Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd how he looks to be only slightly taller than Laidler, to me.
That's clearly not the case but he just doesn't look that tall.
Probably because he plays low to the ground when the ball is on the deck.

That and he's less than 2 inches taller.

I think the future involves having these hybrid tall mid/forward types. We have Cripps who will mostly play as a mid and eventually when we build our midfield up will rest forward. Charlie certainly is another one with the athleticism and talent. Fogarty looks to be another type and I think he would be our top target during the draft. He takes on the tacklers and stands his ground really well. Would be a perfect partner for Cripps.

Cripps, Curnow and Fogarty should be very tough to stop.

I think the future involves having these hybrid tall mid/forward types. We have Cripps who will mostly play as a mid and eventually when we build our midfield up will rest forward. Charlie certainly is another one with the athleticism and talent. Fogarty looks to be another type and I think he would be our top target during the draft. He takes on the tacklers and stands his ground really well. Would be a perfect partner for Cripps.

Cripps, Curnow and Fogarty should be very tough to stop.

Jack SOS

How bloody good would it be to be able to look back in 2 years time and say "We nailed all six draft selections in 2016, they're all in our best 22, and we're not far away from playing September footy."

SPS, Fisher, Macreadie, Williamson - all definite players in my book.
Polson - an early debut is definitely positive, jury still out though.
Kerr - seems to have the attributes and attitude, quietly confident he'll be getting a run later this season or in the first half of next year.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Kerr becomes a week in, week out AFL quality footballer. Looks miles off the pace in terms of speed and agility...The way footy is played nowadays you really get shown up if you can't compete when the ball is on the deck or the other team has the ball.

He`s not even that, but he is a thug.........just ask Murph, A.Swallow, Wingard and many others!!! do not want him at the blues!!!

After the rumour about his possible venturing to Carlton I set aside my personal distaste for the guy and listened to his special comments on the weekend.

Lets just say that, given a choice between him and Lingy (remember MM trying to get him?) , it's not a hard decision.

Lingy's footy analysis is slightly shaded by Spud Frawley.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Kerr becomes a week in, week out AFL quality footballer. Looks miles off the pace in terms of speed and agility...The way footy is played nowadays you really get shown up if you can't compete when the ball is on the deck or the other team has the ball.
Did you watch any of the Northern Blues VFL match against Williamstown last Saturday afternoon?
I was pleasantly surprised with Kerrbeing more than just a lead up forward. He was competing for the ball on the flank and driving it forward.
He needs another pre-season, sure, but it was not too hard to imagine watching the VFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see it, so good to hear. Things will turn pretty quickly for us if a couple of the 'bonus' kids like Kerr come on.

Yep, as per GIIP, his game for the NB was really promising. He'll never be the focal point of a forward line, but he looks like he'd complement a couple of other mobile talls really well. Reminds me a bit of Nick Riewoldt when he plays deep forward, in that he proactively leads at the guy with the ball, rather than waiting for the kick to determine where he's going to run. In terms of ability and utility, I could see him being a reliable, quality role player in the vein of Tyson Goldsack (who I see as a solid upgrade on Simon White). Our forward line has been quite static for a few years now, so a hard-working leading forward would be a breath of fresh air.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got a couple of games late this year, just to give him a feel for senior footy. Then a mid-2018 call-up for an extended run of games, if he works hard enough, would be the carrot to dangle.

Last edited:
Did you watch any of the Northern Blues VFL match against Williamstown last Saturday afternoon?
I was pleasantly surprised with Kerrbeing more than just a lead up forward. He was competing for the ball on the flank and driving it forward.
He needs another pre-season, sure, but it was not too hard to imagine watching the VFL game.
Was happy to see his handpassing in packs was pretty reasonable, especially in the first q

After the rumour about his possible venturing to Carlton I set aside my personal distaste for the guy and listened to his special comments on the weekend.

Lets just say that, given a choice between him and Lingy (remember MM trying to get him?) , it's not a hard decision.

Lingy's footy analysis is slightly shaded by Spud Frawley.
I love hearing lingy reference Geelong every five minutes of every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back