Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it’s pick 39 then fuggedaboutit

I don’t think SOS will take him for less than pick 79

Jarrod Cameron went 39 last year, Nathan Murphy the year before, Josh Battle in 2016, Rhys Mathieson in 2015 & Declan Hamilton in 2014 - I don't think 39 is that much to give up.

Brodie Grundy wants 7 years on his next contract....
Pies only wanna give him 3.
SOS, go do your best work

If he leaves the Pies, it's to go back to SA.

But Grundy is reportedly highly intelligent......so I guess there's no chance he wants to join one of the SA teams ;)

Wish we had have picked up Jake Riccardi in the mid season draft....saw him earlier in the year when NB's played Werribee, and he tore us a new one. Had a cracking year and finished 2nd in the VFL goalkicking...and just a 19yo!!!

He'll get snapped up in the ND this year, possibly 2nd or 3rd round.
195 cm third tall. May well be good but is he good enough to oust brackets, jsos or Matt Kennedy who are all a chance to play in that spot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't in Essendon's interests to make a positive announcement.

If it wasn't for AFL corruption, we would have got 43 positive announcements out of * a few years back...... ;)

DOCHERTY RUNNING!!!!

My younger daughter is just starting to read. Might start her on...

This is Doch.

Doch can run.

See Doch run.

Has it been mentioned anywhere here that 12 of Betts' goals last season were against Gold Coast??

If you took out references to Betts' 12 goals against the Suns, this thread's stats would look much worse...

:p

Last edited:
Is the lack of bluemours good or bad?
Non issue I'd say, it's preliminary final week. Once the grand final is done info will come in thick and fast.

I'm sure we knew nothing about Newman, Setterfield, Fasolo etc this time last year.

Been reported Crow won't contribute to his salary, we won't pay what his on. Effectively he will become a delisted FA, so rookie will do just fine

How would this work, Adelaide can’t delist Eddie, if they do, they have to payout his contract.
Surely Eddie can’t just quit and become a FA as this would set a precedent that players and clubs could exploit.

Might be small issues but I’d say he would have to be traded.

If it’s pick 39 then fuggedaboutit

I don’t think SOS will take him for less than pick 79

If we recruit Eddie, the pick we give will be more token than a female appointment in the Liberal Party cabinet...

Big no to Eddie, here's why:

If we had Eddies 12 Gold Coast goals when we played GWS we still would have lost by 21 points. For that reason I'd much rather relist Lebois to the rookie list.

Take Eddie’s 12 GC goal away, we’d still gain 25 goals. We gain 4 wins from the games we lost by less than a kick if he kicks a goal in each. That leaves 21 goals to be spread out to 3 vs Port to win, 4 vs Sydney to win, 4 vs Collingwood to win, 3 vs St Kilda to win and 5 goals vs Richmond to win. That would give us a record of 15-7 if we had him this year. That leaves another 2 goals and we can just add those to the s**t kicking we’re going to give the Crows next year.

See, you really need to think outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back