Bluemour Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll probs get shot down for saying it. But if we can get Sicily on the cheap as part of a goodwill trade from Hawthorn. I say yes please.
Nope.

Don't agree with your sentiment either. Do not like the look of Siciliy as a footballer, not interested in trading for him. Reckon we could do a lot better with the pick or on another trade.

If we had Brad Scott as our coach i would be totally embarrassed, what a flog for treating one of his players like that in public. .

In public... have you never played football before? Some players respond to a spray and I'm sure Brad Scott would know that. This is AFL football not u/10's.

I'm sick of everything thats caught on camera being turned into a big issue, political correctness is getting out of control. Majak Daw is probably one of the best physical specimens in the AFL and he plays with the same endeavour as Andrejs Everitt, I'd be frustrated too especially since he dropped Goldstein and this was one of Daw's biggest opportunity.

Whilst I'm ranting I'm also sick of reading people questioning players character in this thread. Whitfield made a mistake, he got caught, he partook in something that players do in every single AFL club and you are completely naive to think our youngsters are angels. Young men on high salaries combined with a public profile the problem will always be there. If we can forgive Charlie Curnow for his stuff up why put a line through a Whitfield type, who would be perfect fit for our club?

In public... have you never played football before? Some players respond to a spray and I'm sure Brad Scott would know that. This is AFL football not u/10's.

I'm sick of everything thats caught on camera being turned into a big issue, political correctness is getting out of control. Majak Daw is probably one of the best physical specimens in the AFL and he plays with the same endeavour as Andrejs Everitt, I'd be frustrated too especially since he dropped Goldstein and this was one of Daw's biggest opportunity.

Whilst I'm ranting I'm also sick of reading people questioning players character in this thread. Whitfield made a mistake, he got caught, he partook in something that players do in every single AFL club and you are completely naive to think our youngsters are angels. Young men on high salaries combined with a public profile the problem will always be there. If we can forgive Charlie Curnow for his stuff up why put a line through a Whitfield type, who would be perfect fit for our club?

....line being the operative word ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brave post, accurate post, something to think about post. What sort of line was it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see how both can be taken in a bad way but personally both the Scott and Sicily incidents happen in footy. Adrenaline pumping, it happens and most people move on.

At the top level though it isn't the best look.

Both stars and certainly played on the edge. The game is a physical game that has been sterilised by the AFL. We'd be lucky to have Hodge as an assistant imo. Would be a brilliant get.
Physical is one thing but just plain nasty and trying to injure the opposition is another......ask Murphy what he thinks of him!!! ask Wingard how it feels to be bending down to pick the ball up for the kick in after it goes through the points and get your head bumped into the post!!! (also it was a very late bump!!!) He tried to tunnel Dangerfield the other night by lifting him up around the waist and then tried dumping him on his back, but Paddy marked the ball in spite of all that and the umpire said to "the dog"(hodge) to keep your arms up, meaning go for the ball not the man..........he is and always has been a HAWS THUG.......just like that prick coach of theirs "clarko" was when he played at Melb and NM and king hit Ian Aitken (Carlton) and broke his jaw in an exhibition game in London when he came from behind and king hit him!!! So I do not want a thug/sniper/dog like hodge at Carlton anytime thanks.......by the way, his hit list is endless and I have often heard Dermie say that the haws like players with a nasty streak in them.......he should know about all that the dog!!! I equate playing the man as outside the rules as it is a cheap shot and the same as cheating!!! I would hate to be playing on hodge in the last round where he has nothing to lose if he gets suspended..........the BLOODY THUG!!! p.s. not saying he has not been a great player for the HAWS.

As much as he was a sniping thug I agree with this. I don't believe you can teach his brand of thuggery. If you ever wanted a player to take a game on and say 'we ain't losing this" unfortunately 3 players that come to mind are 3 of my least favourite characters - voss, hird, hodge.
same here.......they did give their all to get their teams across the line.

Physical is one thing but just plain nasty and trying to injure the opposition is another......ask Murphy what he thinks of him!!! ask Wingard how it feels to be bending down to pick the ball up for the kick in after it goes through the points and get your head bumped into the post!!! (also it was a very late bump!!!) He tried to tunnel Dangerfield the other night by lifting him up around the waist and then tried dumping him on his back, but Paddy marked the ball in spite of all that and the umpire said to "the dog"(hodge) to keep your arms up, meaning go for the ball not the man..........he is and always has been a HAWS THUG.......just like that prick coach of theirs "clarko" was when he played at Melb and NM and king hit Ian Aitken (Carlton) and broke his jaw in an exhibition game in London when he came from behind and king hit him!!! So I do not want a thug/sniper/dog like hodge at Carlton anytime thanks.......by the way, his hit list is endless and I have often heard Dermie say that the haws like players with a nasty streak in them.......he should know about all that the dog!!! I equate playing the man as outside the rules as it is a cheap shot and the same as cheating!!! I would hate to be playing on hodge in the last round where he has nothing to lose if he gets suspended..........the BLOODY THUG!!! p.s. not saying he has not been a great player for the HAWS.
yada yada yada . how many premiership to hawks in past 20 years? How many to carlton? Harden the feck up

Hodge was the best player in the best draft. Not sure why we are debating his onfield career around here. His career is so far in front of Chris Judd's that it isn't funny. Does that make him a good coach? Maybe or maybe not. But surely we owe it to ourselves to do some due diligence as to whether he'd be a benefit to our off field setup.

Hodge was the best player in the best draft. Not sure why we are debating his onfield career around here. His career is so far in front of Chris Judd's that it isn't funny. Does that make him a good coach? Maybe or maybe not. But surely we owe it to ourselves to do some due diligence as to whether he'd be a benefit to our off field setup.

Good point.

I think defenders (Or defensively minded mids/players) make the best coaches

Strongly disagree. Love hodge and dermie. Hodge closest thing to perfect footballer. The dirty stuff has to be done by someone. Multiple prems and norms. Enough said. And fwiw both very good blokes off the feild.

Strongly disagree. Love hodge and dermie. Hodge closest thing to perfect footballer. The dirty stuff has to be done by someone. Multiple prems and norms. Enough said. And fwiw both very good blokes off the field.

Sounds as though it's coming from a place of authority.

Is that a fact or a perception?

Judd is clearly the better player.

If Hodge was playing for Carlton & Judd for Hawthorn. Judd's career would also be way ahead

People should always consider the cattle when making big statements. Burgoyne, Mitchell, Rioli, Roughead, Lewis etc made it much easier Hodge

As for coaching, l think Hodge may be good. I think he will do Media instead

Eh ....no thanks. Old Carlton attitude right there'..the kind of attitude that got us in our current position.

got us 16 premierships too

Just wait till this rebuild ends, the were Carlton **** the rest stuff will start coming out.

Otherwise it's not even fun.

Respect and being humble, save that for visiting nana

Last edited by a moderator:
Judd is clearly the better player.

If Hodge was playing for Carlton & Judd for Hawthorn. Judd's career would also be way ahead

People should always consider the cattle when making big statements. Burgoyne, Mitchell, Rioli, Roughead, Lewis etc made it much easier Hodge

As for coaching, l think Hodge may be good. I think he will do Media instead

As a team man, Hodge has it all over Judd. The only area I'd have Judd in any way ahead is on individual brilliance. Make no mistake, if we'd have had Hodge setting the standards instead of Judd we'd have been a far better team.

It's that team first ethic that should stand Hodge in good stead as a coach. We'll see if he prefers that to media (and media has to be an easier route). If he does go into coaching, I hope we're doing our diligence on what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back