Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I realise he's an important player but seems odd that a club is making its main recruiting decision around another back pocket/flanker.

They have a few guys who are already capable of covering that position.

Well maybe they rate McGrath as the best option. They can afford to let go of 2 top 7 picks for #1. They don't have many weaknesses.

Not the type of player they're after. They want someone to replace Shaw when he retires.
Its an odd decison that they want a HB with their first pick, as they're pretty easy to find.

Rumour/Innuendo/Tidbits:

Earlier today was helping my mate at a family bereavement. The family is in the racing game and train for an ex-AFL player who is a minor AFL sponsor. As part of the training package, my mates brother, the head trainer, gets a full service package on GF day. Brekky at Etihad, followed by the GF in a sponsors box, then off on a pub crawl. He says he got home at 0500. Told his bride who is away, 0100. Anyway, early in the day they meet up with other minor sponsors along the way including CFC sponsors. My mates brother is a mad bagger and wannabe detective. He gave me the following, from what he describes as people 'in the know'.

- SOS in heavy negotiations with GWS but is playing hardball
- 5 is definitely on the table, late first in the mix to return, 2017 picks also.
- Up to a dozen players names being thrown around, including all the names we've already heard, including Tomlinson being still alive and a new name, Tom Downie. Steele unlikely, WHE in there, couple of lesser lights.

Also,
- 1st rounder from 2017 is possibly already gone for a player, not draftee. Not sure who, but there was a rumour of Peter Wright ?!?!
- heaps of interest in the 5 pick apparently. GWS probably snag it in their trade though as others don't have big enough trades to match and it's the main piece of multiplayer trade. Club looking to get more picks in first also.
- Tom Boyd had been inquired about mid-year. Was definitely on trade table before GF, now?!?!
- Lennon not rated highly.
- Fringe Bulldogs being looked at. Hrovat and Honeychurch I gather.
- Fringe Crows also. Would expect we'd be looking everywhere though.
- Mitchell wants it all - success and money - massive ego apparently - still possible as the Hawks are JOM focused, but not probable due to coin.
- lot of interest for Tuohy, wants to stay, very loyal, offers getting bigger by the day though. 70-30 gone.
- Kreuzer getting plenty of interest as usual, including both finalists.
- Gibbs getting plenty of interest as usual, including both SA teams. Is the hunted not the hunter. Go home rumour just that.

NB: 5:35. Just got a text from same bloke via owner - Blues heavy into Boyd.

Wow, when SOS says he's willing to be creative to get the necessary players in, he really meant it.

2017 1st Rounder = Peter Wright
2016 Pick 5 = Marchbank, Tomlinson, Downie, Pickett, Pick 15
2016 Pick 41 = Hrovat
Kreuzer = WBs Pick 18
Tuohy = Late 1st rounder

In: Wright, Tomlinson, Marchbank, Downie, Pickett, Hrovat, 15, 18, TBD 1st round pick
Out: 2017 1st rounder, Pick 5, Pick 41, Kreuzer, Tuohy.

Downie makes sense if Kreuzer is out.

Furthermore, we can package two late 1st rounders to move up the draft and we'd still be left with two 1st rounders for 2016, a better position than we are in right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an odd decison that they want a HB with their first pick, as they're pretty easy to find.
see what you did there..............

Huh, better than Curnow or pick #5 ay?

We dont yet have a pick #5 so that doesnt count, and to suggest they will come in and dominate is another discussion altogther.
Better than Curnow? Absolutely we'd bloody well hope so, if we are trading in players worse than him then it's fair to say we are hopeless.
Curnow is serviceable and does his job, but he is average, good at best. The fact he is in our top 4 mids tells us something.

Wow, when SOS says he's willing to be creative to get the necessary players in, he really meant it.

2017 1st Rounder = Peter Wright
2016 Pick 5 = Marchbank, Tomlinson, Downie, Pickett, Pick 15
2016 Pick 41 = Hrovat
Kreuzer = WBs Pick 18
Tuohy = Late 1st rounder

In: Wright, Tomlinson, Marchbank, Downie, Pickett, Hrovat, 15, 18, TBD 1st round pick
Out: 2017 1st rounder, Pick 5, Pick 41, Kreuzer, Tuohy.

Downie makes sense if Kreuzer is out.

Furthermore, we can package two late 1st rounders to move up the draft and we'd still be left with two 1st rounders for 2016, a better position than we are in right now.
Tomlinson manager said today he is definitely staying at gws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back