Terry Wallace said today on SEN
Blues Crows and Suns heading for big draft pick swaps on draft night

Blues In; Picks 3, 6, 8 & Suns 2019 2r
Blues Out; Pick 1, 2019 1r, 3r & Crows 3r

Suns In; Picks 1, 13, Blues 2019 1r, Crows 2r
Suns Out; Picks 2, 3, 6, 2019 2r

Crows In; Pick 2 and 2019 3r
Crows Out; Picks 8, 13, 2019 2r

Don't really think Wallace would know anything, but would you?

Wow.

Don't think we'll trade pick one, but this would be an unbelievable result if it eventuated.

Understand there will be many who want to keep that first pick for Walsh, but IMO this offer would be too good to refuse.

Tough call to give up that first pick but to hold 3 picks inside the top 10 of such a strong draft is an amazing position to be in.

Leaves us in a bit of limbo when it comes to potential F/S bids later in the draft but I'd happily take the risk and go into deficit next year if need be.

Seriously man, we all dabble in a bit of wordplay...lord knows I've hoovered a few lines in my time...but we're worried that your wordplay is getting a bit beyond social. Just intervening now in the hope that we don't stumble across a vid of a shirtless, barely coherent Ferris snorting up words, like it's the last book in the library.

We love you man, but the party has to end sometime.

Mumford like???

Let him.

Unlike others here, I say there is a less than 50% chance we draft BSOS.
Two dodgy shoulders and a knee replacement makes it highly unlikely.

Sort of like TWs pick swap from a number of perspectives, least being we profit reasonably well. Might not be that juicy but can see some merit from a number of team's perspectives.

If Crows give GC additional picks it becomes worthwhile moving some of them forward to next years draft, hence our future first comes into play. List builds need to be spread a little given they are starting over.

GC should want Walsh who seems one of the safer flight risk propositions (at least compared to the SA boys).

Adelaide right now sort of miss out on the big three so should be willing to pay a slight premium to get one of Rozee, Luko or Rankine. Lots of public/corporate membership won on the back of these guys, and Port have their noses in front.

Carlton benefit on gaining the players now which would suit having quality top 10 picks get started started a year earlier than expected. Brings our flag tilt a year fwd and gives docherty more of a shot. We also net two for one deal which i like.

I get the impression Swallow is a pretty loyal sort. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he takes over the captaincy up there. He's also not a star, and I doubt Gold Coast will be trumped on a contract offer for him, they're running out of people to pay good money to.

I've got a sneaking suspicion we won't be all-in on the chase for Kelly. Barring a meteoric rise up the ladder in 2019, I don't think we're the kind of club he'll be looking to join. No doubt we'll make the right noises and and do our bit in pushing up offers for him though.

I also think Coniglio is likely to stick around at GWS. Just a gut feel.

Whitfield is one I think we'd be working on early. Seem to recall there was some speculation in the last couple of years about him making a move back to Victoria. Would be a brilliant Simmo replacement as a key backline distributor with stints on the wing.

Taranto would have to be on our radar. Fits the bill with players SOS really liked but couldn't find a way to get. Young enough to be long term, but with a decent chunk of games under his belt, and showing some real ability already.

As far as a Vic-based target - someone from the Bulldogs would be the smart guess. Something weird going on at that club, and I reckon one more ordinary year will be enough to shake a big name loose. Bont and Hunter both out of contract next year. Happy with either.

Highly doubtful we get more than one of them, but that's the space I'd be working in if I were involved.

Big offer to Whitfield.
Big offer to Taranto.
Big offer to Bont/Hunter.

If we can hit one of those three, it's basically 2019 and 2020 firsts gone, and maybe try and get a second rounder back (unless it's Bont...).

Completely agree re Dogs.

Something seriously amiss in the kennel.

This is one of my favorite vids of all time. Not because of anything to do with singing, the show or her music.

It's about showing up to an audience that is mocking you, laughing at you and basically treating you like a joke. Then turning around and ******* sticking it up them!

