Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratten was doomed from the moment Rogers was elevated. The statistically worst head recruiter in AFL history was taking the list to the cellar, no matter who was coaching it.

Hmm or if we didn’t lose all our senior players and still drafted Cripps (which Rogers would have) then we would have had a pretty solid senior side. Anyway doesn’t matter. Go Dees.

You think dealing with Kane is bad, trying having to put up with his old man as well.

https://outline.com/GzMKLS

Pick 1 or two Top 10 picks!

Should put the article in the "opposition supporters say dumb s**t thread".

Graeme Cornes:

"Carlton will have the first pick in this year’s draft. Mitch McGovern is worth at least that...."

O......................M.......................G.....!!!!!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hmm or if we didn’t lose all our senior players and still drafted Cripps (which Rogers would have) then we would have had a pretty solid senior side. Anyway doesn’t matter. Go Dees.

Cripps and 19 fails from 21 selections for Rogers. No point going over the horrendous record of Hughes and Rogers again though. Agreed it doesn't matter, I just can't handle the sliding doors :'( posts for Ratten when we were going nowhere anyway until our recruiting was overhauled. Go Dees.

Graeme Cornes:

"Carlton will have the first pick in this year’s draft. Mitch McGovern is worth at least that...."

O......................M.......................G.....!!!!!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
the apple something something rots at the head falls somewhere something

Oh how I dream of the day.
Beat Collingwood in a GF then Essendon the next year, then I can die happy
you'll die when I say - a well behaved trade period will extend things for you

I'll get flamed for this I guess, but if we don't bring in many experienced players through trades, I'm starting to consider Michael Barlow on the basis that he finds the footy a lot, makes generally good decisions, works hard enough to fit into a new system and is hungry as hell to continue.

At the very least he is the perfect player for the Northern Blues.

Agreed! I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a spot either.

Cripps and 19 fails from 21 selections for Rogers. No point going over the horrendous record of Hughes and Rogers again though. Agreed it doesn't matter, I just can't handle the sliding doors :'( posts for Ratten when we were going nowhere anyway until our recruiting, drafting, trading, development, coaching, and administration were ALL overhauled. Go Dees.
EFA

Mid first is probably what McGovern is worth accounting that he has a few years on his contract so it's like the Gibbs situation. 23 year old who averages just under a goal and a half and about 13 disposals in a mostly good side is pretty decent but he's not quite a top 10 draft pick, at least not yet although his best footy should now be ahead of him and he could become a player worth that quite easily. On Potential he's a top 10 pick and a superstar but he's not there yet.

I like the type of player he is. You probably look at that type and the elite ones are Dustin Martin, Jordan DeGoey, Jack Darling, Josh Caddy etc. 190 odd cm tall, strong powerful athlete who moves like a midfielder and jumps and marks as strong as anyone. The good teams all have them and we don't.

For all we know he might develop into a player who has bursts in the midfield and kicks his goal or two a game like a lot of these guys do and gets 15-20 possessions a game, then he'd be a superstar. But who knows. He definitely has the potential and they probably know that.

You would hope the PP would get it done. Adelaide have the right to be demanding and so they should. Let's hope the AFL come to the table and help out. He's probably going to fit quite well into our forward line really.

I think we're dreaming if we think our second rounders will do it. We just haven't got them under enough pressure.

Certainly need some strong bodies in the side who don't have glaring issues with speed, mobility and skills.

People suggesting Shiel is unlikely keep forgetting GWS are under cap pressure. If the rumour is true that they are over by $1.5M next season then they will be losing more than just Shiel. His salary won't be anything near that. You would suspect that's 3 of their stars gone or equivalent value. Probably try and trade a few of these guys who are on their second and third contract and are in and out of the side for various reasons but still, if the figure is true at least one big contract will have to get squeezed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratten was doomed from the moment Rogers was elevated. The statistically worst head recruiter in AFL history was taking the list to the cellar, no matter who was coaching it.

Terrible club culture, terrible drafting, no list manager and terrible list management. Whoever was coach, regardless of how much talent was there, they were always going to fail.

The total clean out that has happened and subsequent bottoming out that has had to happen stems all the way back to the John Elliott era and every half arsed attempt to run and fix the footy club in between then and now. We'll be fine, just going to take a lot of work, a little luck and time and patience.

Not at all.

I really don’t appreciate that.

As in 2017 my rumours are accurate and valid.

Yours?

No rumours from you, just pot shots at people, impressive.
Not seeing it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180922-161441_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180922-161441_Chrome.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20180922-154312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180922-154312_Chrome.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180922-154249_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180922-154249_Chrome.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 5
Everyone

It’s very disappointing to be attacked by one of our own and because of it I’m signing off.

I’ve enjoyed posting a blend of good natured humour and information as it gets relayed to me be it Mark, Matt, Shayne, or Andrew. (A significant mix of club people and friends/ journalists)

There’s a very exciting trade period to come. I hope you enjoy it.

To the few who’ve liked a lot- thanks

To others: I hope you go well in the future too.

Go Blues!

Terrible club culture, terrible drafting, no list manager and terrible list management. Whoever was coach, regardless of how much talent was there, they were always going to fail.

The total clean out that has happened and subsequent bottoming out that has had to happen stems all the way back to the John Elliott era and every half arsed attempt to run and fix the footy club in between then and now. We'll be fine, just going to take a lot of work, a little luck and time and patience.

Yeah, stupidity reigned between the late 90s and 2015. No guarantees, just hope. Our kids can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back