Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Blonde

Senior List
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
It's still true, it's not as if Charlie Curnow were walking away. Byrne has shown glimpses of talent but if he chose to leave, it wouldn't exactly set us back.
Yes... it would. With Simpson and Thomas close to retirement we have less depth in small to medium defenders than some posters think. Plus, I think you are underrating Byrne a bit here, whenever he is able to string a few games together he starts to look more and more confident and comfortable at the level. He will be a big loss IMO.

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Not just you, but how about instead of teeing off on the club we wait and see how this plays out? We’ve got a good info bringer saying he’s not returning to Carlton. If that’s the case then he’s free to play as much Gaelic footy as he wants, isn’t he?

Could be a chicken or egg argument. Did he quit and then play Gaelic Football or....?

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure why a forward role requires any more or less focus.

When we go forward his job is to sit off the contest and pounce on the loose ball. Forward 50 stoppages the same, shark the tap and break into space.

After a behind, or when the opposition have the ball, play him on an opposition rebounding defender. He's got the pace to limit their ability to run and carry.

He's a smart player who doesn't get flustered, and knows where the goals are. We're still lacking blokes who are prepared to just take the shot on goal. Harry is pretty much it at the moment. Too many players trying to flick the ball around and engineer an easy shot on goal which never eventuates. Cunners is the opposite, his instinct is to get the ball, break into a little bit of space and slot the pill home. Pretty handy set shot too, from the little I've seen.

Some players are better off tailing a man. Others are better off making blokes chase them. I think Cuningham is one of the latter. Let him dictate the play.
There are others in here who have a deeper understanding than I regarding forward leading patterns and forward craft generally; so I might just refer a response on the intricacies of forward play over to others. But what I will say is that he is one of our better skilled players who appears to drift in and out of games. Playing hm in a role that requires him to focus on a player who consistently and instinctively runs to the best spots on the ground, might add to Cunners own consistency; that's the logic behind my thought

Brett Temple is a fraud my friends. He simply repeats information he has heard elsewhere.. but do not under any circumstance question his

Haven’t we all

I'm not sure why we are giving facebook pages any publicity, negative or positive.

That page is no competition to BigFooty. There's no rivalry there.

We could move forward quite easily without having to mention them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back