Bluemour Discussion Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an intriguing scenario isn't it. JackSoS pretty well went "under the radar" and based on his performances to date and the scope for further strong development, recruiters won't be caught napping again. Jack is tracking as solidly as any 2nd rounder from that draft, if not better, so with BenSos supposedly being a "better prospect", it may be a sound decision to use our 2018 first rounder now.
It would be a big call for someone to bid a top 10 pick on BSOS in what looks to be a strong draft.

It's an intriguing scenario isn't it. JackSoS pretty well went "under the radar" and based on his performances to date and the scope for further strong development, recruiters won't be caught napping again. Jack is tracking as solidly as any 2nd rounder from that draft, if not better, so with BenSos supposedly being a "better prospect", it may be a sound decision to use our 2018 first rounder now.
Agree that was what we were all talking about last year trade 2018 first for a mid. Silvagni could still grow more like cripps and English who grew like 7cm from 17-18

It would be a big call for someone to bid a top 10 pick on BSOS in what looks to be a strong draft.

That's a good point. There is so much to play out isn't there? Do we trade out our 2018 first rounder for a quality palyer this trade period and try and make the climb up the ladder from next season? Do we stay "on the course" and keep building through the draft?
Whatever happens, it will be an interesting trade period coming up me thinks.

Agree that was what we were all talking about last year trade 2018 first for a mid. Silvagni could still grow more like cripps and English who grew like 7cm from 17-18

So much to play out isn't there..

Yeah say what you will about Richmond...but despite being crap for 30 years i think they're top 3 for memberships with around 70,000...
They have 40k humans, and 32k pets

Not sure GWS will budge on it if they sniff a chance at getting Pick 1, and realistically, Pick 1 is fair value so it would be hard for us to justify not doing the deal if it comes to mediation.

Maybe next years first plus a swap of seconds is enough to tempt them though. Might depend on their academy prospects in 2018.
If we do have pick 1 and they want it tell them to throw in Hopper and they can have it.

Yes, but what it could buy is pick 1 to get Kelly with as GWS want Rayner I read somewhere..........but do not mention the "T" word too loudly as the neighbours might complain!!! We have not beaten the haws since 2005 apparently.......but who cares, it`s all about who we beat from next season onwards !!!

Agree with you totally, forget 2017, I'd give up our pick 1or 2 in a flash for someone of Kelly's caliber. It's about making the move this trade period now that we've clear the derby and if the cards fall right, we've made too many recruitment blunders in the past its not the time to procrastinate .
In Silvagni & Brodie we trust , I'm reenergized to know Judd will be Director of Footy soon, great admiration for his professiolison, due diligence and great ability as footballer.
Go Baggers

I'm the same but with Suns on the Gold Coast.

Unfortunately I wouldn't exactly say supporter base is growing...
Have to say their supporter base is growing rapidly in Canberra, with their multi aged academies and youth girls and women's academies. They also regularly visit schools and local footy clubs, so well done to them. But jeez some of their supporters are feral, usually the members in the Bradman stand.

Wasn't Carrots not overly quick, though? Kerridge, in addition to being able to run all day, is quite a bit faster, which should mitigate that issue somewhat; if he's getting the ball outside, he has longer to think/dispose of it.

Yep, good point - although Carrazzo was quick of mind, if not particularly fast over the ground.
This is one of the great furphies in regards to Carrots: he started as a small defender for us, and I can recall him curtailing Aaron Davey in his early days.

He lost a bit of that pace when he bulked up for a clearance role, but he was never slow. Like Ed and Kerridge, he ran himself into the ground, which meant he couldn't explode after the ball carrier at times.

Unfortunately people often remember these negative moments more and begin to form various delusional hypotheses from them.

EDIT: Davey, not Lovett.

Last edited:
Is is possible that Kelly is a smoke screen for another target?

In the chance we don't land him, who is option B?

Hopper won't be just sitting around waiting for us to contact him....

I'm all for landing Kelly but I only want to give up 1 pick. Trading out multiple picks for 1 player will hurt us

Tom lynch :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say their supporter base is growing rapidly in Canberra, with their multi aged academies and youth girls and women's academies. They also regularly visit schools and local footy clubs, so well done to them. But jeez some of their supporters are feral, usually the members in the Bradman stand.

