Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the Tom Boyd rumour, which you yourself perpetuated for a good 12 months. :oops:
Azul, not sure if your having a dig or not, but the Boyd topic was clearly not a rumour. He was just drafted to GWS, and I got wind that he wanted to come home in May of that year. Carlton was clearly his preferred destination and we were a long way down the track with negotiations with GWS but at the last minute Doggies come with the mother of all offers.

Azul, not sure if your having a dig or not, but the Boyd topic was clearly not a rumour. He was just drafted to GWS, and I got wind that he wanted to come home in May of that year. Carlton was clearly his preferred destination and we were a long way down the track with negotiations with GWS but at the last minute Doggies come with the mother of all offers.
Exactly, the rumour was true, the circumstances just changed.

That's exactly how I remember it MS3.

[In="SickQwon, post: 46990347, member: 158843"]Reminds me of when GSW traded Monta Ellis who was a gun player & cult hero to acquire Andrew Bogut and additionally allow Steph Curry to step up as #1 PG. Was a very unpopular decision at the time... GSW went on to win the NBA Championship only a couple of seasons later + Curry won the league MVP.

A different sport but a good example of how these unpopular & tough decisions must be made with the primary focus and goal of building towards sustained success.[/QUOTE]

I was so happy when I woke to that News that I took the day off to celebrate

Hey MS3, I hate asking you stuff, it's akin to approaching a celebrity while they're trying to enjoy their lunch, and asking them for an autograph... So I do apologise for the intrusion, but someone said, that someone said, that someone said, JOM was seen down at PP. is there any truth to this? And if so, what would he be doing there?

Why though? A trade for the future would only make sense if they were getting better output in the short term. This means almost certainly we will need to take a step back (however small) at first.

We saw this with yarran, henderson and to a lesser extent, Menzel last year.

However optimisitcally we believe mckay, sos n curnow performed in 2016, it was never expected for them to match the former trios output in year 1.

I think it is important to keep bringing in young talent in & for that we have to bear a little pain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't be bothered going back through the forum to check but I vaguely recall Nathan Vardy's name being mentioned in some form. Thought I'd mention that Seven News (SA) just stated that he is linked to Port.

Play on!

Jeeze... We really are starved any juicy blumours...

I don't know how much longer we can last without a reliable barass70 or [SIZE=3][URL='https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/members/marc-shmurf-3.32527/']Marc Shmurf 3[/URL][/SIZE] nugget

Even just a little one would do!

How about this as a rumour that could develop over the next few weeks.

Jarryd Lyons, ex Sandy Dragons player, been on Adelaide's list for 5 yrs, 24 yrs old, I think. Took a bit of time to break into a regular game for the Crows, but is part of their best 22 at the moment. Need another inside mid to help out Cripps. Victorian lad who is still unsigned by the Crows at this time, and who may want to come home.

Carlton has a good trade relationship with Adelaide. ie. Kerridge, Wright. And us letting Eddie go without any fuss. The article evens mentions this. We have done well getting Adelaide players. Lyons is an inside mid, who averages over 20 disposals per game, is not injury prone, and maybe is worth a look at.

Just putting it out there for discussion....:)

http://footyprophet.com/jarryd-lyons-market-value/

Last edited by a moderator:
How about this as a rumour that could develop over the next few weeks. Jarryd Lyons, ex Sandy Dragons player, been on Adelaide's list for 5 yrs, 24 yrs old, I think. Took a bit of time to break into a regular game for the Crows, but is part of their best 22 at the moment. Need another inside mid to help out Cripps. Victorian lad who is still unsigned by the Crows at the time, and who may want to come home. Carlton has a good trade relationship with Adelaide. ie. Kerridge, Wright. And us letting Eddie go without any fuss. The article evens mentions this. We have done well getting Adelaide players. Lyons is an inside mid, who averages over 20 disposals per game, is not injury prone, and maybe is worth a look at. Just putting it out there for discussion....:)

http://footyprophet.com/jarryd-lyons-market-value/

What kind of lunatic wrote that piece, and how did he come up with these 3 trade examples that are so out of whack with each other lol:

Possible trade scenarios:

1. Carlton trades their second selection overall (pick 23), and 2017 second rounder, Adelaide trades Jarryd Lyons and 2016 third selection.
  2. Western Bulldogs trade Adelaide their second selection overall (Pick 31-36), Adelaide sends Lyons to the Dogs.
  3. Hawthorn trade their 2017 first round pick to Adelaide, Adelaide trades Lyons to Hawthorn.

What kind of lunatic wrote that piece, and how did he come up with these 3 trade examples that are so out of whack with each other lol:

Possible trade scenarios:

1. Carlton trades their second selection overall (pick 23), and 2017 second rounder, Adelaide trades Jarryd Lyons and 2016 third selection.
  2. Western Bulldogs trade Adelaide their second selection overall (Pick 31-36), Adelaide sends Lyons to the Dogs.
  3. Hawthorn trade their 2017 first round pick to Adelaide, Adelaide trades Lyons to Hawthorn.

Trades 2 & 3 don't make sense compared to Trade No. 1. This years second rounder might do it, but we probably need it for the Marchbank trade???

They're all over the shop.

Footscrays 35/36 is enough

but

Hawthorns 32 is not good enough, so it has to be Hawthorns 1st

and then

Even though WB's 35/36 is enough, Carlton's 23 isn't enough.

It's just pathetic stuff that is even way below BigFooty standards.

EDIT: On re=reading it is actually even worse. He's got Hawthorn trading their 2017 1st for Lyons lol

I'll never understand why some people consider the idea of trading Gibbs akin to shooting Bambi, it's probably certain he will stay, but I just can't rate him as a 'fabric of the club ripped apart' type player if he left, unlike say Betts.

The best time to trade Gibbs was two or so years ago, when he was out of contract and probably would have netted us a top ten pick and a decent player.

At this point in time, I can't see us doing any other deals apart from the GWS 4 II/Marchbank and trading off Dre and posssibly Graham to Gold Coast, suspect the ship has sailed on our interest in Lennon, and really there only seems to be crud left on the market (if we assume that Hawthorn have snapped up all the goodies in O'Meara and Mitchell)

Tuohy is the interesting one though, hopefully he re-signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back