Bluemour Discussion Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you held all the cards last time as Gibbs was contracted. It seems this time that’s not a concern.

You fail to forget that Gibbs was was Pick 1, McGovern is far from it.

2nd rounder is all he is worth and as far as I am concerned, I couldn't care less where he goes.

And what!

McGovern was drafted at Pick 43.

Pick 1 hahahahahaha dream on!
Exactly and what?

Why are you offering a pick 43 a 4 year deal on big money?

As for your point, can I point out how ridiculous equating his worth to where he was drafted?

Plenty of quality players are taken with late picks, such as Cox, Hird, Sandilands, Laird the list goes on, all would be worth a lot more than their draft position.

Surely it was just a cartoon representation of your childhood reality... what was not to get?
sure - just that our dinosaur pets were rarely domesticated

Exactly and what?

As for your point, can I point out how ridiculous equating his worth to where he was drafted?

Plenty of quality players are taken with late picks, such as Cox, Hird, Sandilands, Laird the list goes on, all would be worth a lot more than their draft position.

I am offering NOTHING.

What BringBackSOS said:-

What we offer him as a contract and what we offer the Crows as a trade, are two separate things.

What don't you understand!

He got us a quality pick for a player picked up as a rookie last year.
do you think the supporters have genuine confidence in him after the gibbs pantsing?

Exactly and what?

I'm not sure why you continue to try to relate what is being offered to a player with what the trade value is..? Why does XXX dollars necessitate x pick? It's what the clubs deem acceptable.

You fail to forget that Gibbs was was Pick 1, McGovern is far from it.

2nd rounder is all he is worth and as far as I am concerned, I couldn't care less where he goes.
Gibbs was 28 and plenty of pick 1s aren’t worth pick 1 down the track.

Again I have to ask, why is your club offering a long term contract on big dollars to a player only worth a second rounder? Why aren’t you peaking at your club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure why you continue to try to relate what is being offered to a player with what the trade value is..? Why does XXX dollars necessitate x pick?
Because it relates to how much your club values the player, that’s pretty obvious.

SOS would not be providing Gov the largest contract he can get if he thought he was only a second round quality player.

We don’t, he’s contracted. Your club is not placing a 4 year deal that prices him out of the market for a player worth a second round pick. If you are you seriously have to question what SOS is doing.
Really hurts your pride to consider that he’d choose Carlton for more than just money doesn’t it?

Again I have to ask, why is your club offering a long term contract on big dollars to a player only worth a second rounder? Why aren’t you peaking at your club?

He’s not a second rounder. He’s an AFl grade player. Second round picks are somewhat speculative. He’s not going to be involved in pick 1 either. That’s silly. On points system it seems ok to swap 1 for 7 and McGovern but we will not do that because we want the premier talent.

The Crows will take a pick between 10-20 (ie: the comp pick) and we will pay it. If that doesn’t work for both then the deal won’t happen.

In my view.

McGovern: I want a trade to Carlton, they're offering more money.
Crows: We want a first rounder!
SOS: We're only offering a second rounder.
Crows: No deal! We're not trading him.
McGovern: Then I'm selling my story about the camp to A Current Affair to make up the difference in money being offered by them versus you.
Crows: We want a second rounder!
SOS: A pleasure doing business with you as always Reid, see you again next year.

FIN

You guys also wanted Gibbs that badly for your final piece of your jigsaw puzzle to win a premiership .I'm not sure if SOS wants Mm that badly.

I can't believe anyone with even a skerrick of footy knowledge would even suggest pick 1 would come into consideration for trading a player like McGovern - regardless of the contract offer

Is that seriously what the back and forth is all about??!! :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back