Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Papley will get done now. We are now a destination club. Alot trying to get to Ikon park. Teague a big reason.
Thanks for the update. Going to be a great trade period for the footy club.

I’ve swung again, do not want Gibbs; happy for CFC to move on as far as that player is concerned. Happy to have Betts back. A big No to Jacobs.
This is where i'm at as well. No to Jacobs and Gibbs. I big hell yes to Eddie though

Dodoro is trying to assemble an entire midfield that can't kick. It's a bold strategy.

Not as bold as his 'outside midfielders only' policy.

Ellis looks like the last thing * need.

God, I hope they pick him up at an inflated salary.

The Heraldsun is reporting this morning that North are going all out as a third party to the Daniher to Sydney trade in order to get Papley.
They also say that we are lagging behind North as the potential 3rd party in that trade due to Mason Wood wanting a trade to Sydney?

The Heraldsun is reporting this morning that North are going all out as a third party to the Daniher to Sydney trade in order to get Papley.
They also say that we are lagging behind North as the potential 3rd party in that trade due to Mason Wood wanting a trade to Sydney?

How?
They don't have a football manager, list manager or CEO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're definitely not a destination club yet. We can definitely get there though.

I will take Eddie and Sauce, no Gibbs thanks.

I didn't believe Weitering would be sowing his oats in mykonos.

But then I looked it up and saw September is the ideal time to sow oats in the Northern hemisphere.

Weiters would 100% know this :p

With Mykonos being what it is renown for, I'd be a little careful sowing my Wild Oats..... personally anyway.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! 😉

Maybe you get double points for that?

Bottom 6 finish should mean we get an easy fixture next year - will be nice knocking the Crows over twice in a season. Eddie can give them the same treatment he gave the Suns.

Just like that time we won 2 games for the year and got the 11th hardest draw, and Richmond finished minor premiers and got the 13th hardest draw?

Oh wait, that was this year.

That happened two years ago and there is a new coach this year. Why didn’t he want out last year if it was so traumatic?

I reckon players are jumping off because they know they won’t be playing finals for a while and because of the youth policy.
Possibly

Fact is heaps of players want out and the culture of that club is cactus

Don't pay too much attention to Rag Rumours at the moment - until players start nominating clubs they'll oversell any whisper of interest to create "news".

Papley would have to want to go to NM for it to be remotely relevant, and there's been nothing to suggest that's the case. I'm sure they're throwing their hat in the ring, and a journalist can make whatever assumptions they like about who has the stronger case, but ultimately the decision rests with the player. If Papley wants to come to Carlton, we'll get a deal done. If Wood wants to get to Sydney, that'll get done separately for chump change, the bloke is worth a third rounder.

How?
They don't have a football manager, list manager or CEO

Probably pushed by Shaw i guess? Not sure who would be actually doing the work though given they have so many key positions unfilled.

Also lol Mason Wood is worth a third rounder at best...it doesn't need to be part of a Papley deal at all and barely adds any value. The guy is 26 and still only shows 'glimpses' and 'potential'.

The Herald Sun also regurgitated an article in the Age a week earlier about vaping and how it had killed 6 people in the US....they left out the bit (pretty important mind you) that those 6 people were vaping hash oil...

The moral of the story is the Hun will write whatever they deem to be as sensational as it can get to get people to read and talk about it and leave out any facts necessary to build the angle they want to build.

I’d be shocked if Papley even had a minute second to think about heading to North

Just curious, why no to Gibbs?

Notwithstanding all the rumours of personal issues, whether they are true or false, my understanding is Gibb's partner was very, very motivated to get back to SA. They've now been married nearly a year. They have a young child (and another on the way before Rd 1 2020). There's the potential that if Gibbs came back to us that they wouldn't follow him. That just opens up a massive can of worms in my book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back