Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Last edited by a moderator:
Gibbs was 28 and plenty of pick 1s aren’t worth pick 1 down the track.

Again I have to ask, why is your club offering a long term contract on big dollars to a player only worth a second rounder? Why aren’t you peaking at your club?

You originally said you didn’t want to appear disrespectful.....

FROM THE DRAFTS FORUM.

Just heard on an Adelaide radio station that the deal from Carlton to Mitch is 5 years at $200k more per year than the crows.

I know it’s an Adelaide radio station and it’s just a rumour but one of the people on the radio station is Rucci who despises the crows agreed that this was correct.

So it looks like Carlton for a 5 year deal for $700k - $750k per year I would think. Surely no other team would be offering that

If that's true it just reeks of desperation from our department to bring in a mature aged player.

I think McGov decided he wanted out when he found out the Crows pre-season camp this year is in Snowtown .

He definitely didn't like being left in the barrel.

article-2234167-1611A4F0000005DC-646_634x486.jpg

A contracted player desperate to leave your club, coupled with the Collective Minds rubbish your club inflicted on its players and the lies told to him at the time he signed his contract, will ensure that Adelaide don't get anywhere near what Crows supporters are demanding. No club wants a disgruntled player on its books. And if the rumours are correct you guys have far more players to worry about wanting out as well.
nice seeing the previously perceived perfect crows getting a nice old - and well deserved - touch up across the board......

If that's true it just reeks of desperation from our department to bring in a mature aged player.
That is stupid money to offer, Charlie and Cripps wouldn't get much more than that. Yes we seem desperate to attract players but let's hope not that desperate.

Adelaide radio are playing to their audience. I wouldn’t get too exercised about anything they’ll say to stimulate locals calling in.
Exactly.
They know how to blow smoke up the locals arses

I think McGov decided he wanted out when he found out the Crows pre-season camp this year is in Snowtown .
bodies in barrels trumps tattooed arm...........more below surface.........

I don't know why it would be so complicated to get the McGovern deal done. Should be the first completed trade.

Carlton get McGovern & Pick 19 (our pick originally prior to Gibbs trade)

Adelaide get Pick 11 (PP) & Pick 25 (Crows pick originally prior to Gibbs trade)

Because most clubs feel the need to complicate virtually all trades? And they always seem to be dependent on other trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is stupid money to offer, Charlie and Cripps wouldn't get much more than that. Yes we seem desperate to attract players but let's hope not that desperate.

I would suggest the numbers being spoken about 700K, 750K, 800K+ are nothing but pure fantasy with no basis in reality. Crows fans and media are running with it and some Carlton supporters are taking the bait.

I can't believe anyone with even a skerrick of footy knowledge would even suggest pick 1 would come into consideration for trading a player like McGovern - regardless of the contract offer

Is that seriously what the back and forth is all about??!! :think:
Skerrick is a good word.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back