Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pure speculation and I'm a rookie in these parts but I'd like to put something out there:
Out: Murphy, to Lions.
In: Schache and picks? (or deal with Crows also involving Gibbs, Cameron, Lever, picks, who knows?)

Why?
- agro's post got to me the other day. If he's the same Agro on TC that guy is close to the CFC. That sort of post is not random, that's setting off a serious narrative I think. If so that's quite a dysjunction b/w player and club.
- Lions are screaming out for leaders there, they have Beams(?) as captain and they're considering a worn out Hodge to help out there
- I have been wondering what would a 'SOS monster' trade look like for us. Has to be more than just Gibbs. For a monster trade by definition we would have to be giving up something big.
- Murphy may have a sentimemtal bent toward the Lions through his dad
- end of next season he'll be 31, end of contract, won't be less busted up, players at that age think about how they can maximise their pay, his mate Gibbs likely won't be there, Simmo probably gone, and he knows he won't be around for our next tilt, as a leader at least.

I'm awful to play rummikub with, see too many threads and many don't come off, but thought I'd share that anyway - ya never know.
not for schace though

If i was king for a day, I'd try to hold on to Gibbs and instead trade Murphy..........there's a recent precedent that has been set too.
Hate to say this but look at Richmond and Deledio. If we got the right deal I'd be all for it

If i was king for a day, I'd try to hold on to Gibbs and instead trade Murphy..........there's a recent precedent that has been set too.
Hate to say this but look at Richmond and Deledio. If we got the right deal I'd be all for it

Hardly a precedent, Deledio wasn't their Captain, nor was he coming off one of his best seasons.

What would Liam Jones be worth on the trade table??
Maybe a second rounder at best. Had a good return to seniors but the last few games were not kind to him. He'd be getting picked up on potential at the moment.

He's never had an off-season to focus on defending and I feel like the coaching team will have a lot of homework for him to try and hone his craft. If he has a big year next year might be worth a first rounder which would be massive for us!

September 22: Today he appeared, illuminated in an angelic glow that seared into my restless skin. We were lucky. Today the rumours would be pure and plentiful.

I felt the familiar rush course through my body instantly. The euphoria overwhelming, rising through my arms, into my chest, and to the back of my throat. I could taste it. My body high with hope.

Ferris entertained us all and I even got a like from Thylacine. Today was a good day.

September 23: The fall today promised to be as merciless as was the euphoria we dare taste yesterday. He must've known it, as he gave us one last rumour to stave our imminent despair. He didn't need to. It was a nice touch.

September 25: His appearance was already a distant memory, and I found myself longing for the incessant words, the cry of an overdone yet familiar rebuild strategy from Malifice that I could hold onto, to keep some semblance of self.

Some called him Mal. I don't know why.

September 26: Today I stayed in bed. The darkness my only company, but a familar friend.

September 28: Thylacine taunts me with another like. There's something sadistic to his considered approach, I know it. I liked one of his posts today too. Now he must know that I know. He's made a mistake to come after me though. I've been around longer than he realises.

September 29: I dare not speak it aloud but the voice grows in my head. It calls me to FB to ease my suffering. It promises that it'll be only one visit, but I know one visit is all it will take. I know I have to ignore it. Yet it grows louder even now.

September 30: Richmond won the flag today. I know I must be delirious.

October 1: I feel every word from Ferris grate over me with the ferociousness of a thousand razors tearing at my flesh, and someone screams for him to stop.

There was a time he made me laugh, I think. I can't be sure of anything now.

That scream still haunts me. I think it was me.

October 2: The cravings were particularly ruthless this morning. My appearance dishevelled, my body marked in the seeping wounds of my aching existence. I yearned for something. Anything.

We spoke of Lucas and of Sloane being no compensation for Gibbs, if only to delay our madness. But it was then that I realised, we were already gone.

1. Kenny Hunter
2. David Teague
3. Peter Dean
????
SOS used to throw himself at the ball or player with little regard for his own safety.

Hickmott was similar, if less spectacular.

Not sure Robinson was aware enough to be considered this side of crazy.

Simpson probably lucky to have had so few serious injuries.

September 22: Today he appeared, illuminated in an angelic glow that seared into my restless skin. We were lucky. Today the rumours would be pure and plentiful.

I felt the familiar rush course through my body instantly. The euphoria overwhelming, rising through my arms, into my chest, and to the back of my throat. I could taste it. My body high with hope.

Ferris entertained us all and I even got a like from Thylacine. Today was a good day.

September 23: The fall today promised to be as merciless as was the euphoria we dare taste yesterday. He must've known it, as he gave us one last rumour to stave our imminent despair. He didn't need to. It was a nice touch.

September 25: His appearance was already a distant memory, and I found myself longing for the incessant words, the cry of an overdone yet familiar rebuild strategy from Malifice that I could hold onto, to keep some semblance of self.

September 26: Today I stayed in bed. The darkness my only company, but a familar friend.

September 28: Thylacine taunts me with another like. There's something sadistic to his considered approach, I know it. I liked one of his posts today too. Now he must know that I know. He's made a mistake to come after me though. I've been around longer than he realises.

September 29: I dare not speak it aloud but the voice grows in my head. It calls me to FB to ease my suffering. It promises that it'll be only one visit, but I know one visit is all it will take. I know I have to ignore it. Yet it grows louder even now.

October 1: I feel every word from Ferris grate over me with the ferociousness of a thousand razors tearing at my flesh, and someone screams for him to stop.

October 2: The cravings were particularly ruthless this morning. My appearance dishevelled, my body marked in the seeping wounds of my aching existence. I yearned for something. Anything.

We spoke of Lucas and of Sloane being no compensation for Gibbs, if only to delay our madness. But it was then that I realised, we were already gone.
Hunter S is a Blues fan...who knew?

Quoted for awesomeness, get some help.

Seriously, if FB is calling, get help.

The crazy thing is, he is not Adelaide’s captain! I don’t know how Tex is!! Adelaide needed their Captain on Saturday, and Tex was nowhere to be seen.
I realised that too late to change it...........their forward line was just too static and Pyke should have thrown the team around a bit. I really do not rate the tigers that much, but their game plan was carried out perfectly during the finals and to me that`s why they won the flag......not so much on talent, as I have 3 teams ahead of them as far as lists go, but a premiership is won out on the ground isn`t it.......heard Tex was carrying an injury but he was out there so should have stood up for his team........whereas Cotchin and Ellis both should have been watching from the stands, and I thought that stunk of AFL head office politics..........but what do I know, I am only a Carlton supporter......:rolleyes:

Post-seasonal affective disorder...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

576full-harry-and-the-hendersons-screenshot.jpg

He'd be great in the Ruck... though not a Henderson per-say.

A lumbering pre historic not so mobile ruckman named Harry...............rings a bell?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've heard secondhand (i.e. hearsay) that we are doing a deal with Adelaide for Lever in exchange for GIbbs - straight swap.

I don't know whether to believe it or not but it does have substance given our recent history of recruiting quality back men (e.g. weitering, marchbank, plowman).

I think SOS may have a thing for back men given he was one.

With lever on board, our backline would be pretty strong.

Plowman--------------Marchbank--------------Lever

Docherty---------------Weitering---------------Simpson

Hardly a precedent, Deledio wasn't their Captain, nor was he coming off one of his best seasons.

Also the pick they got is for this draft and they were paying most of his contract.

Not sure how it helped them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back