Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts locked into a long term contract rumour is true if just what the club needs .A biit of stability.

I don't follow these things like zeeCFC, but pretty sure TheRedPill is one of the more reliable rumour mongers.

On a side note, after watching us play on the weekend I think I want to take the TheBluePill and 'wake up' thinking that Carlton is on top of the ladder. (yes that's the blue pill from the matrix, not the other one....)

Last edited:
#carltonneedsmoremongrel

been saying this for years now - no substitute for size and mongrel - none.

Except skill.....

..... And size and mongrel.

Basically more Cripps(es) please.

I don't follow these things like zeeCFC, but pretty sure TheRedPill is one of the more reliable rumour mongers.

On a side note, after watching us play on the weekend I think I want to the TheBluePill and 'wake up' thinking that Carlton is on top of the ladder. (yes that's the blue pill from the matrix, not the other one....)

With our form thus far there might be more than one or two of us that need that other one.:praying:

As at round eight the AFL's leading goalkicker's are:

Ben Brown North Melbourne (10th)
Luke Bruest Hawthorn (5th)
Jack Darling West Coast (2nd)
Jesse hogan Melbourne (6th)
Jack Riewoldt Richmond (1st)
Jeremy Cameron GWS (9th)
Lance Franklin Sydney (7th)
Taylor Walker Adelaide (4th)

Is anyone noticing a trend? Barring 3rd placed Geelong and 8th placed Port Adelaide all of the top 10 teams have one player each in the top of the Coleman medal count. All of them barring Luke Bruest from Hawthorn are big KPP marking forwards.

Key forwards are a vital piece of the puzzle. Don't let this current small forward craze fool you. You can have both forward pressure and a key marking forward.
Trend ? Yes all top half of ladder sides .
Before too long Charlie will be ours followed by Harry .
So again no need for a key forward .
Add up the goals we have from genuine medium/small forwards do we have a genuine medium forward ( Lamb ,Jack ? )in our team .
Small forward Wright 5 in the first round then what ? and you will see a bigger problem there .
Neither issues will be resolved until the midfield is strong .
You know like the top sides in the 8 with their strong midfields and better overall team giving their tall forwards a better chance to kick goals consistently .

It’s gonna be hard to attract players seasons end :(

Disagree there mate. Money talks, and even the proudest player could see there’s talent in the ranks. Just got to turn over the stanks.

Otherwise everyone will just want to join the Tigers. But yet people want to join Geelong or Essendon for god knows what reason if it’s about success.

One thing is true and that’s nobody wants to join North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree there mate. Money talks, and even the proudest player could see there’s talent in the ranks. Just got to turn over the stanks.

Otherwise everyone will just want to join the Tigers. But yet people want to join Geelong or Essendon for god knows what reason if it’s about success.

One thing is true and that’s nobody wants to join North Melbourne.

Geelong is always in the mix for finals, so players wanting to join the club for want of success is fair enough. As for the dons, they had an inflated perception of their list and people were buying into the hype.

Money to an extent plays a big part, but unless you've tasted success like Gaz and you're willing to forego finals footy for more in the hip pocket, many players, particularly from cellar dwellers, will chase success.

Fast forward to 2020 when we are hopefully knocking on the door for finals footy, or on the cusp of it, then we are a good chance to secure a good player

Fast forward to 2020 when we are hopefully knocking on the door for finals footy, or on the cusp of it, then we are a good chance to secure a good player

True but I reckon some players will be able to see ahead of the curve and jump on board this year and next. We shall see!

I hope so. We need some quality 24-27 year olds

Out of the UFA list there’s only one that I would really consider is Conca but you’d thing he’d go to the Eagles. Young Libba is interesting but gee he brings some baggage you might not want. The Adelaide UFAs are all outside that age bracket.
Of the RFAs it’s obvious Sloane would be enticing but again he is on the outer of the age bracket but you’d think has 4-5 years in him still. I don’t think we need to throw the bank at Lynch I’m a real wrap for McKay I reckon he could be absolutely massive in 2 more years.

I give two reasons why players should join carlton, crippa and charlie curnow

And beyond
Fisher, Dow, Davies, Weitering (yes I’m still a believer), SPS, Williamson, McKay... lots of upside to come and join the ranks. Hopefully Kennedy adds to that and we still have guys like Marchbank and Pickett who have the ability to be quality.

Just think, being able to deliver lace out to a charging McKay out of the forward line or if he’s covered, Charlie Curnow... it’s going to get exciting.

I’m just sick of sos picking a few of these gws rejects that other clubs didn’t want. Either get quality in the trade or draft and that’s it no more hacks

I’m just sick of sos picking a few of these gws rejects that other clubs didn’t want. Either get quality in the trade or draft and that’s it no more hacks

Quality analysis....

https://www.zerohanger.com/just-in-marchbank-nominates-preferred-club-7418/

"The Blues beat Collingwood, Essendon and St Kilda in the race for Marchbank, with a trade now needing to be facilitated between the two clubs"

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-03/young-giants-mid-matthew-kennedy-requests-trade-to-carlton

"Other Victorian clubs including Essendon and Hawthorn also pursued Kennedy, but the 188cm midfielder sees a bright future for himself at Ikon Park."

http://aflnation.com.au/2017/10/17/brisbane-may-make-a-play-for-matthew-kennedy/

"Brisbane has confirmed their interest in GWS midfielder Matt Kennedy, believing him to be a perfect fit for their club."

Yep spot enough of the spuds, our recruiting oh these type of rejected players seems senseless. Obviously there are traits we can't appreciate. Let's hope from this trade period onwards we target some better quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back