Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The same people who were telling people to stop talking about Gibbs because it "isn't going to happen" are the same ones melting right now like its the end of the world.

We need to turn over this list and out of all our senior keepers these 2 are the first that should go and we will get some great things coming back our way to assist our rebuild. Tuohy won't get a game in our backline as we want to develop Byrne, Plowman, Marchbank, Docherty and Weitering back there we don't need him.

Gibbs is the last player I want our young midfielders to look up to and learn off and if we can get the equivalent of 2 first rounders for a 28 year old combined with the fact we are in a rebuild we take it and run. Enough of this doom and gloom its stupid we aren't going to get reamed on these trades and we need to bring in more young talent.

I'm saying that SOS wouldn't have low-balled Tuohy's contract if things weren't already in place. We would have signed up Tuohy for sure if we didn't think the return on him was more valuable.

So true.. these scenarios don't "just pop up". I said it when it happened that if our offer to Touhy was as low as what the rumours were saying then we were virtually giving him an open door to explore other options.

They've got a different way of doing things now, so that means all is going well and we're just going to shoot up the ladder does it?

I'll believe it when I see it.

We're so far from finals right now, it is just plain depressing.

Did you seriously think that with Gibbs we were going to be better than 10 other clubs in the next 2 years?

We need to target having the very best possible list we can scrounge by 2021/2022.

We need to have a large squad of great young players aged between 20-25years at that time.

By Gibbs going now we should get 2 more players in this group.

We will have the $ to sign free agents for the next 3 years.

We still have plenty of good leaders at the club.

There will be short term pain - but we need to keep our focus on the longer term goal.

OK lets just change the subject for while. I have a question, is McBean from Shitmond worth a punt on?
No but I've decide I'll Let SOS trade out Gibbs & Tuohy and some late picks if he can keep Pick #5 and somehow end up with GWS 5 , Shane Kersten, GHS, & 2Metre Peter ;)

Did you seriously think that with Gibbs we were going to be better than 10 other clubs in the next 2 years?

We need to target having the very best possible list we can scrounge by 2021/2022.

We need to have a large squad of great young players aged between 20-25years at that time.

By Gibbs going now we should get 2 more players in this group.

We will have the $ to sign free agents for the next 3 years.

We still have plenty of good leaders at the club.

There will be short term pain - but we need to keep our focus on the longer term goal.
No I don't, but it's a genuine worry the love everyone on her has for this kid, kid, kid approach.

Take a look at the Bulldogs. They didn't go trading every player who wasn't very young when they began rebuilding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs pushing it may be a blessing in disguise, though (albeit a good disguise).

Here's a guy who is part club stalwart, part whipping boy, who has never hit the heights we wanted and yet is still good enough to podium in B&Fs and so on. Where Marc Murphy is unanimously voted as leader of the group under two separate regimes, where was Gibbs? Kreuzer is always talked up as a respected warrior within the playing group, but Bryce Gibbs has NEVER been heart and soul Blue-blood leader-of-men guy. Can he play? Bloody oath he can. But he's permanently the "much-maligned" Bryce Gibbs, or the "B+ grade" Bryce Gibbs, or the "former #1 pick" Bryce Gibbs.

Is he taking us anywhere? Is HE leading us anywhere? Probably not, and therefore him being cashed in whilst he has value is THE catalyst for a rebuild bonfire. Out of the ashes could come an all-new Blues list ready to go somewhere together.

He's done well, he's played 200 games (bloody hell!), he's been durable, he's been good, he's occasionally been brilliant... but has he been loved? Has he been inspiring?

I love it. Everything not nailed down must go. Anarchy. Woo.

At least I don't have to look at that stupid ******* man bun every week in 2017

No I don't, but it's a genuine worry the love everyone on her has for this kid, kid, kid approach.

Take a look at the Bulldogs. They didn't go trading every player who wasn't very young when they began rebuilding.
Yeah they did. They got rid of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins all in one off-season. 3 blokes who had 10 years to lead their club to success but failed so they were moved on.. sound familiar? I hear your concerns but of all the moves the club has made the past 2 years this one may turn out to be the ballsiest and the best.

I'm thinking we trade 13 to GWS for Marchbank and co.

Take 5 to the draft this year and reload next year with 2 x 1st rounders.

I'd rather offer up the 2017 1st.

Think of it this way, with Bryce on their list surely they will finish higher than this year. So Pick #13 becomes pick #15/16 next year.

Next year's draft has some elite talent, but it's mostly at the top end. After the top 10 it starts to wear thin. This year's draft is different. Pick #13 could get us a Venables/Scrimshaw/Powell-Pepper so I'd prefer we keep it.

Also, I think we can get an additional 1st rounder next year by trading our 2018 1st.

Ideally, I want us to only go after Marchbank. I have zero interest in Pickett, Stewart, Kennedy and Corr. if we were smart, we would offer GWS our 2017 2nd for Marchbank.

That would leave us with #5 + #13 along with Marchbank this year and next year we'll have #3-5 (we'll certainly not finish higher with the loss of Touhy and Gibbs), #6-7 (by trading our 2018 1st) and #15/16.

That's six more highly talented kids to go along with the 5 we picked up last year as well as Cripps, Docherty, Plowman and Byrne.

That's 15 highly talented young players that will form the core group. Not to mention we'll be getting Ben Silvagni in the 2018 draft. We build around all of them, maybe bring in a FA like Fyfe and go after a couple of others and we'll be set. Depth can always be brought in later, first you want a strong core group of players. Establish the best 22 then build around them.

That's why this #5 for 5 trade really grinds my gears!

Yeah they did. They got rid of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins all in one off-season. 3 blokes who had 10 years to lead their club to success but failed so they were moved on.. sound familiar? I hear your concerns but of all the moves the club has made the past 2 years this one may turn out to be the ballsiest and the best.
Cooney was cooked, Higgins could never get on the park. Griffen they had a much better position than we do.

Harbrow, Ward, Lake and their captain Griffen all went out the door in trades/transfers.

May have been others but these 4 immediately come to mind.

Gibbs pushing it may be a blessing in disguise, though (albeit a good disguise).

Here's a guy who is part club stalwart, part whipping boy, who has never hit the heights we wanted and yet is still good enough to podium in B&Fs and so on. Where Marc Murphy is unanimously voted as leader of the group under two separate regimes, where was Gibbs? Kreuzer is always talked up as a respected warrior within the playing group, but Bryce Gibbs has NEVER been heart and soul Blue-blood leader-of-men guy. Can he play? Bloody oath he can. But he's permanently the "much-maligned" Bryce Gibbs, or the "B+ grade" Bryce Gibbs, or the "former #1 pick" Bryce Gibbs.

Is he taking us anywhere? Is HE leading us anywhere? Probably not, and therefore him being cashed in whilst he has value is THE catalyst for a rebuild bonfire. Out of the ashes could come an all-new Blues list ready to go somewhere together.

He's done well, he's played 200 games (bloody hell!), he's been durable, he's been good, he's occasionally been brilliant... but has he been loved? Has he been inspiring?

I love it. Everything not nailed down must go. Anarchy. Woo.
You sounds like an opposition fan. All that bit about not living up to the #1 pick is out of date. He's been a gun for the past couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back