Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure, but you would think Bolts would be happy now just as we are. Has shown plenty in his 5 matches as an undersized, bonus player.

My comment is more along the lines that if SOS somehow engineered a GWS-Haw-Carlton trade that somehow netted us Macreadie, and will see us snare O'Rourke, then Bolton's reaction to the drafting of Macreadie would suggest he wasn't across it.

My comment is more along the lines that if SOS somehow engineered a GWS-Haw-Carlton trade that somehow netted us Macreadie, and will see us snare O'Rourke, then Bolton's reaction to the drafting of Macreadie would suggest he wasn't across it.
Yes, understand. Let's say Bolts had no idea at the time. Would you say he would be happy now given how Macreadie has fared?

Bett you Bolts is now saying! " shut up and take my money",,

Yes, understand. Let's say Bolts had no idea at the time. Would you say he would be happy now given how Macreadie has fared?

Not the point I'm trying to make, or the discussion I'm trying to enter into. I'm just discussing the Bluemour that SOS might have engineered a trade for Macreadie and O'Rourke. I'll happily wander into another thread to discuss Macreadie's form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS let us have Macreadie (a pick in the 40's)

We helped Hawthorn get O'Meara

They will in turn help us get O'Rourke 12 months later (what if he had a ripper year?)

What did GWS get out of this?

Hmmmmm....

If he has a ripper year, why, when Hawthorn's list is in the place it is, would they let him go? You would assume he has a ripper year they will keep him wont they?

TBH, I find it very hard to believe Bolton was in the dark over Macreadie. I just cant imagine a scenario where the List Manager is hiding targets and keeping secrets from the Senior Coach about draft picks.

Bolton: SOS mate, who are we drafting?
SOS: For me to know and you to find out. :p
Bolton: C'mon mate please tell me.
SOS: Nup, piss off pipsqueak, you'll find out on draft night.

Funny, but I think highly unlikely Bolton didn't know.

Absolute zero sense. ORourke doesn't excited me at all! I'd rather take a kid at the draft
Especially as SOS appears to have such a keen eye for talent, both early and late in the draft.

Though we could flip that and say that he did pick JOR in the first place. Even the greatest can be allowed 1 mistake though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back