Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm OK with having a minimal presence in this year's draft. With 18 teams in the comp, each team on average gets 1.5 picks in the top 27 each year. Since 2015 we've had 4, 2, 2, and 2, for a total of 10 (vs an average total of 6). We could have zero picks in the top 27 this year and next, and still be above average for the six years as a whole.

Doubt it will be quite as dire as nothing before pick 60, but even if it was I'd be OK with it for this year.

(And yes, 27 is a somewhat convenient number to pick as it just includes Fisher -- but it also just excludes TDK at 30, so it seems a reasonable benchmark.)
#27 is the notional mid point of the second round. Makes as much sense as any other point.

Where has this talk of Weitering being involved in the Papley trade come from? Surely has to be a pisstake.
If by some chance it happens, then I will unleash a tirade of gifs that will have me permabanned!😡😆

That won't happen. :)
It can happen if Weitering wants out, but one wouldn't think so.

We finally have a good core back-line and we take away one of its prime ingredients for.........? No. That won't happen.

Lol
Weitering is worth pick one and another top ten pick alone, before you even consider what you’re going to get as a player coming to our club.
Laugh out loudly and bloody heartily, it’s 8:33am and I need a drink at the suggestion!

Martin contract
3 x 600k with a 4th clause
Not unhappy with that. 3 years when he could've got $700k/5 of whatever from WB shows a lot of faith in us.

Question if I may, c09 - given the JD news surfacing relatively early and Papley only needing to request a trade, do we think this one could be done earlier, and are they really reliant on each other (3-way trade)?

Heard from * member last night Daniher to Swans very likely. We are involved in the talks for Papley who wants to come home and to here. May have to involve players going out though due to leagues trading draft pick rules.

Can also confirm Ellis rumour of changing asking price and subsequently rebuffed. From my boss who is related to Ellis (15th cousin twice removed or something) and also a Richmond supporter. Apparently he was a done deal but thought he could milk us for more after Cogs re-signed. We said - do you have Dan Butlers number champ.

I wouldn't mind if it were the last three picks in the top 50 but the fact that it doesn't seem to be a good draft year this year is exactly why I don't want to be picking them at the very death.

On the contrary you can take kids with picks that have specific strengths, like something we desperately need - pace/small forwards/small backman or a raw underdeveloped ruck and let them develop in the twos for a couple of years

It’s not like we are trading out picks for 27-30 year olds, Papley is still very young and Martin only 24

We need maturity more than more draft picks expecting immediate return

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we bring in Martin, Papley and Butler I can't see much game time going forward for Matty Kennedy, should the club and himself look at involving him in the Martin trade? He'd get regular game time up there. Does Kennedy and one of our later picks get it done?

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's probably because I have a massive man crush on him, but I feel like Kennedy is worth persisting with.

Can't help but feel like he could still be something special.

Also because he's not that small as far as small forwards go, and Martin might not even be played as a forward.

Also depth.

Also Lang

It's probably because I have a massive man crush on him, but I feel like Kennedy is worth persisting with.

Can't help but feel like he could still be something special.

Also because he's not that small as far as small forwards go, and Martin might not even be played as a forward.

Also depth.

Also Lang
Just think he probably won't get a lot of game time and might feel like a move is best for him. He has value, would be a good fit for GC I reckon.

If we bring in Martin, Papley and Butler I can't see much game time going forward for Matty Kennedy, should the club and himself look at involving him in the Martin trade? He'd get regular game time up there. Does Kennedy and one of our later picks get it done?

Martin and Papley alone puts a lot of pressure on more than just Kennedy. Gibbons and Cuningham are going to be under the most pressure to break in if we add Martin, Papley and maybe Butler/Betts.

These inclusions also add some pressure to McGovern and Silvagni should we decide to restructure our forward line. I guess you could even say that with these inclusions and a fit best 22 even Casboult may be difficult to fit in.

DeLuca doesn't have a place in the side in the forward line either with those changes same with Lang. But we still need some depth.

It's going to get the depth closer to where it should be that's for sure but I can see us potentially offloading a player.

Fingers crossed pick 8 is enough for Papley and a future second is enough for Martin although I have felt he is probably worth two seconds or a late first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back