Contrary to the Suns, they are hardly ever out at auskick events or youth girls events.

I have two young cousins playing football, a boy and a girl, the lad has never had a visit and has been playing perhaps 3/4 years. The lass has been playing her first season this year and had a visit, but the players were injured and not currently able to train, so it felt very much like "ere yar, av sum footballers" for the sake of it, as opposed to seriously getting involved in the community. The boy is playing for the Southport Sharks as well mind, the biggest club in the area by some distance and are a sponsor of the suns, so it's a poor effort they've not gone out to him.

So if GWS are putting in the effort they deserve the growing support. The Suns have given nothing and, unsurprisingly, are receiving nothing.

SOS did a very good job at GWS in getting in a lot of talent... but he is seriously showing his best work at Carlton where he doesn't have the plethora of low draft picks like he had at GWS. Williamson with pick 61 is inspired... who would have thought that someone taken so far back in the draft could come out and play like he has... and have the fire and brimstone in his belly that he does.

Even if we have to give up our first round pick, I still trust SOS to use our later picks to pick up guys like Williamson. He has a much better strike rate in 2 trade/draft periods than Icke, Hughes, and Rogers ever did.

Just imagining a bizarre situation where Dadoro bids on Ben before us to make us use our first rounder for him and SOS doesn't match it. Then as Woosha is presenting his jumper to him on stage, Ben requests a trade to the Blues ;)

That'
Contrary to the Suns, they are hardly ever out at auskick events or youth girls events.

I have two young cousins playing football, a boy and a girl, the lad has never had a visit and has been playing perhaps 3/4 years. The lass has been playing her first season this year and had a visit, but the players were injured and not currently able to train, so it felt very much like "ere yar, av sum footballers" for the sake of it, as opposed to seriously getting involved in the community. The boy is playing for the Southport Sharks as well mind, the biggest club in the area by some distance and are a sponsor of the suns, so it's a poor effort they've not gone out to him.

So if GWS are putting in the effort they deserve the growing support. The Suns have given nothing and, unsurprisingly, are receiving nothing.
Is a crying shame, as my daughter who is in the under 18s GWS academy, played the Qld girls earlier in the year at Coffs. And oh boy those Qld girls were fantastic. If some of them are drafted this year the rest of the AFLW teams better look out.

SOS did a very good job at GWS in getting in a lot of talent... but he is seriously showing his best work at Carlton where he doesn't have the plethora of low draft picks like he had at GWS. Williamson with pick 61 is inspired... who would have thought that someone taken so far back in the draft could come out and play like he has... and have the fire and brimstone in his belly that he does.

Even if we have to give up our first round pick, I still trust SOS to use our later picks to pick up guys like Williamson. He has a much better strike rate in 2 trade/draft periods than Icke, Hughes, and Rogers ever did.

Also has paul brodie with him as well

I reckon if one were an elite footballer, knowing Judd and Bolton were directing the show it would be a strong movitvation to move there. Our 17th is getting close
Go Baggers

At least vs north and saints, even saints fans are questioning whether Richardson is good enough to take them to finals and ultimately a premiership...most think he's too limited.

And there is uncertainty around north and their coach which potential incoming players would be put off by.

Then Brisbane and GC are up in Queensland.

This is one of the great furphies in regards to Carrots: he started as a small defender for us, and I can recall him curtailing Lovett in his early days.

He lost a bit of that pace when he bulked up for a clearance role, but he was never slow. Like Ed and Kerridge, he ran himself into the ground, which meant he couldn't explode after the ball carrier at times.

Unfortunately people often remember these negative moments more and begin to form various delusional hypotheses from them.
If you didn't notice, I posed what I said as a question. Instead of calling people delusional, perhaps you could attempt to answer it, hmm?

The question is why would the Bulldogs get rid of Redpath, when the only alternatives are Cloke who is an old bust and Boyd who has played 6 good games and is off battling his issues and no guarantee to be a good player.
Maybe the W.B. are going to grab a big forward named Levi................you never know, it might just be possible!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back