Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would say 4 and cuningham be enough for kelly. I just think we should be open to the option of moving on a youngster and cuningham is the only one not to re-sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're just laying odds that next year's pick will be around the 10 mark. Kelly is guaranteed elite. Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the draft and all that.

We do have to be careful with that though. He's elite when he's got players like Shiel, Ward, Scully, Coniglio, Whitfield and Hopper to support him.

He's going to find it a lot tougher with only Cripps, Ed and Murphy as support. The others are all still too young. We've had one of our best mids miss significant parts of the season for the past 3 years now. If one of them goes down again Kelly will be under enormous pressure.

So with that in mind I think our 2018 1st needs to be kept off the table so we can draft another gun mid with it next year. There's a lot of highly rated kpp for next year's draft so the best mids will still be available even at pick #10 which I highly doubt will be our pick anyway. More around pick #4 again imo.

Then Shiel becomes priority #1 come 2019 trade period.

Potentially pick 4 and pick 7-10 in a direct swap for Kelly is overs.
Would make it the most expensive trade in history in terms of draft picks since we traded for Judd...no thanks.

You're getting a little carried away if you'd be willing to part with that much for Kelly.

I keep saying this but Dangerfield & Beams were acquired for FAR less.

Even if you want to bring up Treloar, Collingwood gave up pick 7, their 2018 1st which they thought would be around pick 14 & then got a second rounder BACK from GWS. Yes Kelly is a better player but that is again paying way more than what Collingwood did.

He is OOC and if he nominates Carlton, no way do we give up pick 4 and 7-10.

Perhaps GWS gives us one of their picks in the 20s this year? Perhaps we can nab Hopper or Smith as a sweetener. Can't see them giving us next year's first.

Would say 4 and cuningham be enough for kelly. I just think we should be open to the option of moving on a youngster and cuningham is the only one not to re-sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like that. The last thing we should be doing apart from trading our very best young talent is trading away quality young mids.

I'd be happy to trade Gibbs to Crows for say #10, add that with #4 and then offer that up to GWS for Kelly and maybe their 2018 1st coming back.

Right, but pick #1 probably would have gotten it done.

With pick #4 GWS will porbably want another asset. Say the Casboult pick or Cuningham (not re-signed yet).

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly will cost more than pick 1.

We wouldn't try to screw over GWS with the PSD threat considering they are by far an away our number 1 trading partner.

He will cost 2 picks and I would much rather give up pick 4 and Cas compo than pick 1 and Cas compo.

If GWS do not accept our offer, he goes for free elsewhere. Try and sell losing 2 draft picks to your fans because we didn't give them what we don't have.

Kelly will cost more than pick 1.

We wouldn't try to screw over GWS with the PSD threat considering they are by far an away our number 1 trading partner.

He will cost 2 picks and I would much rather give up pick 4 and Cas compo than pick 1 and Cas compo.

If GWS do not accept our offer, he goes for free elsewhere. Try and sell losing 2 draft picks to your fans because we didn't give them what we don't have.
I completely agree with you there.

The more i think about it though, even 4+Cas pick might not satisfy them.

I would be concerned if we need to give up something else as well. Say 2 1sts or 4+cas+cuningham, then it starts to feel like the Judd trade....

I completely agree with you there.

The more i think about it though, even 4+Cas pick might not satisfy them.

I would be concerned if we need to give up something else as well. Say 2 1sts or 4+cas+cuningham, then it starts to feel like the Judd trade....
**** that. I'd say forgo Kelly and take our chances in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Casboult leaves. Stevens on Channel 7 this morning stated limited interest in Casboult, and more likely to stay.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, be interesting where it actually lies with the interest and $$'s. Happy for Cas to stay.

Pity we didn't get to see Charlie, McKay, Cas in combo a little more this year (though that squeezed Jack out). If Chas is to move into the midfield then Jack returns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially pick 4 and pick 7-10 in a direct swap for Kelly is overs.
Would make it the most expensive trade in history in terms of draft picks since we traded for Judd...no thanks.

You're getting a little carried away if you'd be willing to part with that much for Kelly.

I keep saying this but Dangerfield & Beams were acquired for FAR less.

Even if you want to bring up Treloar, Collingwood gave up pick 7, their 2018 1st which they thought would be around pick 14 & then got a second rounder BACK from GWS. Yes Kelly is a better player but that is again paying way more than what Collingwood did.

He is OOC and if he nominates Carlton, no way do we give up pick 4 and 7-10.

Agreed completely.
Picks in the top ten these days tend to land quality.

Pickett has entered the building

Last nights game shows why Pickett is rated very highly internally. Bolton couldn't hide his smile at the press conference.

We're just laying odds that next year's pick will be around the 10 mark. Kelly is guaranteed elite. Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the draft and all that.
Beware the Messiah complex. Depth is just as, if not more important than a single gun.

Griffen hates the Melbourne fishbowl environment apparently .
Probably happy to sit on the last year of his contract in relative obscurity and just disappear into the sunset ...
Tell him to move to inner Brunswick, Northcote or Clifton Hill. They'll have no idea who he is.

Can we not disrespect Tom Mitchell?

20 contested possessions, 11 clearances and 450 metres gained.
He's not going to hurt a team like Danger/Dusty/Kelly, but he's damn good at his position.

game high 11 clangers, 9 rebound scores which is 2 more than his positive score involvements (any chain of play resulting in a Hawthorn score in which he had a possession).

Third thread I'm going to mention this in: we don't know if Cuningham has an option on his starting contract, but if history is any indicator, he does.

2 experienced skills coaches will be at the club next year
Skills. Acquistion. Coaches.

!!!

*dances for several minutes*

Dangerfield was a FA
Kelly is much younger
GWS don't need our steak knives
That is literally the opposite of how contract valuations should work, especially considering that Kelly is not at Dangerfield's level, nor can he play all of the same roles.

AFL app has him down for 1 turnover from 44 disposals.

Seeing different results on multiple sites. FootyWire has him down for 3 clangers. Another site has him down for 8.

Strange. Let's leave it to CD to have their official match stats out on Monday. Weird. Sicily is down for 10 clangers on one site and he had 13 touches (7 kicks, 6 handballs).

Perhaps GWS gives us one of their picks in the 20s this year? Perhaps we can nab Hopper or Smith as a sweetener. Can't see them giving us next year's first.

Hopper is probably pushing it, but id happily ask for Perryman, is having a great year in the NEAFL and is probably just behind Setterfield in the pecking order. 2017/18 1sts for Kelly Perryman and possibly a salary dump.

IF Cas leaves we take his pick to the draft and throw a 4th at Freo for Balic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back