Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of picks, picks, picks. We're beginning to sound like Melbourne.

I understand the value of draft picks, and it definitely has been good that we've focused on getting draft picks and moving on a lot of the leftovers from the failed Ratten era, but it's not guaranteed that being so extreme is going to work.

The way it is going, we're going to be leaving a young gun in Cripps leading the midfield, and once Simpson retires, where are the other mature aged players to provide leadership at this club? It is a genuine worry.

Next year is going to be completely unwatchable, and god help me if we **** up some of these draft picks.

2-4 older players to provide leadership is enough, look at the dogs, their leadership comes from Bont, Wallis and Dahlhaus yes also from Murph and Boyd but my point is its the young kids that need to step up and lead the way just us much as the veterans. Which is exactly what i believe is happening here at Carlton with Weiters, Doc and Cripps. Those 3 will make up our captain and VC no doubt.

We're heading in the right direction.

Wait 12 months for perhaps a 6 pick upgrade? I'd rather bank a second rounder and 12 months development this year if we're going that route.

GWS are desperate for future picks.

Let them wait 12 months and keep all ours this year

You sounds like an opposition fan. All that bit about not living up to the #1 pick is out of date. He's been a gun for the past couple of years

I'm not down on Gibbs, he's fine. But I don't think Gibbs leaving is going to tear the heart out of the club.

2-4 older players to provide leadership is enough, look at the dogs, their leadership comes from Bont, Wallis and Dahlhaus yes also from Murph and Boyd but my point is its the young kids that need to step up and lead the way just us much as the veterans. Which is exactly what i believe is happening here at Carlton with Weiters, Doc and Cripps. Those 3 will make up our captain and VC no doubt.

We're heading in the right direction.

Great post, let the likes of Murphy and Simpson nurture the young leaders. Then, rather than handing over the reigns, they are demanding them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs for 13 + McGovern/2017 1st (potentially including 24 if it comes to it - I'm having trouble deciding if it's reasonable for both).

Has shades of the Treloar/Dangerfield trades, to whom I believe Gibbs is mostly comparable. It sucks, but there are positives. For example, it provides an injection of youth and accelerates the Bolton/Silvagni/McKay rebuild.

What did McKay say?

The fact that SOS laughed at the the prospect of 13 and Lyons or 13 and Dear fills me with some hope re: Value. Crouch and McGovern have both been suggested as better options probably not by Radelaide.

Slurrey would get Elliot back, take the AFL to court to remove the salary cap and get AVCO back as a sponsor.

That has been his plan forever.

Well Elliott bled navy and the club as successful on his watch.
Taking the AFL to court was even quoted by "Collo after he got his pockets full" but made him feel better I bet. At least he admitted he was wrong, unlike you and some others......Worked for Essendon btw.
As for AVCO....we'll they did give us good money, so not sure your point!!

Tuohy/Gibbs.

Guthrie,Lang,Cockatoo,Caddy (no one else)

Crouch,McGovern,Lyons,Lever,Laird,Cameron(no one else)

Take any of the above.
The only one who those clubs would actually let go would be Lyons, Guthrie, Caddy and Lang the rest the clubs would never trade unless asked

The fact that SOS laughed at the the prospect of 13 and Lyons or 13 and Dear fills me with some hope re: Value. Crouch and McGovern have both been suggested as better options probably not by Radelaide.
I read that sos laughed on here but that poster was trolling an Adelaide supporter. Is there any actual evidence of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back