield, Graham, Everitt, Gorringe, Thomas and White. The rest all really warrant another season.

I think Jones is a chance to be paid out, Buckley one more season due to having pace, Kerridge depth, Boekhorst same as Buckley, LAmb one more season, DVR gone, Jaksch one more year, Tutt Gone, Whiley Gone, Armfield still good enough but for age might go, Graham depth, Everitt depth, Gorringe ruck depth, Thomas one more season and White depth.

There is a fine line between bringing in a heap of young players and keeping a few for depth and for the Northern Blues who haven't been much good or much use.

Suspect we may bring in 8 new players this season to the senior list via trades/drafting, some senior ones may get back on the rookie list purely for depth and the northern blues.

Walker, Jamison, Dick, Foster, Smith and Tuohy already gone. two more to go. Tutt and Whiley I would suspect and that would do it. I would look to rookie Whiley if there was nothing about in the rookie draft purely to support the Northern Blues. Inclined to keep DVR ahead of Whiley.

We could build a decent VFL side which is important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back