Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I recently found out that Teague is constantly in touch with the players. Phone calls at all hours to see how they're going, if they need any further instructions on a message that was give out at training etc.

Reckon I'd also struggle to kick goals if my coach was stalking me... :p
:D

I get the impression from Bolts little speech prior to announcing TDK's first game that our spine is set. Weits, Marchbank, Cripps, Harry, Charlie.....surprised if we heavily pursue McGovern and indeed Lukosius with pick 1.
agreed we need walsh to add to that talented spine..

Re GWS - exactly. Once that initial flag has been won the ties for some of their players will loosen.
I’m really riding them in this year finals. Get it done Giants!
I am of the opposite view, because why would you want to leave a club that has just been premiers when you can win again and as we have seen with the Haws and Geel, players have taken pay cuts to keep the team intact and stay winning flags..........I think that GWS players are more likely to get tired of waiting for a flag to happen, and then just return home to play for a team in their home state and more likely for bigger $$$$$ I would rather that the Giants keep on bombing out in the finals and that these players become disillusioned with the clubs system and bugger off!!!

Do you really think Freo want to make him available though?
You don't select someone at #5 and want to move them on the next year, unless there's a real issue and if there is.....buyer beware.
Unless you can land a Lukosius for a kid that would rather play in his home state.......and remember that Carlton were looking at Cerra before the draft by all accounts..........if all this has any legs at all it is probably because Freo are really desperate to bolster their forward line and could be willing to use him as bait.

Unless you can land a Lukosius for a kid that would rather play in his home state.......and remember that Carlton were looking at Cerra before the draft by all accounts..........if all this has any legs at all it is probably because Freo are really desperate to bolster their forward line and could be willing to use him as bait.

Good point.
Freo have been trying to land a gun forward since Pav.
Pick 1 delivers Lukosius.
Pick 1 and 23 for Cerra and pick 6.
Take Rankine with 6.
Trade 2019 1st for Shiel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Beveridge article where he is basically moody about the chance/talk of us and Suns getting PPs straight after our first picks, very interesting. Wonder what mail he's getting.

Luke Beveridge article where he is basically moody about the chance/talk of us and Suns getting PPs straight after our first picks, very interesting. Wonder what mail he's getting.

To add to this also. Just got to work. Bloke sitting here beside me is a 40yr Saints member, who went into rooms after HAW game. Spoke with a club official about their team. Old mate here says - we could do with another mobile forward. Official says - we’d love Lukosius but won’t get anywhere near him. Old mate says - Blues? Official says - (something like)

“No, Blues will be trading out of 1 and also their priority pick which will also be up there. They’ve got that many irons in the fire and a heap of good picks this year and next. Watch for them this offseason, they’re going to go real hard at established talent. They’re looking to get some big names in. Got good kids, but a big gap behind them. Looking to fill that gap.”

Old mate - “Bloke at works a blue. Any names?”

Official - “GWS again. Heard Shiel and some, Setterfield has been mentioned, good player, but ADE are right in there for Lukosius, but there’s a heap of teams enquiring and a lot of good names mentioned. Some teams also need points and want their early/Mid 2nd rounders. SOS is happy to deal their picks. Expect a lot of movement at top end, Suns too.”

I’m dictating it straight from him. Old mate just said, Saints expect AFL to give Blues a high PP as the league loses out when we struggle. Called it “much better business for AFL when the Top 4 Vic teams are doing well. Carlton at the bottom costs them money.”

There it is FWIW, dissect as you will. My take is - experience over prospective talent. Happy with that.

To add to this also. Just got to work. Bloke sitting here beside me is a 40yr Saints member, who went into rooms after HAW game. Spoke with a club official about their team. Old mate here says - we could do with another mobile forward. Official says - we’d love Lukosius but won’t get anywhere near him. Old mate says - Blues? Official says - (something like)

“No, Blues will be trading out of 1 and also their priority pick which will also be up there. They’ve got that many irons in the fire and a heap of good picks this year and next. Watch for them this offseason, they’re going to go real hard at established talent. They’re looking to get some big names in. Got good kids, but a big gap behind them. Looking to fill that gap.”

Official - “GWS again. Heard Shiel and some, Setterfield has been mentioned, good player, but ADE are right in there for Lukosius, but there’s a heap of teams enquiring and a lot of good names mentioned. Some teams also need points and want their early/Mid 2nd rounders. SOS is happy to deal their picks. Expect a lot of movement at top end, Suns too.”

I’m dictating it straight from him. Old mate just said, Saints expect AFL to give Blues a high PP as the league loses out when we struggle. Called it “much better business for AFL when the Top 4 Vic teams are doing well. Carlton at the bottom costs them money.”

There it is FWIW, dissect as you will. My take is - experience over prospective talent. Happy with that.
Club has also stated this at times during this season so perhaps it is true...

Funny. Jon Ralph nearly turning himself inside out to stop us getting a pick.

Apparently we have a really ‘promising’ list now and in his match report for the Bulldogs game he mentions the PP several times with his scaremongering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have a stab at dissection.
Recruiting. The secret society of AFL. These recruitment guys play every card close to their chests. Getting info from SOS is like getting blood from a stone.
And yet their every move is known months in advance accoring to this. And what the AFL has planned also.
I think maybe the workmate is having a lend and has been reading bigfooty rumours. ;)

I will have a stab at dissection.
Recruiting. The secret society of AFL. These recruitment guys play every card close to their chests. Getting info from SOS is like getting blood from a stone.
And yet their every move is known months in advance accoring to this. And what the AFL has planned also.
I think maybe the workmate is having a lend and has been reading bigfooty rumours. ;)

There are other sources... Family and friends of players, coaches, admin... And then there a player agents who have their own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back