I hope the Blues can do this to the AFL world over the next few years.

Correct- we were the ugly duckling his year!!

Wow.

Don't think we'll trade pick one, but this would be an unbelievable result if it eventuated.

Understand there will be many who want to keep that first pick for Walsh, but IMO this offer would be too good to refuse.

Tough call to give up that first pick but to hold 3 picks inside the top 10 of such a strong draft is an amazing position to be in.

Leaves us in a bit of limbo when it comes to potential F/S bids later in the draft but I'd happily take the risk and go into deficit next year if need be.

Pick 1 for 2018 plus our R1 2019 pick are given up for 3, 6 and 8 this year.

I would want more than that.

Pick 1 for 2018 plus our R1 2019 pick are given up for 3, 6 and 8 this year.

I would want more than that.

Don't agree with you - think it would be a huge win and we would jump at the opportunity.

Break the trade down into smaller parts to see the whole picture.

1) Pick 1 for picks 3 and 6

Yeah we give up Walsh but for two picks inside 6 in a strong draft I think you have to pull the trigger.

For pick one this is about as strong an offer alone that you could hope for.

2) 2019 1st for pick 8

For mine this is the worst part of the trade for us, but still a win.

Think our 2019 pick will be higher up the order than pick 8, but in a worse draft, and we shouldn't underestimate the value of bringing young talent through the door a year early.

15 games into a highly rated kid vs a potentially slightly better pick a year later in a worse draft. I'm taking the former every day of the week.

3) 2 x 3rd round picks for 1 x 2nd round pick

We'd be giving up 2 picks (37 at the absolute earliest) for a pick very likely to be early 20s.

A win across every line IMO, with only the second part of the trade truly debatable on that front.

I don't really see the point in this trade unless the plan is to on trade the first round picks for future picks.

We have four list spots open so it seems that the current plan is take a potential gun with the first pick. Looking at our current draft position it seems as though the club is happy to pick up hickmott and bsos. Stick to that plan. Use the 4th spot for a potential delisted free agent.

If we trade pick one for something like the above, we should stick to the plan and therefore trade out the other two lower two first round picks for future first rounders. This gives us what we didn't have a great deal of this year, trade bait. We will have a handful of first round picks to then throw at any contracted gun. That allows us to get what we need, mature talent into the club and have us primed for a shot at finals footy.
I don't know in what context Wallace maid these comments. I'm thinking he may of heard on the grapevine a 3 club deal involving us, crows and GC. The rest he has just made up/ guessed.

I would be for it,as long as we also traded back into the 2019 draft also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of an overreaction mate. Of course they could both go, it's just unlikely since GWS will be throwing all kinds of incentives at one, should the other decide to leave.

Or more to the point, it's just my personal read on the situation...

Was more of a broad statement aimed at the line of thinking,not you specifically.

Don't agree with you - think it would be a huge win and we would jump at the opportunity.

Yeah we give up Walsh but for two picks inside 6 in a strong draft I think you have to pull the trigger.

2) 2019 1st for pick 8

Think our 2019 pick will be higher up the order than pick 8, but in a worse draft, and we shouldn't underestimate the value of bringing young talent through the door a year early.

15 games into a highly rated kid vs a potentially slightly better pick a year later in a worse draft. I'm taking the former every day of the week.

We'd be giving up 2 picks (37 at the absolute earliest) for a pick very likely to be early 20s.

A win across every line IMO, with only the second part of the trade truly debatable on that front.

2) 2019 1st for pick 8

I reckon if the suns did this trade, someone there would have their arse removed.

Dunkley, what a balls up by the Swans, now a premiership player (I think)

Yep re. GF, think I had Dunkley for 1st goal scorer..fail.

He really stepped it up in the 2nd half of this year for some dominating performances.

2 x F/S’s Sydney (Mitchell trade) that they have given up that would seriously add to their team recently, and into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back