Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee,i cant help thinking we'll start hearing the Blues are a destination club next week when us supporters start to become envious of missing out on playing in another Grand final.
The club tends to know when to "drip feed" the supporters to keep the faith.
Like,yeah we're not playing in finals but we're still a good enough club to land Shiel etc.

Parts of his game are elite level. Others like his disposal, not so much.
he's elite no matter what anyone else says, you cant break the record for one of the most hardest midfield stats and not be considered elite, and besides he's a contested player i dont expect him to have the best DE

Well at least the 650k figure on McGovern was confirmed.

And he still wants more.......he’d be the highest player at the club, until Shiel turns up.

Lotta money for a 3rd forward with 40 games in him.
he'll love it when we tell him we can't afford it then give shiel 1.2m - talk about vuja de...........

On face value, Weller at pick 2 was one of the most ludicrous trades of all time.

It's part of the reason crows think McG is worth so much.

100% disagree. I believe that just goes to people massively over rating draft picks, including pick 1 and the fact that people think clubs have to screw other clubs to get the very best deal. Player wanted GCS, GCS wanted player. They picked up who they believed was the midfielder they wanted and valued at pick 2 with near on 50 games of experience, or they could have picked random kid with zero games of experience. Im not seeing the issue with it.

Well at least the 650k figure on McGovern was confirmed.

And he still wants more.......he’d be the highest player at the club, until Shiel turns up.

Lotta money for a 3rd forward with 40 games in him.

I'm a McGovern fan and want us to recruit him.

But he wants more than $650K?

On that basis, in a couple of years' time Charlie should be on $4M a year....

Last edited:
Exciting trade period looming for CFC.

If Setterfield is on the move, he should be our primary focus. Serious talent and would complement our midfield.

What are people's thoughts on Josh Corbett if we were to receive priority access to mature age players?

I've only seen highlights of Corbett, but he looks the goods.
Seems like a third marking forward who can take good contested marks. Not sure if he fits a need if we get McGovern though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheesh. Dont get too sensitive. I didnt call you or soapy mental. I just said we dont have to respect an opinion, particularly if it was a crazy one. There is no divine give right to respect all opinions equally.

I did call someone a drongo because they directly told me to leave the board without offering any useful criticism of my remark until after the fact...and then THEY got offended. Wowee.

Anyways, time to move on.

The real me says STICK TO YOUR GUNS RP

But as the innocent victim in all of this, i must stand on a VERY tall dais and state in my best cond..... voice that it is all about respect on bigfooty. And as a personal MOD favourite of mine reminds me all too often, please take the time to read the forum posting guidelines followed by a 3 pt infringement or similar.

Jeremias is such a nice biblical name but i thought Kane was more suit-able.

I'm not saying i feel as downtrodden and disrespected as that lady in the Handmaid's tale, i'm not even saying im a women...i forgot what i was saying.

Damn it! Now I'm 30 pages behind in this thread.

I might try reading the first page, the last page and every 20th page in between and guess the rest.

Worked wonders on book reports when I was at school back in the day. Incidentally, I used the same approach for attending school too!

Damn it! Now I'm 30 pages behind in this thread.

I might try reading the first page, the last page and every 20th page in between and guess the rest.

Worked wonders on book reports when I was at school back in the day. Incidentally, I used the same approach for attending school too!
10cp makes an appearance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But if we only bring in shiel and finish bottom 4 its pick 1-4 for shiel which is massive overs.

I am confident we can push out of the bottom 4 as early as next year, especially if we have a strong draft, trade and FA period.

Bringing in Shiel for a 2019 pick would be a great start.

or maybe this place is completely sane meaning.......

You are an apparition ……. meaningless …. something for my psyche too palpably deal with and struggle within inner demons … only to realise that my way is the one true path for me.

Edit:

Either that or I have gone bat s**t crazy …. SHIEL …. is a C grader not worth more than a 3rd rounder …. and I have suddenly morphed to the AFC board without realising …..

I'm sticking with all you campaigners are ****ed in the head!

You are an apparition ……. meaningless …. something for my psyche too palpably deal with and struggle within inner demons … only to realise that my way is the one true path for me.
bite me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back