Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we have 3?

Doubt we will use them anyway.
Yup, it's been 3 for a while. You're capped at one GAA recruit onto the Cat B list, but I don't think there are any other restrictions. We'll maybe get Next Gen Academy kids involved with that.

May have been done so apologies.

On points table the Wallace rumoured trade actually makes sense. Blues may get slight overs. But they gave up pick one and another potential pick 2-3. Blues end up with several picks where they can get good Vic kids. Maybe grab Smith,Ben King and Caldwell.

GC got slight unders but they got Walsh- the leader they need. And they pushed into early next year probably guaranteeing pick 1 (in their eyes between them and us). They reduced their picks this year (have too many).

Adelaide got slight unders but they got Luko.

It’s actually (in my view) and excellent trade for all clubs.

Makes no sense.
To start with, a future second rounder has to be traded to us first, just to even be able to trade our future round one pick. Gold Coast already traded theirs....

I think you may be confusing the word “rules” when it is used in conjunction with the word AFL.

AFL Rules are not actually rules - more a guidance which can at any time be changed by the AFL - particularly if it is seen to benefit the clubs they believe need help. In this case GCS.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you may be confusing the word “rules” when it is used in conjunction with the word AFL.

AFL Rules are not actually rules - more a guidance which can at any time be changed by the AFL - particularly if it is seen to benefit the clubs they believe need help. In this case GCS.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or if they can be used to ream Carlton.

Hopper makes zero sense. Cripps, Kennedy and Setterfield are very strong inside players and on the slow side.

Asif SoS would target Hopper. It should be a mid, and a speedy mid. Needs! Harder than an O Brien, Murphy type but not as hard at it as our three inside mids.

Hopper makes zero sense. Cripps, Kennedy and Setterfield are very strong inside players and on the slow side.

Asif SoS would target Hopper. It should be a mid, and a speedy mid. Needs! Harder than an O Brien, Murphy type but not as hard at it as our three inside mids.

Whitfield then?
Agree, some speed outside the contest would add nicely along with some classy disposal.

Whitfield then?
Agree, some speed outside the contest would add nicely along with some classy disposal.

The things is, we have been learning that mature elite players dont really want to pick us (Shiel, Treloar and more).

SoS needs to get creative or just hope we start to rise up the ladder.

On the surface, Whitfield, Kelly and Conig seem far fetched targets to me. Why come to a bottom 8 side on your payday/new contract.

Think strategy-wise he needs to look for something different. What that is, I dont know.

From GWS, the more obv replacement is Tomlinson. An Ed Curnow replacement. Not a top liner and has history with Carlton. Shouldnt cost the earth. Not sure he is someone worth targeting at all though. Just a player.

The things is, we have been learning that mature elite players dont really want to pick us (Shiel, Treloar and more).

SoS needs to get creative or just hope we start to rise up the ladder.

On the surface, Whitfield, Kelly and Conig seem far fetched targets to me. Why come to a bottom 8 side on your payday/new contract.

Think strategy-wise he needs to look for something different. What that is, I dont know.

From GWS, the more obv replacement is Tomlinson. An Ed Curnow replacement. Not a top liner and has history with Carlton. Shouldnt cost the earth. Not sure he is someone worth targeting at all though. Just a player.

Yep, true on the frequent declines. We need to show growth but the team should be capable of better performances this year and don’t underestimate the goodwill the club is fostering - if as good as said (and appears), word will filter out, especially to the GWS boys and their contact. Wind will help greatly all round.

The tide can turn quickly when a side is built with youth and natural development flows, enhanced with hard work and leading high performance along with some confidence.

We’ve got a couple in as wanted, tier/s down (for now) from a Lachie Neale type signing but hopefully next year is as planned on recruiting some holes with some A-grade signings.

Haynes may be on the pecking order above Tomlinson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't agree with you - think it would be a huge win and we would jump at the opportunity.

Break the trade down into smaller parts to see the whole picture.

1) Pick 1 for picks 3 and 6

Yeah we give up Walsh but for two picks inside 6 in a strong draft I think you have to pull the trigger.

For pick one this is about as strong an offer alone that you could hope for.

2) 2019 1st for pick 8

For mine this is the worst part of the trade for us, but still a win.

Think our 2019 pick will be higher up the order than pick 8, but in a worse draft, and we shouldn't underestimate the value of bringing young talent through the door a year early.

15 games into a highly rated kid vs a potentially slightly better pick a year later in a worse draft. I'm taking the former every day of the week.

3) 2 x 3rd round picks for 1 x 2nd round pick

We'd be giving up 2 picks (37 at the absolute earliest) for a pick very likely to be early 20s.

A win across every line IMO, with only the second part of the trade truly debatable on that front.

Part 2 is probably a 6 pick downgrade.

I think Crows are the big winners in that proposal and I would be squeezing them harder.

After all, they want the deal more than anyone else.

Setterfield is not slow.

May have been done so apologies.

On points table the Wallace rumoured trade actually makes sense. Blues may get slight overs. But they gave up pick one and another potential pick 2-3. Blues end up with several picks where they can get good Vic kids. Maybe grab Smith,Ben King and Caldwell.

GC got slight unders but they got Walsh- the leader they need. And they pushed into early next year probably guaranteeing pick 1 (in their eyes between them and us). They reduced their picks this year (have too many).

Adelaide got slight unders but they got Luko.

It’s actually (in my view) and excellent trade for all clubs.

Gold Coast are big losers in that trade.
I see no reason for them to do it.
AFL should revoke Suns license if they do this trade.

Gold Coast are big losers in that trade.
I see no reason for them to do it.
AFL should revoke Suns license if they do this trade.
Probably the only top player in this years draft who is the lesser risk to up and go is Walsh. GCS need quality players with stability. We saw them use a high pick last year to get a guy who wanted to play for them.

Right or wrong, Walsh seems to be the best fit for them. Thats worth bucket loads in the scheme of things

Well that worked out ok.

Full list of 'broken' father-sons here, albeit this doesn't go into the detail of whether they were drafted by others in advance of us:

http://www.blueseum.org/Broken+Father-Sons

Key names from the past 20 years are:

* Cam Hunter
* Bailey Rise
* Ben Reid / Sam Reid (not qualifying for F/S)
* Sam Sheldon
* Nick Davis (not qualifying)
* Tom Mitchell (not quailfying)

We recruited:

* Josh Bootsma
* Fraser Dale
* TDK
* Billy Gowers
* Tom Fields
*Jayden Foster
* Murph
* Tom Temay