Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pure speculation and I'm a rookie in these parts but I'd like to put something out there:
Out: Murphy, to Lions.
In: Schache and picks? (or deal with Crows also involving Gibbs, Cameron, Lever, picks, who knows?)

Why?
- agro's post got to me the other day. If he's the same Agro on TC that guy is close to the CFC. That sort of post is not random, that's setting off a serious narrative I think. If so that's quite a dysjunction b/w player and club.
- Lions are screaming out for leaders there, they have Beams(?) as captain and they're considering a worn out Hodge to help out there
- I have been wondering what would a 'SOS monster' trade look like for us. Has to be more than just Gibbs. For a monster trade by definition we would have to be giving up something big.
- Murphy may have a sentimemtal bent toward the Lions through his dad
- end of next season he'll be 31, end of contract, won't be less busted up, players at that age think about how they can maximise their pay, his mate Gibbs likely won't be there, Simmo probably gone, and he knows he won't be around for our next tilt, as a leader at least.

I'm awful to play rummikub with, see too many threads and many don't come off, but thought I'd share that anyway - ya never know.

Good news re. Teague.
Heard very good things about his coaching in the lead up to the GF.
Successfully took the best forward line in the comp and rendered them ineffective within a week, just to drive up Gibbs' value for his new club. Was even told we're probably not even going to trade him. #BoundByBlue

Sounds like we're building a highly competent backroom staff.

Really feels like we're on the right track.

Robert Burke
Burke and Wills Expedition
1860 - 1861

He went when it was his turn. Reckon he sometimes went when it wasn't.
sometimes could hardly watch him running the wrong way into packs - belied his boyish good looks - he was top 3 for guts of the blues I've seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sometimes could hardly watch him running the wrong way into packs - belied his boyish good looks - he was top 3 for guts of the blues I've seen
Can confirm

Still don't understand what we are giving up to get Smith and Kennedy. Pick 3 feels like overs. I wonder if Macreadie is in the deal.
Patience, all will be revealed. It is. Hope not.

This is pure speculation and I'm a rookie in these parts but I'd like to put something out there:
Out: Murphy, to Lions.
In: Schache and picks? (or deal with Crows also involving Gibbs, Cameron, Lever, picks, who knows?)

Why?
- agro's post got to me the other day. If he's the same Agro on TC that guy is close to the CFC. That sort of post is not random, that's setting off a serious narrative I think. If so that's quite a dysjunction b/w player and club.
- Lions are screaming out for leaders there, they have Beams(?) as captain and they're considering a worn out Hodge to help out there
- I have been wondering what would a 'SOS monster' trade look like for us. Has to be more than just Gibbs. For a monster trade by definition we would have to be giving up something big.
- Murphy may have a sentimemtal bent toward the Lions through his dad
- end of next season he'll be 31, end of contract, won't be less busted up, players at that age think about how they can maximise their pay, his mate Gibbs likely won't be there, Simmo probably gone, and he knows he won't be around for our next tilt, as a leader at least.

I'm awful to play rummikub with, see too many threads and many don't come off, but thought I'd share that anyway - ya never know.

Murphy to leave Carlton. You're so dumb. You should get out of this board.

Still don't understand what we are giving up to get Smith and Kennedy. Pick 3 feels like overs. I wonder if Macreadie is in the deal.
the kid stays in the picture

I'm with you. Reminded me of Clarko's rushed behind tactics in one of their GF's actually. The over-reactionary rules committee will tweak things and there will be a roll on effect and on it goes. I like the earlier posters suggestion that one ruckman from each team must go for the ruck and if another player (ie 3rd man up) goes for it free kick. Coaches are getting "cleverer" but the rules committee are not!

Yep, that was me, it's not that hard , hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back