Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick smith as a FA from swans could be an option. May not be any money left for him after Lloyd signed
he the bloke who has never polled a brownlow vote in 200 games?

Let's be honest the chances of Byrne making it in the AFL are quite slim. He is only getting a game because we are a rabble. He's no Zach Tuohy.

If his head/heart isn't in it, then best for all parties to just cut ties.
no

I agree

Byrne has previously stated that he would like to return to Ireland & play Gaelic football after his AFL career.
Maybe he saw this as his last opportunity to win a championship with his brother and asked the club for permission to play but was denied (As he should have been).
If he then did it anyway, I can see why the club may not be willing to have him back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Once I saw the article about him playing it was my suspicion he didn't have/or didn't seek permission to play.

nttNAbCn_bigger.jpg
SuperFooty (AFL)‏Verified account @superfooty 9m9 minutes ago

Is a captaincy change on at @CarltonFC? Ando reports an early-morning photo shoot today might be a pointer to 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do not spend that high a pick with the players in this top 5-8 when you don't have to.

They should use their list, their 2019 first rounder and their 2nd round pick to engineer something that satisfies the GC. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than that future first on a guy who lacks agility for his role, is a legitimate hot-head, and hasn't managed a full season in his career (whether that be due to injury or suspension).

That way they continue to build the elite portion if their list while acquiring another piece to improve their 22. They cannot afford to cook a KPD trade two years in a row.

Maybe they do have to...

Maybe GC don't accept a future pick in the late teens and a current second rounder (which they already have a few of, to go with 3x first rounders) for a contracted, 26yo KPP who happens to be their captain.

Pick 5 is overs. I'll grant you that. Maybe GC are happy to add a late second into the mix given their bevy of picks. But at the end of the day, when your premiership window is wide open, paying a little over market value for a player that provides exactly what you're lacking isn't just OK, it's probably necessary.

May at full back, Frost on the second tall, leaving Lever to play his ideal loose intercept role. That's what Melbourne would be thinking about. And giving up Smith or King for that isn't a bad deal. Especially seeing as they're only getting pick 5 by letting Hogan go. Hogan (24yo key forward with spotty form, injury issues and shaky commitment) for May (26yo key defender, club captain, good for a suspension a year). If Melbourne can cover Hogan (McDonald, Weideman, Preuss?) then it's smart list management in my book.

Amazing that we're still reading their board to be honest. Their supporters are clueless on how to have a proper debate over footy stuff.
MM IS WORTH PICK 1 OR YOUSE CAN PISS OFF. LOL CARLTON ARE s**t. MM IS s**t BECAUSE HE'S A MONEY HUNGRY FLOG.

Am I doing it right?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know we all love Ciaran but am I the only one who thinks it's unprofessional for him to play Gaelic footy during the off season? Especially given his injury history.
If he is injured and misses preseason I would think that's all she wrote for his AFL experiment.

Seems an odd decision going into a make or break season.

The reddit footy forums are a LOT less toxic than here.

On a rating of facebooks, where 5 facebooks is a full facebook (full facebook is bad). Reddit rates as one facebook, here the rating is about three facebooks.

They are strangely convivial. r/afl is ok as it has some traffic, the blues subreddit is just too quiet.
Love the rankings hahaha

Just that reddit is generally the most toxic online environment in existence.

I know we all love Ciaran but am I the only one who thinks it's unprofessional for him to play Gaelic footy during the off season? Especially given his injury history.
I disagree. Sure, there is a risk that he picks up an injury. But in my (albeit limited) knowledge of the game, he's far less likely to pick up an impact injury than if he was playing footy. If he comes back in good shape, mentally refreshed and happy, that's a really good thing. If going back to play is really important to him and we were supportive, it helps solidify a strong relationship between player and club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back