Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one can replace Doc unfortunately, but we have Newman, williamson, Bugg, Schumacher, JSOS, Cuningham, Thomas, etc. Who could be tested to fill the void.

Surprised they are not saying we should get Yarran out of retirement
What about the other half of what Doc brings? Leadership, directing traffic, experience, cool head etc.

He’s much more than just a HBF and we could do a whole lot worse than Goddard to give the above a chop out for a year.

No one can replace Doc unfortunately, but we have Newman, williamson, Bugg, Schumacher, JSOS, Cuningham, Thomas, etc. Who could be tested to fill the void.

Surprised they are not saying we should get Yarran out of retirement

i am interested to hear what others think regarding Jack Silvagni playing off the half back line.

We know he was trialled in the middle at times last year, he has a high footy IQ, he has a good leg but can he defend like his old man and find space?

Thoughts?

i am interested to hear what others think regarding Jack Silvagni playing off the half back line.

We know he was trialled in the middle at times last year, he has a high footy IQ, he has a good leg but can he defend like his old man and find space?

Thoughts?

Nice, out of the box thinking. Has a strong overhead mark and a good footy brain to read the play as an intercept backman.

Would possibly only have to play the role as a relief to Simmo. Would really need to educate him in the pre-season though on how to play the role otherwise he will get massacred. Apparently his old man was a good backman as well........

Thoughts?

Flagged it in the List Management thread - seems the most sensible choice to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s much more than just a HBF and we could do a whole lot worse than Goddard to give the above a chop out for a year.
Do you need Brendan himself to point out where this would go wrong?

Flagged it in the List Management thread - seems the most sensible choice to me.

Sure Jack is worth a shot, so is Ben he'd give it a good shake, very competitive defender, agile enough, also has the footy IQ like his older brother and I don't mind his demeanour as a Backman reminds me of his old man a lot, in a contemporary edition.

What about the other half of what Doc brings? Leadership, directing traffic, experience, cool head etc.

You forgot 'playing loose, unaccountable football', 'cheap possessions', 'finger pointing', 'bringing down the atmosphere' and 'least favourite person as voted by EFC cleaning and catering staff'.

To be honest, I'd rather we gave Hartung a shot... and that's saying somethin'.

Thoughts?

Perhaps less of a Doc/HBF and more of a medium, potentially competing with Plowman and maybe Schumacher?

As far as that 'vacant' HBF spot is concerned, I'm not sure he'd be ahead of Newman, Willo, Thomas, O'Brien, Schumacher, maybe even Bugg, Garlett

You forgot 'playing loose, unaccountable football', 'cheap possessions', 'finger pointing', 'bringing down the atmosphere' and 'least favourite person as voted by EFC cleaning and catering staff'.

To be honest, I'd rather we gave Hartung a shot... and that's saying somethin'.

Maybe Pickett would benefit from having someone around to smack the pretzels out of his hands?

We're not challenging for anything, HBF is a position we "should" be able to cover so I'd like them to get creative.

If there's a smokey out their they've had their eye on, particularly something a bit different or huge upside, I hope they go for it. Does not have to be a Doc replacement.

Would we entertain getting Lamb back? He's at least a known quantity

Why would we entertain Lamb when we have Newman or Thomas for that matter, don't really see the need.
Much rather Sam Fisher with some zip and neat skills could help out in the midfield to elevate the pressure on the backline or Jesse Palmer who gives us another scoring option and perhaps rotate McGovern to the backline.

I can't believe some of this stupidity.

No to Brendon Goddard, a bloke that has played exceedingly well in Doc's role for half his career

Yes to Jed Lamb, a bloke that has struggled to play the easiest position (which isn't Doc's) on the field for his entire career

:huh::huh:

Lamb at least showed signs he could play as a small defender, not many in our side that could claim that.

Goddard is finished as a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back