Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
We traded Tuohy and 2017 2nd (20ish) for Smedts and 2017 1st. We didn't get Marchbank and Pickett for Tuohy, we got them for Tuohy and this year's second rounder. It's a heavy price to pay, especially if Pickett doesn't make it.

Didn't we end up getting a second rounder back which we then traded to hawthorn?

We didn't get Marchbank and Pickett for Tuohy, we got them for Tuohy and this year's second rounder. It's a heavy price to pay, especially if Pickett doesn't make it.

Tuohy and a second round pick for Marchbank and Pickett?

I'd do that trade for Marchbank alone. Pickett making the grade on top of that would be a huge bonus.

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Our 2018 2nd pick, and our 2017 third round pick and our fourth went out the door last year; the Hawthorn trade effectively recouped some of that, but we're still down the second rounder.

So in essence we gave up a second rounder for Paddy Kerr. I can live with that at this stage

edit: Kerr + Williamson for a second rounder

Last edited:

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

We traded out Tuohy + this years second and ended up going to the draft with 3 fourth rounders.

So in essence our only outs were:

Tuohy, 2017 second round pick

our ins were:

Marchbank, Smedts, Pickett, Williamson, Kerr (traded in two extra 4th round picks)

(I would also like to think that if Williamson had been born 2 weeks later, there's every chance he would have been a first round pick this year)

Last edited:

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Tuohy and 2017 2nd to Geelong for 2017 1st and Smedts.

then

Geelong's 2017 1st plus late 2016 picks (3rd and 4th rounders IIRC) for Marchbank, Pickett and 2017 2nd.

then

GWS 2017 2nd for Hawthorn's three late picks in 2016.

We also got Geelong's 3rd round pick in the touhy deal

Stiffler's Dad

Premium Platinum
Oct 8, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hungarian Women's Nude Road Bowls

Nose best.
upload_2017-4-24_13-24-13.png

Or best nose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Doubt we'd get O'Rourke as a DFA...prob more like a late pick, say in the 50's or 60's. Hawthorn need draft picks.
I'd be all for that.

Sure he hasn't shown a whole lot, but taken at no.2 (even if he was a reach) he'd have a high ceiling and cost next to nothing.

I can see us going for it since he's a mid, in the right age bracket, and SOS was the one who picked him at #2 so obviously rated him highly.

Stiffler's Dad

Premium Platinum
Oct 8, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hungarian Women's Nude Road Bowls
Our 2018 2nd pick, and our 2017 third round pick and our fourth went out the door last year; the Hawthorn trade effectively recouped some of that, but we're still down the second rounder.
Tuohy and 2017 2nd to Geelong for 2017 1st and Smedts.

then
Geelong's 2017 1st plus late 2016 picks (3rd and 4th rounders IIRC) for Marchbank, Pickett and 2017 2nd.
then
GWS 2017 2nd for Hawthorn's three late picks in 2016.
We traded out Tuohy + this years second and ended up going to the draft with 3 fourth rounders.
So in essence our only outs were:
Tuohy, 2017 second round pick
our ins were:
Marchbank, Smedts, Pickett, Williamson, Kerr (traded in two extra 4th round picks)
(I would also like to think that if Williamson had been born 2 weeks later, there's every chance he would have been a first round pick this year)

We also got Geelong's 3rd round pick in the touhy deal

Boys please!
All we wanted to know was who was on first.;)

Rumor has it that we may have made an approach to a top bloke to become an assistant coach in 2019 if not in 2018. Gold Coast made similar inquiries but he turned them down.

Source: A manager at a prominent local club.
Could it be Ratts? He's more fittingly called a top bloke, than Hodge.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
i have no issues with picking up DFA or kids with high ceilings that have shown little in the AFL system but rated highly for nothing, or 3rd/4th round picks.

Its the big trades like Brock Mclean and co that drive me crazy.

I feel bad for Brock, wasn't his fault that the game changed immediately after we traded for him.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Doubt we'd get O'Rourke as a DFA...prob more like a late pick, say in the 50's or 60's. Hawthorn need draft picks.
I'd be all for that.

Sure he hasn't shown a whole lot, but taken at no.2 (even if he was a reach) he'd have a high ceiling and cost next to nothing.

I can see us going for it since he's a mid, in the right age bracket, and SOS was the one who picked him at #2 so obviously rated him highly.
23yo is a bit late for a mid to be coming on. Managed 25 touches in the NEAFL over 10 games in 2014 and in the VFL only been good for 21 touches over 19 and 9 games in 2015/2016 and 19 a game in 2 games so far this year. Really not showing much at all. Would want to come dirt cheap to be worth a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back