Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not very McFunny.
Would you like fries with that Mcwine?

Sidenote: Maccas would be much better if they offered beer/wine with their meals. Would give whole new, refreshed meaning to their Happy Meals*

*I do not condone or encourage the consumption of alcoholic beverages by children or people under the age of 16 years old.

Can anybody here confidently say that, they were aware we were a basket case whilst we were drafting Murph, Gibbs, Kruz, Judd, Yarran, Henderson and climbing the ladder?

How much of 'this rebuild feels different' is just optimism and wishful thinking? We won't know if this direction is the right one for another 5 years.

I thought we were soft, shallow and individualistic at the time. By contrast, the really exciting thing about the new crop is their heart and unity.

From a mate who's part of a Pies coterie group: Lethlean was the preferred candidate at Carlton for the CEO role but talks broke down on the package. Pies have agreed to pay what he sought, yet to be announced.

So we couldn't afford Best Available? :)
Trigg didn't make us enough money to afford his replacement. Cheeky bastard.

Who gives a toss .
The new bloke has got his chance .
Sometimes all people need is an opportunity .
Where was Simpson drafted again ...

No one gives a toss. The CFC couldn't afford the best candidate and we hand him over to the enemy. What's the big deal?

My post was in jest, just in case you didn't get it......but if that 'rumour' is fact, do you really think no one gives a toss? No one at all?

We couldn't afford Judd, but got Simpson instead. Win. :)

How would a Pies coterie member know who Carlton's preference was? I call rubbish on that one. Just the Pies trying to make out they stole something from us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely disconcerting if true. But does the CEO's salary come under the non-player, department cap?

So we couldn't afford Best Available? :)
Trigg didn't make us enough money to afford his replacement. Cheeky bastard.

Is Lehlean the best available? You are assuming

How would a Pies coterie member know who Carlton's preference was? I call rubbish on that one. Just the Pies trying to make out they stole something from us.

I agree, but it could be possible that Lethlean was some way down the interview and negotiation path with both clubs, with it becoming apparent then to Collingwood that we had made him an offer, and were discussing possible terms, etc - the timing of which could certainly give the impression that we might've 'chosen' him. A sneaky leaker could very much have shared this with a coterie member.

Having said all that, we'll probably never know the truth.

Lethlean may have wanted the Collingwood job all along, knew he was favourite with Eddie and so came back at Carlton with a ridiculous ambit claim.

No one gives a toss. The CFC couldn't afford the best candidate and we hand him over to the enemy. What's the big deal?

My post was in jest, just in case you didn't get it......but if that 'rumour' is fact, do you really think no one gives a toss? No one at all?

We couldn't afford Judd, but got Simpson instead. Win. :)

It'll never stop itching if you don't stop scratching Harks .
He's probably happier and definitely better suited flipping burgers in Brisbane so it might be a good idea if you give it , us and yourself a rest mate .

I agree, but it could be possible that Lethlean was some way down the interview and negotiation path with both clubs, with it becoming apparent then to Collingwood that we had made him an offer, and were discussing possible terms, etc - the timing of which could certainly give the impression that we might've 'chosen' him. A sneaky leaker could very much have shared this with a coterie member.

Having said all that, we'll probably never know the truth.

A Blues sneaky leaker sharing with a Pies coterie member ... why?

A Blues sneaky leaker sharing with a Pies coterie member ... why?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear - there needn't be a Carlton source here at all. I was thinking more Lethlean himself, disclosing to Collingwood that his negotiations with Carlton had progressed to step X, or whatever - intimating that we had made him an offer. If this clearly pre-dates the appointment of Liddle, then that would indicate to Collingwood that Lethlean was indeed our first choice at that point.

Not saying I conclude that this happened, but it's standard fare when playing two parties off against each other - and could explain this rumour, factual or not.

It'll never stop itching if you don't stop scratching Harks .
He's probably happier and definitely better suited flipping burgers in Brisbane so it might be a good idea if you give it , us and yourself a rest mate .

You effectively said, "Who gives a toss if we didn't get our preferred candidate?"

Don't worry about itching and scratching and attacking the poster.
Think about what you put forward and how non-sensical it is and then we get some analogy as to where we picked up Simpson in the draft.

I really don't know what you're getting at and why you want to block discussion..........in the Rumour Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back