Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely she has finished her VCE by now?

Had heard she was in year 12 at my old sec. college from a former teacher at the school. I took that as meaning this year.

So, apart from a frenzied (?) hour yesterday we have no further trades?

Someone said they expected a deal for Gibbs to be finalised over the weekend. Have to say I'm a bit sceptical about that, these guys can't deal from monday to friday can't see them giving up a weekend.

Someone said they expected a deal for Gibbs to be finalised over the weekend. Have to say I'm a bit sceptical about that, these guys can't deal from monday to friday can't see them giving up a weekend.

No I heard the other day clubs set deadlines so they can attend to other deals

So it is possible any deal gets done before the final deadline

Cut the trade period to 4 or 5 days and watch the differemce, 2 weeks is a farce. All of them overpaid, what waste of vauable resources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, back to the bluemours.
Just posted this in the Kennedy thread on the D&T board. I'm increasingly thinking that #39 gets it done (which was my original thought before being persuaded into using a 2nd by you lot)...

Kennedy might have been taken at #13 in his draft year, but it was a bid match and only cost GWS #34 and #40 (equivalent of 18/19 on points). He's fringe 22 and probably gets pushed back further next year with injured players coming back and a fresh batch of young guns ready to come in.

I wouldn't completely rule out using a 2nd on him, and GWS have every right to hold out for one, but #39 should get it done.

Rumour floating around that SOS has offered our pick in the 50's (not sure of exact pick) and GWS have countered with 'interest' from Lions to kill the PSD factor. Unless a Gibbs deal gets done, that leaves this year's #39 or next year's 2nd as our only options.
If GWS are happy to do a deal for a 2nd rounder, they are saying that he's effectively lost half his value from his original #13 draft position. We're saying that he's lost half his value from what GWS actually paid for him, which puts him around #37.

Being fringe 22 of a GWS midfield at the age of 20. 2 years in the system ready to roll. I think pick 39 would be a bargain.

Speaking of fringe, how good would it be to still have a bit of a fringe:)

Apparently we want more than just pick 10... I'd take it and run
You'd be a terrible poker player!
They have an abundance of quality picks now, and will see their list as 30 seconds to midnight on the premiership clock. 2 firsts is totally worth it for them if they perceive that to be worth a flag, which they should.
Compounded by the fact Sloane may leave...

There seems to be either utter excitement or utter disinterest/concern in him..

Hi all long time lurker, very occasional poster.

Could this be a function of SOS preference to keep his kids under wraps and play down the hype/expectation through the u18s i.e. keep them playing school footy and then just wheel them out for state carnivals?

I seem to remember Jack playing very little if any TAC Cup u18 footy?

Shrewd operator is our SOS, on many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back