Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should definitely try and get Burton.

Can play fwd, mid and back.

I’d the perfect age and uses the ball well.

I think he could definitely turn into a full time mid.

Rumor has it that Port demanded Burton in the Wingard deal for the possibility of any trade to go through.

All this talk about trading pick 1 is nuts. You don’t give up a player like Sam Walsh. There are no sure things in the draft but he is as close as it gets. He will be one of the best players in the comp for a long period of time. Give him up and we will regret it. That opinion is not based off a few highlights packages either and there is a reason a few clubs are trying to get out pick 1 to select him. Unless we get a offer that is better than too good to refuse then you hold on to it. And pick 1 is not going to turn into pick 2&3, that is delusional. Once we have finalised the Setterfield deal then we have been one of the big winners of this trade period.

All this talk about trading pick 1 is nuts. You don’t give up a player like Sam Walsh. There are no sure things in the draft but he is as close as it gets. He will be one of the best players in the comp for a long period of time. Give him up and we will regret it. That opinion is not based off a few highlights packages either and there is a reason a few clubs are trying to get out pick 1 to select him. Unless we get a offer that is better than too good to refuse then you hold on to it. And pick 1 is not going to turn into pick 2&3, that is delusional. Once we have finalised the Setterfield deal then we have been one of the big winners of this trade period.
What is it based off? I watched all the Championship games and Rankine was easily the best over the carnival.

I just been reading reviews of new rule changes. Seems like our strengthened tall forward line might kick some arse. Provided we can get the ball down there. In saying that, I recall early in the year that our f50 entries were constantly above the opposition. Don't think we will be as bad as many suggest.
Getting it in and clean immediately after the after each bounce whilst everyone is still one on one. the reason we had on may cases, more 50m entries than the opposition is because of:
1. Cripps
2. The quick bomb in panic to no one in particular.

The quick bomb will not be as damaging with the new rules as our boys will be competing 1 on 1 and we will have 3 decent marks. if we take to long to get it in there opposition Mids will flood back which will allow the set up of a Zone defence and it will rebound just as quick as this year. Getting first hands on the ball and then giving it to an SPS or someone with silk delivery will be the key.

Last edited:
What are we expecting today baggers? I reckon nothing will happen for us, but maybe GC will get rolled by one of the Adelaide teams for their top picks?

Yep good chance if GC has the same decision makers that gave up Pick 2 for Lachie Weller last year (jeepers).

Rumor has it that Port demanded Burton in the Wingard deal for the possibility of any trade to go through.
Wingard will have to stay then or Dogs come in late and offer pick 7 and he agrees to go there. I think Port would prefer that option and they asking for Burton to be unrealistic on purpose. Pick 15 from Hawks is not what they really after. Pick 7 from Dogs, hell yes. They probably annoyed with Wingard for nominating Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't blame EP and B70 for taking a break from here. Whoever the keyboard warriors were that took them to task clearly have no idea about how the trade period works.

Dear Marc Shmurf 3, barass70, TheRedPill, ericpascoe, tencentpiece, reg_lower91, others

Whatever we said, whatever we did
We didn't mean it
We just want you back for good
(Want you back, want you back, want you back for.....sorry getting carried away here).

Anyway. We love youse all, we just get a bit frisky during trade period. Please don't take anything personally or let a few rotten apples spoil it for the rest of us.

To sign this petition/love letter, please press the like button below :)

Spoken by ferrisb
Please Don't Take My Rumours Away Party, Melbourne

I am happy with either Walsh or Overs..looking forward to seeing how it plays out; Kelly more likely than coniglio though, Jonathan Brown thought we were leading the race for him some time this year

What is it based off? I watched all the Championship games and Rankine was easily the best over the carnival.

I have seen a lot of TAC cup footy live, and many of his games over the past couple of years. He will be ready to go Rd 1 next year. With 2-3 pre seasons under AR, then think a cross between J Kelly and Cotchin.

Don’t get me wrong there are others in this draft that we have very good long careers. Rankine will be a fine player, and will win you games, but will mainly play forward of the ball over his career similar to chad wingard. I’m still taking Walsh over him.

I have seen a lot of TAC cup footy live, and many of his games over the past couple of years. He will be ready to go Rd 1 next year. With 2-3 pre seasons under AR, then think a cross between J Kelly and Cotchin.

Don’t get me wrong there are others in this draft that we have very good long careers. Rankine will be a fine player, and will win you games, but will mainly play forward of the ball over his career similar to chad wingard. I’m still taking Walsh over him.

I agree based on the two you have mentioned. Given you have watched a lot of TAC, how would you compare Smith v Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back