Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the Gibbs trade we would have lost our second rounder next year to get Kennedy in. We probably could have gotten Lang for a 4th rounder plus a 5th rounder this year (more or less what we paid in any event).

As it is we pushed ours second back a few spots by switching with Adelaide (Adelaide should finish 8-12 spots ahead of us) and also got in an extra second rounder (Doggies who should finish around 8th).

Presuming ladder positions of (us) 13th, (Dogs) 8th, (Geelong) 3rd, (Adelaide) 2nd, and the loss of our third next year, our first four picks went from a likely:

(Likely haul next year without this years trades): Picks 6, [24 traded for Kennedy], 42, 60, 78; to
(Likely haul this year with trades): Picks 6, 29, 35, 70.

Bear in mind the Crows will be very keen to trade down in the draft next year to try and snag Rankine, so a trade of 6 + 29 for their 2 x 1sts (theirs and Melbournes or 12 and 17) could be in order, plus we can trade out our 2019 1st + change for an extra late 1st.

We'll have to get a bit creative next year, but having a 1st and 2 x 2nds gives us a lot more wriggle room than a single first rounder does.

Im being pretty generous there as well. I have a feeling losing Gibbs might cause us to stagnate a bit and we might finish around 16th again. Were better than GCS and North, but it gets a bit iffy after that with our very young side next year.
Let's just hope the crows fall off a bigger cliff than freo did and who knows what the dogs will do the club from the outside looks like a rabble at the moment, Stringer, Murphy and m Boyd gone, Cloke Boyd and schache MIA, libba, JJ and picken all going down hill. Glass half full

Let's just hope the crows fall off a bigger cliff than freo did and who knows what the dogs will do the club from the outside looks like a rabble at the moment, Stringer, Murphy and m Boyd gone, Cloke Boyd and schache MIA, libba, JJ and picken all going down hill. Glass half full

The Crows did just gain Gibbs, but also just lost Lever and Cameron (who were important players for them). There seems a bit of discontent there as well. Sloanes F/A situation will no doubt create issues.

Dogs in a similar boat, but cant see them dropping lower next year.

See how it transpires.

Pick 73 is worth 9 points, the last pick that has points value.

So any bid that comes before, even with the discount of 20% (I think that's what it is), would require us to go into deficit in next year's draft, which we don't want. So better hope there's no bid, and we can get him with 73 or a rookie pic if SOS thinks he's worth having on the list.

Nope, any bid after ~54 is free to match.

After the first round or so, discount goes from 15% to fixed 197 points.

Means the later the bid, the bigger the discount (in terms of picks).

Pretty sure Liam will be free-ish if we want him. :thumbsu:

The Crows did just gain Gibbs, but also just lost Lever and Cameron (who were important players for them). There seems a bit of discontent there as well. Sloanes F/A situation will no doubt create issues.

Dogs in a similar boat, but cant see them dropping lower next year.

See how it transpires.
Crows also lost smith to a ACL, I'm expecting to see Gibbs play across half back next year

In fairness, how many 'easy as' forward entries did Geelong and the Swans have in those games. The defensive pressure we applies when the opposition transitioned from our forward line made the French resistance look good.

Damn cheese-eating surrender monkeys....

Either Jones learnt from it or he will end up back at Northern by the end of next year. His finish to the season wasn’t strong, which is why so many still have queries as to whether it was a Kozi patch only.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

His finish to the season was fine it was just the WC and Sydney games where Kennedy & Buddy got a hold of him.

He did quite well against Danniher and Roughead late in the season.

Either Jones learnt from it or he will end up back at Northern by the end of next year. His finish to the season wasn’t strong, which is why so manystill have queries as to whether it was a Kozi patch only.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
That you Paul Roos.

You mean his game v Sydney only surely.

Was epic against the Hawks and Bombers in the three weeks prior. Kennedy kicked 6 but a close scrutiny shows the structure didn't work.

In a month's time I think it's going to look like this:
#3 Dow-mid
#10 D. Fogarty-fwd/mid
#30 Petruccelle-mid
#73 De Koning-Ruck/fwd

Best available + works for our needs just hoping De Koning slides #73 probably a bit of stretch but who knows.

In a month's time I think it's going to look like this:
#3 Dow-mid
#10 D. Fogarty-fwd/mid
#30 Petruccelle-mid
#73 De Koning-Ruck/fwd

Best available + works for our needs just hoping De Koning slides #73 probably a bit of stretch but who knows.

Sam Hayes may slide to #30, that is my hope.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-19/left-in-limbo-the-big-names-who-werent-traded
Not too many uncontracted players left... if Ben Howlett or Jackson Merrett are delisted, would we consider either one as DFA (would add experience to the midfield, especially the former)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunji McLeod is one of those players about whom I'll say to my grandkids I was lucky to be alive whilst he was running around.
silk. the end.

Ha !!

I see what you did there !!!

: )

Here's a list of the father sons for this year .

2017 eligible:
Devlin Brereton (son of Dermott) Hawthorn
Josh Broderick (Paul) Richmond
Tyler Brown (Gavin) Collingwood
Jackson Edwards (Tyson) Adelaide
Lachlan Harris (Leon) Brisbane
Liam Hickmott (Adrian) Carlton
Connor McLeod (Andrew) Adelaide
Patrick Naish (Chris) Richmond
Connor McLeod of the Clan McLeod?

Nope, any bid after ~54 is free to match.

After the first round or so, discount goes from 15% to fixed 197 points.

Means the later the bid, the bigger the discount (in terms of picks).

Pretty sure Liam will be free-ish if we want him. :thumbsu:

Cool, didn't know that, thanks. Yep, looks like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back