Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Grant Thomas on radio so take it any way you want.

Tonight I hear a Voss/Roos combo is the Blues choice for 2020. Influential Wallsy pushing for his protégés.
The well regarded David Walls also in the Blues sights for Recruiting boss role. Yes, son of, and currently at Freo.

Fremantle's drafting has been pretty good over the past five or so years. Talk about talent identification with the following picks:

2014 pick 13: Lachie Weller (traded for pick 2 to GC)
2014 pick 34: Connor Blakely
2014 pick 54: Ed Langdon
2014 pick 68: Josh Deluca (now on our list)
2015 pick 27: Darcy Tucker
2015 pick 55: Sam Collins (delisted but showing good signs for suns)
2016 pick 37: Sean Darcy
2016 pick 41: Brennan Cox
2016 pick 61: Luke Ryan
2016 rookie 3: Taylin Duman
2017 rookie 5: Bailey Banfield

That's some serious talent they've brought in with mid-draft to back end picks.

This is the sort of back end drafting we need. Our first round selections have gone alright, but when you compare our back end selections to a club like Fremantle, it's chalk and cheese.

LOL. Based on what exactly?

Well, for starters, he can mark the bloody pill when it comes in his general direction.
McGovern had quite a great deal of difficulty accomplishing that feat against the dogs.
McKay has shown a lot more upside this year than what McGovern has.
I said it last year and I will say it again - the picks/money used on McGovern would have been better spent on a midfielder.
Nothing against McGovern. No malice intended. It's just a statement of fact considering what he has delivered so far.

This is just my opinion and my opinion only. This is not based off inside knowledge or industry talk.

Clubs have a fairly good indication that Coniglio will stay at the Giants. It's unlikely he'll leave.

However, many clubs might be looking to increase pressure and ramp up the value of Coniglio's contract to squeeze a highly talented 2-3rd year player out of their already tight salary cap.

One could say the aim is to pitch to Coniglio with the intention of recruiting another player seeking more opportunity elsewhere. :think:

1st in contested marks in the comp.
23rd in the league for goals.
Not even 22 years of age yet.
He isnt expendable.

Not disagreeing with that. Still think he is the most expendable of the three if one had to go. I think Charlie and Mitch fit together better than Harry and Mitch or even Charlie and Harry. Charlie has an X Factor about him, I don't think Harry does. Its about who fit better together for me, not about talent which Harry has.

Well, for starters, he can mark the bloody pill when it comes in his general direction.
McGovern had quite a great deal of difficulty accomplishing that feat against the dogs.
I said it last year and I will say it again - the picks/money used on McGovern would have been better spent on a midfielder.
Nothing against McGovern. No malice intended. It's just a statement of fact considering what he has delivered so far.

I don't disagree with you, though Im gonna do a Soapy and suggest he isn't fit and / or injured. I wanted McGovern btw, but thought we didn't recruit properly as far as midfield goes.

I don't disagree with you, though Im gonna do a Soapy and suggest he isn't fit and / or injured. I wanted McGovern btw, but thought we didn't recruit properly as far as midfield goes.

I definitely think he's not 100% fit. He can play but I just think that given the right attacking game plan and coaching, we have 2 guys in Charlie and Harry that can dominate the competition for a long while to come.
I'm still not 100% convinced that the 3 talls are going to work, especially if we don't get either a seriously good mid to help Cripps, leaving Cuningham in a forward role, or a seriously good small forward, leaving Cuningham in the midfield/hff type of role.
The need for speed is a problem we never used to have! (3 amigos).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not worth being offered more money at this point. He is the expendable tall forward of our big three at the moment.

I'm sorry for saying this but this is one of the most nonsensical things I've read here (seriously, comparable to my overly emotional bullshit posts during the game day live threads). 21 year old in his first FULL AFL season.
  • 1st in the ENTIRE AFL in Total Contested Marks (4th per game)
  • 8th in total marks inside F50 (13th per game)
Has a beautiful kick that will get more accurate over the next couple of years. Has the type of elite speed and athleticism rarely seen in a player of his height and size. Just wait until he builds his tank. That running display (first Dogs game) that had him charge from the wing to the F50 and ultimately spray it due to lacking stamina will happen with regularity and he'll begin converting them.

He and Curnow are the absolute future of this football club. There is no reason at all that they won't go onto be the next generation of Buddy and Roughy at the Hawks.

Unless we completely blow it elsewhere this duo is destined to win at least one premiership and possibly more.

From Grant Thomas on radio so take it any way you want.

Tonight I hear a Voss/Roos combo is the Blues choice for 2020. Influential Wallsy pushing for his protégés.
The well regarded David Walls also in the Blues sights for Recruiting boss role. Yes, son of, and currently at Freo.
This proves that Caro was wrong when she suggested SOS runs our club. Clearly Robert Walls is the man.;)

I think I've read Jamie Elliot's name about 5 separate times now as a possible target. Are people forgetting their own complaints about SOS recruiting injury prone players? Recruiting guys who've had impact injuries like knees or ankles is one thing, but guys who've had repeated serious soft tissue injuries? Seriously?

Not disagreeing with that. Still think he is the most expendable of the three if one had to go. I think Charlie and Mitch fit together better than Harry and Mitch or even Charlie and Harry. Charlie has an X Factor about him, I don't think Harry does. Its about who fit better together for me, not about talent which Harry has.
Charlie is your mobile roaming forward, & Harry is your big marking kpp so I disagree with your "fit better together" comment. M.M. is more similar to Charlie in that regard and he isn`t a big contested marking type like Harry either. Mitch can also pinch hit up back so could end up there at times............but get rid of Harry? no way known!!! Not many players do have that X factor about them, so that is not a knock on Harry but a big plus with Charlie. I would keep the three of them but use Mitch as a utility type and let the other two get used to each other, with hopefully a Papley type at Harrys`feet feeding off the contest..........but it`s Charlie & Harry for mine!!! Even at the crows Mitch was only an icing on the cake type, not a 3-4 goal kicker like Charlie & Harry could become..........:huh:

Maybe. I don’t reckon we’ve seen what he’s capable off yet.

I like his kicking for goal and when he’s up our forward line looks much better.

Smart footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back