Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's easily fixed.

RecklessKindlyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

No I have it in good authority that he was questioned about drafting two Grammar boys.
next point. It is my view, which is partly informed by instinct or intuition (same thing) that Richards is better than LOB.
You have conflated the two pints. They are separate points.

"Facts not welcomed thread"
No need to explain..

[LOB is] built like a 14 year old, yet he's throwing himself at the ball carrier and at the ball if he makes a blue without any sense of self preservation, and he's not taken a backward step on a football field in a Carlton jumper.

This. One of the things I love about AFL footy is the quirky little things you see happen on the field, and your post reminded me of an otherwise unremarkable contest from the Swans game (pretty late, I think), bit of a disorganised scrimmage around a ground ball on their half-forward flank. It was one of those where the pack sort of falls apart; Franklin emerged with the ball with his back to goal, and as all the other players peeled off, it was LOB bearing down on him, all alone and looking like a kid that just hooked a great white shark on a three-pound line...

But he cracked in. He was never going to lock up the ball or anything like that, but Buddy quickly realised he wasn't going to be able to just step around him, or shake him off. In the end, Franklin "shovelled it out" with the sort of backward half-throw they call a handball these days, and the game went on... it was just a tiny moment, but it made me think LOB is going to be OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. One of the things I love about AFL footy is the quirky little things you see happen on the field, and your post reminded me of an otherwise unremarkable contest from the Swans game (pretty late, I think), bit of a disorganised scrimmage around a ground ball on their half-forward flank. It was one of those where the pack sort of falls apart; Franklin emerged with the ball with his back to goal, and as all the other players peeled off, it was LOB bearing down on him, all alone and looking like a kid that just hooked a great white shark on a three-pound line...

But he cracked in. He was never going to lock up the ball or anything like that, but Buddy quickly realised he wasn't going to be able to just step around him, or shake him off. In the end, Franklin "shovelled it out" with the sort of backward half-throw they call a handball these days, and the game went on... it was just a tiny moment, but it made me think LOB is going to be OK.
Same game, was sitting at the fence at Marvel and the play was in the fwd pocket for the Swans, LOB tried to sheppard for a player and got absolutely pole-axed by a much bigger and stronger swans player. You could hear the contact ! I was genuinely concerned for him as it was a bloody hard hit ! To my surprise LOB sprung straight up to his feet like a jack in the box and sprinted to follow the ball up the field. "What a tough little bugger" I thought to myself, was bloody impressive!

I think LOB looks like a quietly determined guy. I don't think he will ever be flashy, but he runs all day and doesn't let a knock stop him. I think he's the sort of guy that will get to 150 games and it seems like he snuck up on it. Once he gets his proper AFL body, I think he will be quite reliable with his kicking and work rate.

And, yes, you all have love in your future. And the lotto numbers are 5, 8, 9, 15, 23, 25, 31 and 41.

Lowson or Dunkley. Any rumours? I’ve heard we’ve spoken to both. Either would be amazing. Dunkley is the one for me.
Barrass70 has said previously that we're not interested in Lowson. So I guess we make of that what we will.
Dunkey would appear the obvious choice...however, there is a fair chance we won't get the first pick if we beat the Aints next week. Apparently Swans and Norf are also keen, so at the moment he's probably the #1 pick.

You're shitting me.

He's built like a 14 year old, yet he's throwing himself at the ball carrier and at the ball if he makes a blue without any sense of self preservation, and he's not taken a backward step on a football field in a Carlton jumper.

Keep digging that hole.
I recall reading you when you first started on here. You were much calmer and measured. After > 12000 posts you’ve become Bolshi. As The Donald would say, SAD.

I recall reading you when you first started on here. You were much calmer and measured. After > 12000 posts you’ve become Bolshi. As The Donald would say, SAD.

So which account is your main?

Sorry Perc, before you start potting last year's POTY, at least get your facts correct.
Gethelred has 12,000 'likes', not posts...compared to 13 'likes' of another said poster.
Your first 23 posts haven't really been riveting reading either tbh....

23 posts and you've been sucked into squabbling already, percy - find some space, take a bounce, lower the eyes and look upfield for an option.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back