Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but your character is defined by how you deal with whats thrown at you, not by being an ass because something has happened to you.

He was with her for ten years? and they had young kids.
That level of commitment shows that he was more stable than what he is getting credit for.
As for assumptions about him having an ego, all elite sportspeople have one. It is a by-product of the self belief in the skills that have brought them success.
Move on from the pot shots and give the bloke a break.
His best footy is great to watch.

We're showing interest in Lang from the Cats Devon Smith will be medically checked knee issues are a concern Gibbs will stay unless offer from Crows will benefit us and still looking out for couple of more assistant coaches
Like Lang. Plays half forward at the Cats but was recruited as a midfielder. Good turn of speed and kicks it neatly.

I'd look to trade Boek and bring Lang in for his spot. Boek to Freo for pick 40, then we do Geelong a solid to help their Ablett cause by giving our 2018 2nd and the newly acquired 40 for Lang and their 34ish.

Lose: Boekhorst, 2018 2nd (pick 25ish)
Gain: Lang, Pick 34ish

Cats lose: Lang, 34
Gain: 2018 pick 25ish, 40

Values Lang around pick 30

One bloke pulling the pin on such a massive deal with so many complex ramifications?
Have also heard that he has the final yes or no on lots of things at the Crows.........the Godfather of Westlakes. I remember him saying after the deal folded that the Crows thought SOS was bluffing......?

Best finals outcome for us is GWS get spanked again, and I mean SPANKED, and Crows lose GF by a smidgen, basically the difference Gibbs would make.

Then we have Adel and Kelly both licking our boots.
Not if that means bitchmond winning it thanks very much...........their fans are already too tropo...!!!

That would only happen if Kelly nominates Carlton though, obviously.
Our only other way for us to bring in another 1st rounder (or two) atm is to trade Gibbs.
Let's hope that Kelly nominates us early on so that we can get that deal done with the Saints.
In a perfect world we could do that deal and keep Gibbs as well.
Even so, it's hard to imagine any deals for Kennedy, Smith, Lang or whoever without getting picks for Gibbs.
I think he's gone.
With a bit of luck * played themselves out of the equation today against the Swans :)
When you think about it IF we were to trade 3 for 7 and 8 and then trade Gibbs to crows for the lever pick which might be 10 from dees.That would give us 7,8 and 10.Take it further and if Sos says gives us your first as well we might end up with7,8,10 and 18.I think we'd take that all day.

When you think about it IF we were to trade 3 for 7 and 8 and then trade Gibbs to crows for the lever pick which might be 10 from dees.That would give us 7,8 and 10.Take it further and if Sos says gives us your first as well we might end up with7,8,10 and 18.I think we'd take that all day.
If both those scenarios played out in full, it sounds OK in theory, but who slides to the bottom half of the top 10?

D.Fogarty? Maybe.
Cerra? Maybe.

Aside from those guys, LDU, Dow, Rayner and Brander make up the top 5 calculations. That's 6 names before a drop, and we'll have pick 7, and that's a problem.

If we're going to drop down a bracket, we're better off positioning ourselves in the 13-20 range multiple times, and once we've done that trade with the Saints, I'm not sure that's possible.

If both those scenarios played out in full, it sounds OK in theory, but who slides to the bottom half of the top 10?
D.Fogarty? Maybe.
Cerra? Maybe.
Aside from those guys, LDU, Dow, Rayner and Brander make up the top 5 calculations. That's 6 names before a drop, and we'll have pick 7, and that's a problem.

If we're going to drop down a bracket, we're better off positioning ourselves in the 13-20 range multiple times, and once we've done that trade with the Saints, I'm not sure that's possible.

Don't get sucked into thinking that the names everyone is talking about today, will be the only names worthy of top 10 selection in November.
Lots can change yet, over the course of the next ten weeks. It always does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get sucked into thinking that the names everyone is talking about today, will be the only names worthy of top 10 selection in November.
Lots can change yet, over the course of the next ten weeks. It always does.
Absolutely, but from what I've seen, there is a gap in quality (and injury risk) after those names. Brander is only in there by the skin of his teeth at the moment.

If I had the first five picks in the draft, I'd take LDU, Dow, Cerra, D.Fogarty and Rayner without hesitation.

Absolutely, but from what I've seen, there is a gap in quality (and injury risk) after those names. Brander is only in there by the skin of his teeth at the moment.

If I had the first five picks in the draft, I'd take LDU, Dow, Cerra, D.Fogarty and Rayner without hesitation.

What about Higgins? Coffield? Stephenson?

Wouldn't surprise, should at least one and possibly two 'outliers' to find their way into the top five.
Taranto did last year. Oliver the year before. Pickett & DeGoey the year before that etc.

Maybe it won't happen this year, but I think it will. :)

D.Fogarty? Maybe.
Cerra? Maybe.

Richmond have 2 top 17 picks. Their own and geelongs I think (given for touhy to us, to gws for marchbank, to Richmond for Deledio).

If both teams go deep in finals, would we try:
3 for 7 & 8
8 for 15 & 16
Effectively turn 3 into 7, 15 & 16
From a points perspective they'll be unbalanced, so may need other swaps to make work.

Richmond have 2 top 17 picks. Their own and geelongs I think (given for touhy to us, to gws for marchbank, to Richmond for Deledio).
3 for 7 & 8
8 for 15 & 16
From a points perspective they'll be unbalanced, so may need other swaps to make work.

Normally I'd be against such downgrading of picks, but if we were to head down this path, I'd be somewhat pleased.
It would suggest that we have some players earmarked that others haven't got a handle of yet and that we're likely going to take 2 or even 3 quality players and not just the one. Risk attached but if you know what you're doing.........do it.

He was probably their best player last night.

Didn't rate him at all for his first few years but he's turned into a very good player lately.
An absolute running machine. I just don't see why GWS would even entertain trading him under any circumstances

Normally I'd be against such downgrading of picks, but if we were to head down this path, I'd be somewhat pleased.
It would suggest that we have some players earmarked that others haven't got a handle of yet and that we're likely going to take 2 or even 3 quality players and not just the one. Risk attached but if you know what you're doing.........do it.

I was also going to make the same point. If SOS is considering turning Pick 3 into Pick 7 and 8 it will be because he has players he wants to target at those picks already and knows he can get value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.Fogarty? Maybe.
Cerra? Maybe.

Higgins.

The opportunities are there if we are bold enough.I just hope that we get better input from the guys we trade in from GWS this time around.
Plowman and Lamb are looking like the only long termers from the first deal.
If we could package up the guys that have been suggested this year AND still get Jones in the draft, then I would be over the moon!

There is no gap in quality to a player like Higgins, who will be available then. Just a gap in height. He'd be a great pick up at 8 or 10.

Hoping Sydney will monster crows midfield in prelim (very real possibility with sloane underdone and swans absolutely flying) and they fall just short, thus panicking and bowing to SOS' demands for Gibbs. 10 and 18 would be fairly adequate compensation for gibbs (although I would still prefer to keep him). Crows beat swans and go onto win flag and we get squat for Gibbs.

I was also going to make the same point. If SOS is considering turning Pick 3 into Pick 7 and 8 it will be because he has players he wants to target at those picks already and knows he can get value.

Maybe it's also a plan B. There is a possibility that if Kelly leaves, he is swaying to the Saints.
Saints need Pick 3 to do the deal..SOS then needs 7&8 to hit draft with one and use the other for a deal.

3 for 7 & 8
8 for 15 & 16
And I believe Richmond may be open to this as they have f/s in Patrick Naish to get. Upgrade one first rounder and only need a second rounder to get naish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back