Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's t
If Gibbs does go, start with the Crows first rounder and go from there.

That's the most intelligent comment made about this remotely possible trade.
The Crow's first 2016 and 2017 too.
He is of very high interest to the Crows linage and heritage , skill, ability and their piont in development. Gibbs is a most attractive proposition.
We're in a very strong contractual postion and Stick's influence.
Go Baggers

Cey would be a great get if Gibbs was to be traded along with their first, they will never let McGovern go so no point asking for him... He would be my first preference though!!

Cey would be a great get if Gibbs was to be traded along with their first, they will never let McGovern go so no point asking for him... He would be my first preference though!!

We were never letting Josh Kennedy go either but you have to give talent to acquire talent.

Crows are pretty stacked up forward and can afford to off load one.

We were never letting Josh Kennedy go either but you have to give talent to acquire talent.

Crows are pretty stacked up forward and can afford to off load one.
But that's saying that Gibbs is worth what Judd was, Gibbs is nowhere near as good and he's 27, Kennedy didn't show that much when he was with us so we didn't really know what we were giving up, I would love Mcgovern but I cannot see them giving him up after he showed what he could do... Those two trades are not comparable Imo. Cey and there 1st is a win for us I reckon

I think you're over rating Gibbs

I think you are under rating him and the level importance he would be to that current Crows team.

Gibbs is worth what someone is willing to pay and where the Crows are right now list wise he carries a massive sell high price tag for us IF we go down that path. CEY will not get it done.

I think you're over rating Gibbs

The fact that he's tied to us for 3 years on big money means we hold the cards. If they see him as the missing puzzle piece they'll have to pony up. If not, he stays. He's worth more to us than a late first and a limited fringe mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are under rating him and the level importance he would be to that current Crows team.

Gibbs is worth what someone is willing to pay and where the Crows are right now list wise he carries a massive sell high price tag for us IF we go down that path. CEY will not get it done.
Wow cey is a fringe player at best.Crows first,Lyons and one of the crouches.Thats the level it needs to be or he stays.Simple.

was at the cfc gf lunch yesterday and spoke to both Trigg and andy mc... Adelaide have been in contact with Gibbs and his management, they are trying to convince his Partner that it's for the best if they return to SA... But Gibbs has said he would like to stay.. As of Thursday Gibbs said he would like to stay.... 'they'd want to be giving up something very good if we were to consider a trade' quote trigg... Also I asked about Stewart and Trigg said 'I would like to think he will be a blue next year', they didn't give much away about hrovat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This isn't the Patrick Dangerfield situation where he's going to Geelong regardless as an out of contract free agent. The Blues will not just accept a mid-to-late first round pick, a second and a kid that has never played a senior game. That just will not cut it.

They're going to be put into a situation where they pay a premium above that trade. A first and McGovern while nice should be the absolute minimum we trade for. Otherwise the club can facilitate a situation that suits Lauren while Bryce continues to play for the club that he is content at. Yes, I know McGovern has had a nice opening season and his value is vastly superior than Dean Gore's. So it should be.

I have a feeling that if Adelaide and Carlton do come to an agreement that a lot of Crows fans will feel pissed off and that they've overpaid especially if they compare it to the Dangerfield trade. But they need to realize that you can't compare the two with an equal value.

was at the cfc gf lunch yesterday and spoke to both Trigg and andy mc... Adelaide have been in contact with Gibbs and his management, they are trying to convince his Partner that it's for the best if they return to SA... But Gibbs has said he would like to stay.. As of Thursday Gibbs said he would like to stay.... 'they'd want to be giving up something very good if we were to consider a trade' quote trigg... Also I asked about Stewart and Trigg said 'I would like to think he will be a blue next year', they didn't give much away about hrovat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

P6 asking questions of Trigg:

upload_2016-10-1_11-37-2.png

I am no trade guru and I have no inside information but I am still scratching my head at some of the trade suggestions in the Gibbs scenario.
I am not convinced that he will go but if he does, you have to analyse what we would really NEED for the balance of the list rather than just look at the potential of the player.
McGovern would be a great pick up BUT we already have Charlie and Silvagni, with Ben soon to follow and McKay to be fully fit next year as well.
Then, have a look at the Lyons suggestion.
It was reported a few weeks back that he was looking at his option because he was said to be disgusted with his offer.
Rumoured (on afl.com.au I think it was) to be less than $200k per year.
So, if a guy is being treated like that then we could get him for a late draft pick or even as a DFA if he doesn't sign?
Why would you include him in a deal that would make the Crows into a top 4 side?
If they are keen on Gibbs, fine.
SHOW US THE DRAFT PICKS!!!!!!

I am no trade guru and I have no inside information but I am still scratching my head at some of the trade suggestions in the Gibbs scenario.
I am not convinced that he will go but if he does, you have to analyse what we would really NEED for the balance of the list rather than just look at the potential of the player.
McGovern would be a great pick up BUT we already have Charlie and Silvagni, with Ben soon to follow and McKay to be fully fit next year as well.
It was reported a few weeks back that he was looking at his option because he was said to be disgusted with his offer.
So, if a guy is being treated like that then we could get him for a late draft pick or even as a DFA if he doesn't sign?
Why would you include him in a deal that would make the Crows into a top 4 side?
Nice thinking they are no way going to give up 2 first rounders so a 1st this year and a second next year should get it done . Hes 28 next year not 23 some people are over valuing him big time . Trades get done when both sides of the ledger are realistic not greedy and unreasonable ala * .

I'd rather Charlie Cameron tbh, could be anything

Nice thinking they are no way going to give up 2 first rounders so a 1st this year and a second next year should get it done . Hes 28 next year not 23 some people are over valuing him big time . Trades get done when both sides of the ledger are realistic not greedy and unreasonable ala * .

I know they won't give up 2 first rounders but 1 first rounder plus a player type we already have on our list, or 1 and a player that they are offering sfa should not get the deal done.
THEY have to give up quality to get quality.
As was suggested, yeah Cameron would be good too but they won't give him up without us sweetening the deal somehow.
As I have said a million times in the last month, we should be trading hard with GC first and foremost before we get our other deals done and we need to forget about the Everitt/Graham suggestions cos that won't get us amongst GC's 2nd rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back