Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“on a limited, part-time basis to act as a sounding board for the football department”.
Full-time gig could be his preferred calling. His name has been mentioned a few times with us. See what goes ‘eh.
I've heard he's been brought in to store prospective trades in his house and wear them down until they agree to lengthy million dollar contracts.

It's part time and being paid peanuts.

He'll be at Carlton full time next year.

Not sure how i feel about that...a few questionable actions recently.

The Whitfield drug situation, imo being part of snaking Neil Balme at Collingwood, then he's been too involved with poor list management decisions like allegedly trying to offer top 10 picks for an old Steve Johnson and being a key figure in the Chris Mayne contract.

Still, he's experienced and an upgrade on McKay...as long as ground rules are set that SOS makes the final call on anything to do with the list including contract terms.

they can drink, have sex, vote, fight in war & drive - they have more mental alacrity than you could even imagine - particularly the unit you are describing who has been feted and touted as golden from a young age - if you want to rank them for mental development how does 'kid' work ffs?
That statement assumes they're healthy. As I'm sure you're aware, the rates of mental illness have been rising sharper than the pressures of today (though that too is accelerating due to a variety of socioeconomic factors), and that remains on an upward trend currently (though there is some conjecture about that).

Just because they're high performance athletes, doesn't mean they're inherently healthy in terms of their brain and/or nervous system.

Not sure how i feel about that...a few questionable actions recently.

The Whitfield drug situation, imo being part of snaking Neil Balme at Collingwood, then he's been too involved with poor list management decisions like allegedly trying to offer top 10 picks for an old Steve Johnson and being a key figure in the Chris Mayne contract.

Still, he's experienced and an upgrade on McKay...as long as ground rules are set that SOS makes the final call on anything to do with the list including contract terms.

Not perturbed with Whitfield, going the lengths to help a troubled player out.
Was Stevie J part of the CEO involvement in trading?
Mayne is concerning (though he’s become a solid citizen this year).
SOS / Allan have history and would have their positions set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have honestly never heard of a man being referred to as a Cove or Coves, enlighten me please.
You need to be born in the first half of the last century to be old enough for your great-great-grandparents to understand the reference.

Jayden Short with another decent performance. Blumour target wasn’t he?
A Short bloke on fire near Saints players. Who'd have thunk it?

That statement assumes they're healthy. As I'm sure you're aware, the rates of mental illness have been rising sharper than the pressures of today (though that too is accelerating due to a variety of socioeconomic factors), and that remains on an upward trend currently (though there is some conjecture about that).

Just because they're high performance athletes, doesn't mean they're inherently healthy in terms of their brain and/or nervous system.

The intelligent, well adjusted adult part of me agrees mental health issues are a significant problem today. The cynical part of me very much suggests that ' mental health issues ' are seemingly being used as a get out of jail free card to excuse a crap load of bad behaviour and poor decisions and criminal actions.

shutup - they're still not kids
I'm looking at this in terms of emotionally mature decision making, and I think we can all agree there's an issue there, but that doesn't remove them from legal responsibilities at all.

5. Not sure what your issue is if i say "if Cripps wants to leave then i wish him well"?

Nothing, other than the fact that our midfield would be massacred week in week out without him.
As it stands we have nothing on our list that comes remotely close to him but that's fair enough because he is a once in a generation player.
Hopefully, Kennedy will be injury free from now on and will be at least quality back up to Cripps. He's the only one we have at this stage.
Dow will be good but he is a couple of years away from reaching Cripps standard.
I have no problem with your posts. I have simply been pointing out, as you suggested, that we have Cripps and then no plan b.
We have absolutely sfa atm if he does get injured or leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back