Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docherty in the middle does make sense. I think he said he wants to play there as well.

I disagree

He's the best back flank in the comp

I don't think he's that good in the midfield, and even with more development there won't be elite.

He needs to remain the general behind the play.

I disagree

I don't think he's that good in the midfield, and even with more development there won't be elite.

Spot on......

Cripps, Rocky, Kennedy, Smith etc dishing off to Docher's, running off Half Back..

Cant wait to see that.

If Rockliff does choose us and gibbs does want to stay how do we get Kennedy Smith and Saad we may be forced to bring pick 3 into calculations

I disagree

I'd want to see him play at least a full game in midfield before saying he couldn't be elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope I'm proven wrong but not confident that Rocky is going to pick us. He'd be such a handy offsider for Cripps, and even possibly extends Cripps' career by a couple of years by taking some of the load (and we'd get 20 goals out of Cripps resting in the goal-square).

The Kernahan/Judd manoeuvre seems like a last ditch effort for mine - and the words McKay chose yesterday make me think we're not that confident on getting him.

It's a really interesting fit for Rocky with us - I reckon Lions leadership have targeted our introverted leader/s pretty savagely every game we've played against them the last few years (which has worked the majority of the time).

While I think it was Hanley that publicly denigrated the 'go home five' - can't help but wonder what the Rocky/Doc relationship would be like too.

I think wce are seeking to sell high with gaff, was the best wingmen in the comp last season, but he had Priddis and Mitchell doing the inside work, without those two getting the hard ball he could find himself exposed. Not to mention he's a free agent next year.

Hope I'm proven wrong but not confident that Rocky is going to pick us. He'd be such a handy offsider for Cripps, and even possibly extends Cripps' career by a couple of years by taking some of the load (and we'd get 20 goals out of Cripps resting in the goal-square).

The Kernahan/Judd manoeuvre seems like a last ditch effort for mine - and the words McKay chose yesterday make me think we're not that confident on getting him.

It's a really interesting fit for Rocky with us - I reckon Lions leadership have targeted our introverted leader/s pretty savagely every game we've played against them the last few years (which has worked the majority of the time).

While I think it was Hanley that publicly denigrated the 'go home five' - can't help but wonder what the Rocky/Doc relationship would be like too.
It seems that Judd and Kernahan were there on our initial meeting with him, so doesn't seem last ditch, was probably planned all along

It seems that Judd and Kernahan were there on our initial meeting with him, so doesn't seem last ditch, was probably planned all along

Didn't he meet with Silvagni and have a medical last week? .... then he went over to Port (rumour was that he was staying at Boak's place) .... then after that we got Judd/Kernahan in front of him this week?

I think wce are seeking to sell high with gaff, was the best wingmen in the comp last season, but he had Priddis and Mitchell doing the inside work, without those two getting the hard ball he could find himself exposed. Not to mention he's a free agent next year.

Gaff is a gun...every team has inside players to do the grunt work.
Mitchell was only there this year.

West Coast look like they'll be in for quite a few lean years if they lose Gaff...their midfield is already shallow.
Their kids haven't quite come on as hoped like Duggan and Sheed. They're ok but not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back