Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So effectively we're going to be paying him enough so that Brisbane get pick 2 in the draft as well?

All I hope is that SoS has come to an agreement with Brisbane that the player we're targeting is not the one they'll pick up with picks 1 & 2. If that's the case then fair enough and welcome Rocky.

From the outside looking in it really appears to be a case of draft manipulation, and would the Suns have to be in on it too incase they select " our player "?

On Lethlean, yes, we all make mistakes, but I don't see affairs as mistakes - they're calculated choices, and the deception is deliberate and systematic.

A single clumsy drunken slip-up might be one thing, continuing an affair and building the deception and lies around it is another entirely - particularly, as rumoured, Lethlean's wife was pregnant at the time of these shenanigans.

At best, this shows very poor judgment and discipline, and I'm not sure if these are the qualities of a person I want in a position of power at the club.

He's a risk taker. Ambitious and looking to take advantage of a given opportunity. Should be good for the club.

Yes would cost a mint. Offers nothing we wouldn't already have covered?! Yeah ok. Didn't know we had AA wings in our side.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
:rolleyes: oh yeah I forgot AA was the recruiting baseline... Yes he has elite endurance, run & carry, delivery... Also has elite support around him.
I think SPS will do OK though without the extra million per year Scully will cost.

Given Rayner is supposedly seen as a flight risk and wants to stay in Melbourne, I think GC will stay clear of him. Like the Lions, the last thing they need is more players leaving.
Based on recent history, Brisbane will target Vic Country players. Not sure what GC will do though.

TBF weren't we paying Daisy 750K for far less output and playing at a level far below what Rockliff can offer us? I have no issue at all with paying Rockliff 700K, 750K etc.
I guess we have to give the money to someone and we can go to 105% of the cap for the next 2 years.

Brisbane probably would've taken pick 18 this time last year when they put him on the trade table and have apparently offered him a "modest" contract. I just don't see why we need to pay him $900K that would be required to trigger band 1 compo. We can always use the money, sign up Charlie for longer and start front loading his pay.

Not only that, they are a potential rival and one extra high draft pick could make a huge difference. All the rumours suggest we are in a panic to improve the midfield for the sake of more wins and not necessarily a premiership. :(
Not at all, everything we do is based around trying to win a flag or what's the point? A draft pick at 2 or 18 is insignificant, you could end up with Fyfe or a Trengrove.. It's all about player development once they get into the system.

Not really if you told Brisbane you wanted cerra, Dow or rayner with 3 which is now 4. Gets to pick 3 and only one is left they skip them, gets to pick 3 & 2 are left they have their choice. Easy logic
Why would Sos tell Them anything? I doubt we'd have an agreement in place saying we'll pay enough for you to get band 1 but we don't want you to touch Rayner. They'll pick who they want and we cant stop them. It would be more easy for them to say, "we are going to pick LDU & Dow" then we would at least know who we want to prepare for. If Sos told them, they might steal who we want thinking Sos has done a good job in the past..

TBF weren't we paying Daisy 750K for far less output and playing at a level far below what Rockliff can offer us? I have no issue at all with paying Rockliff 700K, 750K etc.

I thought i read if he had triggered the clause in his contract for another year (which he gave up the option to do), it would of been for $375k, but i guess his contract was rather front-loaded?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes: oh yeah I forgot AA was the recruiting baseline... Yes he has elite endurance, run & carry, delivery... Also has elite support around him.
I think SPS will do OK though without the extra million per year Scully will cost.

Scully is only on about $500-$550k a year now...

SPS and Scully are very different types of players btw as well with different strengths.
We do not have anyone like a Scully in our team at the moment...he would be a good get (though unrealistic imo).

If we triggered Band 1 for Brisbane.. we could always trade pick #4 for pick #2 on the basis we wont take Brisbane's 2nd choice at #2. Swap 2018 3rd rounders in Brisbanes favour to get it past AFL's fairness rules.

Allows us to get past GC and not worry about them. Also get more media exposure with a 2nd pick.

Why would Sos tell Them anything? I doubt we'd have an agreement in place saying we'll pay enough for you to get band 1 but we don't want you to touch Rayner. They'll pick who they want and we cant stop them. It would be more easy for them to say, "we are going to pick LDU & Dow" then we would at least know who we want to prepare for. If Sos told them, they might steal who we want thinking Sos has done a good job in the past..

Picking selections I guarantee is discussed, can also say people would make arrangements

I'm not sure why people keep throwing Scully's name up. I'll give you three good reasons he ain't coming.

- he has established his life during and after football in Sydney.
- he took a massive 50% pay cut to re-sign so the club could also sign others, good foundation clubman. Won't be a salary dump as others who offer less to club are also available. Griffen is the prime, followed by Mumford.
- and the biggy, happy wife, happy life. He would never agree to it.

I'm not sure why people keep throwing Scully's name up. I'll give you three good reasons he ain't coming.

- he has established his life during and after football in Sydney.
- he took a massive 50% pay cut to re-sign so the club could also sign others, good foundation clubman. Won't be a salary dump as others who offer less to club are also available. Griffen is the prime, followed by Mumford.
- and the biggy, happy wife, happy life. He would never agree to it.

Because our best rumour source is on it

Hahaha you probably had a valid retort, up until you compared Scully to SPS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back