Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the rankings hahaha

Just that reddit is generally the most toxic online environment in existence.

Depends on the sub. I've got a couple I frequent for book reviews, recs and discussion which are phenomenal communities. A lot of the art-based ones are great too. Gaming can be hit or miss. It's definitely a better platform for the "nerdy" subjects :p

Merely meant that if he was contracted that would be unlikely to quell our interest if we, indeed, happened to be interested.

I know it's not a free shot.
Eh, I've always been a big fan of Nick Smith, I think he's the best small defender of the past decade.

There is no way that he would leave Sydney now though, especially not for a team down the bottom.

I really think Cunners could and should step into Wright's role and do a solid job...
Wish I felt as optimistic as you regarding Cunners as a forward/mid.
Has the skill, but appears to lack focus to consistently play that position.
Strikes me as one of those players who might benefit playing in a position which requires narrower focus; ie lockdown backpocket or similar, where he can focus on an opposition player, or space, for majority of the time, and instinctively run off/attack when appropriate.

I would like Byrne to remain as I thought he was quite good in the last few games, and he does provide depth.
The club should rightly be annoyed if he had played without their permission.
But if it was just a one-off, providing he is not injured, and he his willing to return for a full pre season, then I don't see a problem.
If not, then he needs to tells the club quick smart.

So you think we should keep him on the list if he is homesick? If he is 100% committed to AFL/Carlton then we should definitely keep him, but if he doesn't want to be here, then what is the point?
you have conveniently split your original post in two - my response was to the first bit, not the second

I disagree. Sure, there is a risk that he picks up an injury. But in my (albeit limited) knowledge of the game, he's far less likely to pick up an impact injury than if he was playing footy. If he comes back in good shape, mentally refreshed and happy, that's a really good thing. If going back to play is really important to him and we were supportive, it helps solidify a strong relationship between player and club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I listened to an interview with Conor McKenna from Essendon where he talked about paying a half of Gaelic footy during his first preseason. Essendon called him afterwards apparently, and in the interview Conor spoke about learning what it means to be a professional footballer.

Apparently we don't teach our players that same lesson. How long has Ciaran been on our list now? 5 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I felt as optimistic as you regarding Cunners as a forward/mid.
Has the skill, but appears to lack focus to consistently play that position.
Strikes me as one of those players who might benefit playing in a position which requires narrower focus; ie lockdown backpocket or similar, where he can focus on an opposition player, or space, for majority of the time, and instinctively run off/attack when appropriate.

Not sure why a forward role requires any more or less focus.

When we go forward his job is to sit off the contest and pounce on the loose ball. Forward 50 stoppages the same, shark the tap and break into space.

After a behind, or when the opposition have the ball, play him on an opposition rebounding defender. He's got the pace to limit their ability to run and carry.

He's a smart player who doesn't get flustered, and knows where the goals are. We're still lacking blokes who are prepared to just take the shot on goal. Harry is pretty much it at the moment. Too many players trying to flick the ball around and engineer an easy shot on goal which never eventuates. Cunners is the opposite, his instinct is to get the ball, break into a little bit of space and slot the pill home. Pretty handy set shot too, from the little I've seen.

Some players are better off tailing a man. Others are better off making blokes chase them. I think Cuningham is one of the latter. Let him dictate the play.

I listened to an interview with Conor McKenna from Essendon where he talked about paying a half of Gaelic footy during his first preseason. Essendon called him afterwards apparently, and in the interview Conor spoke about learning what it means to be a professional footballer.

Apparently we don't teach our players that same lesson. How long has Ciaran been on our list now? 5 years?

You can teach all you can, doesn't mean that players are going to learn.

It's easy to pass judgement behind a keyboard with 5% of the information. The only people who know the full story are probably Burner and the club. How do we know he doesn't have a parent dying and they've requested to see him have a crack in county colours again? How do we don't know our footy department hasn't endorsed it as a suitible off-season activity for him to return in good nick?

I say we all relax for a minute and judge when the full story comes out over the coming weeks/months.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not just you, but how about instead of teeing off on the club we wait and see how this plays out? We’ve got a good info bringer saying he’s not returning to Carlton. If that’s the case then he’s free to play as much Gaelic footy as he wants, isn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back