Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an app? Only ever used the inter web to access the site.
There sure is Jab. I used to use the website all the time, but found it too slow and switched to the app. Means I can post from my phone which is heaps easier.

There sure is Jab. I used to use the website all the time, but found it too slow and switched to the app. Means I can post from my phone which is heaps easier.
Just downloaded it, going to take some getting used to.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
This makes no sense.

He did his knee in August.

You'd think recovery would be min 9-10 months, taking him to May-June. I can't see Carlton recruiting him mid-year coming off yet another ACL.

Sure, Goldsack played 5 months after an ACL. But given Alex's history, I think you'd err on the side of caution (12+ months).
True, but SOS does love a fire sale getting players who are injured on the cheap.

KJP7

Senior List
Mar 22, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Couple of tidbits, apologies that it’s nothing new. Expect Cognilio to either be in Perth or navy blue in 2020.

Kerr to be used predominantly down back this year.

This year also shapes as a make or break for our senior coach, really needs to show something. The opinion is that he’s great with the group but may need some help tactically.

Couple of tidbits, apologies that it’s nothing new. Expect Cognilio to either be in Perth or navy blue in 2020.

This year also shapes as a make or break for our senior coach, really needs to show something. The opinion is that he’s great with the group but may need some help tactically.
Thanks for the update. FWIW, I reckon Cogs will be in Perth in 2020.

Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the update. FWIW, I reckon Cogs will be in Perth in 2020.

Sure if the Eagles want him - but if Eagles can’t make it work with their salary cap I’m not sure he ends up in Perth as the Dockers aren’t such an attractive destination - staying with the Giants would be better than Dockers I would think. So in my opinion it comes down to if Eagles are willing to pay up for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit hard to have working tactics when 80% of the list has changed over the last 3 preseasons reducing the age profile of the list and you are making multiple team changes every week due to injuries, a lot of them occurring during the game which fatigues players left carrying the load.

A fitter list and less injuries and suddenly playing together will allow the team to look like we have a game plan.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I strongly believe Coniglio will re-sign with the Giants. They are his club. He has very strong relationships with those in the Club. He is one of their 3 leaders. They have made the room to keep the players they need to and really really want to now. They are potential flag contenders for his next 4-5 years.

Staying.

KJP7

Senior List
Mar 22, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit hard to have working tactics when 80% of the list has changed over the last 3 preseasons reducing the age profile of the list and you are making multiple team changes every week due to injuries, a lot of them occurring during the game which fatigues players left carrying the load.

A fitter list and less injuries and suddenly playing together will allow the team to look like we have a game plan.

Obviously injuries affect things, but the brand of footy has been pretty disappointing regardless of who’s on the park, I’m sure you’d agree.

We do need to see improvement this year otherwise changes will be made, we’re a club in a hurry again and we can afford another decade of wasted talent.

With the forward line we have now I expect to us play a similar style that helped us push Richmond in round 1 last year.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I strongly believe Coniglio will re-sign with the Giants. They are his club. He has very strong relationships with those in the Club. He is one of their 3 leaders. They have made the room to keep the players they need to and really really want to now. They are potential flag contenders for his next 4-5 years.

Staying.
If I was to put money on it I'd have him in orange year.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
The tactical criticism of Bolts is interesting. If I remember right, all the talk when we recruited him was that he was the brains behind Hawthorn's gameplan, and Clarko was just very good at leveraging the specific expertise of his various assistants to create a cohesive unit.

Our "gameplan" or lack thereof has been disappointing. But I've also seen us try to do things differently at times and get crucified as a result. I really think we were in a perfect storm last season - injuries piling up, lots of kids, gaps being plugged by ordinary players we only ever expected to be using in the VFL.

I don't necessarily expect us to come out with something unique and innovative in 2019. Just string together as many consistent performances as possible. Control the ball, dictate the play, and when we pull the trigger do it with conviction and a forward structure that can benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back