Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How bloody good would it be to be able to look back in 2 years time and say "We nailed all six draft selections in 2016, they're all in our best 22, and we're not far away from playing September footy."

SPS, Fisher, Macreadie, Williamson - all definite players in my book.
Polson - an early debut is definitely positive, jury still out though.
Kerr - seems to have the attributes and attitude, quietly confident he'll be getting a run later this season or in the first half of next year.

How bloody good would it be to be able to look back in 2 years time and say "We nailed all six draft selections in 2016, they're all in our best 22, and we're not far away from playing September footy."

Kerr - seems to have the attributes and attitude, quietly confident he'll be getting a run later this season or in the first half of next year.

Sheesh, your glass is only half full....I'm fully expecting every pick in the last 2 years drafts to be best 22 and contending for the premiership in 3 years time

Don't want to jump the gun on this one, but if some of his pre-season efforts stand for anything, Kym Lebois may make his was into this conversation.

Just don't see it with Kerr, although he looked O.K. last week. In between size and just don't know what a good role for him would be.....kicking goals wouldn't go astray though. :)

Just don't see it with Kerr, although he looked O.K. last week. In between size and just don't know what a good role for him would be.....kicking goals wouldn't go astray though. :)

He's listed at 194cm - that's a pretty reasonable height for a key forward.

Don't want to jump the gun on this one, but if some of his pre-season efforts stand for anything, Kym Lebois may make his was into this conversation.

Will be good to see LeBois and Gallucci in the same (VFL) side at some point. Reckon they'd make a good Rioli/Puopolo type pairing.

I can see a role for Kerr as a genuine third/fourth tall, especially if we're set on Charlie playing up the ground.

McKay playing CHF and providing a chop out to the ruckman.
Weitering playing at FF, rotating down back if required. (Pushed down back permanently if BSOS is what we hope he is?)
Silvagni roaming at HF.
Kerr leading out of the pocket to drag a defender away from Weiters and provide a short hit-up if he finds space.

Slap a couple of smalls in there to crumb and that forward line will stretch plenty of teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be good to see LeBois and Gallucci in the same (VFL) side at some point. Reckon they'd make a good Rioli/Puopolo type pairing.

I can see a role for Kerr as a genuine third/fourth tall, especially if we're set on Charlie playing up the ground.

McKay playing CHF and providing a chop out to the ruckman.
Weitering playing at FF, rotating down back if required. (Pushed down back permanently if BSOS is what we hope he is?)
Silvagni roaming at HF.
Kerr leading out of the pocket to drag a defender away from Weiters and provide a short hit-up if he finds space.

Slap a couple of smalls in there to crumb and that forward line will stretch plenty of teams.

I just don't see Gallucci to have the tricks.
He's quick and can look good at times in the way Nahas did, but never strikes me as AFL quality.

LeBois will be good....I know....because ECurnow told me. :)

Kerr strikes me as your third tall TBH. Don't think you'd ever base your attack around him. Was decent the other day for the NB. Certainly worth persisting with and seeing what can develop with him.

He's quick and can look good at times in the way Nahas did, but never strikes me as AFL quality.

Havent seen enough of him to form a solid opinion. Was pretty good the week before but had an absolute mare last weekend against Williamstown.

does he Harks? doe he look good like Nahas... where it counts?

Kerr strikes me as your third tall TBH. Don't think you'd ever base your attack around him. Was decent the other day for the NB. Certainly worth persisting with and seeing what can develop with him.

If that was to be the case, he's likely to have limited opportunity.
If CCurnow is to continue to play forward and clearly Jack will, where does that leave him?

Must say, I have liked Kerrs efforts. This guy isn't going to die wondering and is currently working his arse off. Good on him.

If that was to be the case, he's likely to have limited opportunity.
If CCurnow is to continue to play forward and clearly Jack will, where does that leave him?

Must say, I have liked Kerrs efforts. This guy isn't going to die wondering and is currently working his arse off. Good on him.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess it depends on his development in the end. Maybe he gets good enough that we cant leave him out of the best 22.

I still expect that Charlie plays midfield more than forward.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess it depends on his development in the end. Maybe he gets good enough that we cant leave him out of the best 22.

I still expect that Charlie plays midfield more than forward.

If....if....Charlie does become a serious mid.....he'll be a serious mid. No half measures here.

It will have to start to be on show this year though. Really looking forward to the evolution of CC

It's odd how he looks to be only slightly taller than Laidler, to me.
That's clearly not the case but he just doesn't look that tall.

We need a FWD who has footy smarts, can lead to the right spot, take a mark - and most importantly kick goals from set shots.

There is a spot waiting for you Patrick............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back