Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Hayes may slide to #30, that is my hope.

I wouldn't use a pick - any pick - on a prospective long-term ruck project, perhaps possibly ever again.

With the way the AFL are seemingly determined to make the ruck contest anything but a contest, I see traditional ruckmen going the way of the dodo. Let's trade for them, for now, until such time as Shaun Grigg-likes are the ruckmen du jour, before things possibly swing back the other way due to some incomprehensible rule change... by which time Hayes may be available for a trade of pick 95.

I wouldn't use a pick - any pick - on a prospective long-term ruck project, perhaps possibly ever again.

With the way the AFL are seemingly determined to make the ruck contest anything but a contest, I see traditional ruckmen going the way of the dodo. Let's trade for them, for now, until such time as Shaun Grigg-likes are the ruckmen du jour, before things possibly swing back the other way due to some incomprehensible rule change... by which time Hayes may be available for a trade of pick 95.
Plus players like FreosvDarcy are always available late. Mumford was a rookie pick, sure there are plenty more very good rucks from late in the draft or rookie draft. Too busy to check though.

Sam Hayes may slide to #30, that is my hope.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-19/left-in-limbo-the-big-names-who-werent-traded
Not too many uncontracted players left... if Ben Howlett or Jackson Merrett are delisted, would we consider either one as DFA (would add experience to the midfield, especially the former)
Suban could be an option as experience in the middle when needed. Wonder if O'Rourke is worth a punt too. If they become DFAs they could be a free hit.

SOS has shown an affinity for targetting guys he drafted early (connected to plowman, marchbank, Pickett, Whitfield etc).

Only traded O'Rourke to hawks when he requested a trade. Orourke has had a terrible run with injury, and maybe we feel he's worth a punt more than pick 73 in a shallow draft or Nick Graham?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back