Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

List Status:

Kerridge Graham Lamb Rowe LeBois (rookie) are uncontracted (I think)

So far we have 36 players contracted
I think we will have a minimum 3 picks in draft and 3 as rookies
That leaves TWO positions to fill with our uncontracted players or DFA's (unless we pay out anyone)

The whole SOS has done a great job narrative on here seems well unearned.

This was pretty much another wait and see trade period, which isn't bad, but really only means that the team is marginally better than where they were at the end of this season.

SOS doesn't get any credit for drafting Walsh, and to go in to the draft (as of now) with really only the one pick, doesn't really sit well. I'd want to see him move back in the draft, gain another B+/A asset, AND draft Walsh before I can take an immediate, positive spin outta the last couple of weeks.
I respectfully disagree.
He has replaced Byrne, o’Shea, Mullett, Shaw etc with Setterfield (highly regarded number 6 pick), Mitch McGovern, Nic Newman and Alex Fasolo all of whom are best 22 players round 1.

The former, with the exception of Byrne would not be on any AFL team list.

Also, to have pick 1 in tact is very important as Walsh will likely be best 22 also.

Our round 1 team is likely to look very different.

SOS has done well!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We keep PICK 1!

happy-dance-.gif
For now

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ericpascoe right again
Thanks. And FWIW, I reckon Silvagni did well. Added 3 clear and one fringe best 22, lost nobody, kept our first rounders. Didn’t get Shiel, but we did come last - amazing we were in it at all. Once we missed Shiel we were never going to blow next year’s first or the salary cap space on an average, seasoned mid. Both those things - the cap space and the pick - are too valuable if we rise a bit and are therefore an attractive destination for a proper gun (Kelly, Coniglio, who knows who else) next year

We didn’t lose a top 22 (let alone top 2) player via trade this year and got 80% of the targets we chased; kept both pick 1 and future 1st rounder. Massive ticks for mine.!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not only that....there wasnt a hint of anyone wishing to leave....nothing. You got to say thats a better indicator of coach and players than the ladder and win / losses

List Status:

Kerridge Graham Lamb Rowe LeBois (rookie) are uncontracted (I think)

So far we have 36 players contracted
I think we will have a minimum 3 picks in draft and 3 as rookies
That leaves TWO positions to fill with our uncontracted players or DFA's (unless we pay out anyone)

That list shows we’re still pretty shallow. Picking from them it’s Kerridge & Lamb for me. Kerridge can take some of the hits in the middle and Lamb plays a role somewhere.
With respect to both you really wouldn’t be playing them if you didn’t have to.
Don’t know enough about the DFAs to form an opinion if there is anyone of better quality than these two.
Your thoughts Soap?

I’d do that in heartbeat and take Rozee who I think will be a gun and maybe the best from this draft in years to come

If the Suns are taking the Kings 2 & 3, looks likely Adelaide to trade up to take Lukocious at 4 and Port take Rankine at 5, Pick 6 would give the choice of Rozee or Bailey Smith. Added with Walsh, would be a great draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back