Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has ruled Teague out. Not Judd, not Liddle, nobody. Don't read into the media hysteria surrounding Judd's comments. It was taken out of context for a headline. He clarified this on Tuesday morning and again tonight on Triple M. The 'training wheels' comment was not directed at Teague.
Exactly, Teague is probably on the shortlist with Voss :sick: Scott :sick: and who knows who else.

The whole no coach ting makes for some interesting discussion though

Time will reveal all

Exactly, Teague is probably on the shortlist with Voss :sick: Scott :sick: and who knows who else.

The whole no coach ting makes for some interesting discussion though

Time will reveal all
Hopefully Ratts is on the short list as well

Hopefully Ratts is on the short list as well
Yep, here’s hoping. Would he want to come back though? I wouldn’t be too displeased if he did.

I just don’t think I could fathom Scott or Voss in our coaches box, but it’s all out of our hands.

Wait and hope

Yep, here’s hoping. Would he want to come back though? I wouldn’t be too displeased if he did.

I just don’t think I could fathom Scott or Voss in our coaches box, but it’s all out of our hands.

Wait and hope
The massive jump in salary would cure any previous resentments (sacking)

This is an odd post.

MLG is the president, Judd's the Head of Football Operations; why wouldn't they be on the selection panel to recruit a coach? Why are they under the pump? Judd has said what? Your post uses 'suggests' and 'seems' and 'must'; there is an air of connotation to your post, bringing in hints of destabilization. And the last comment, too: 'Let's hope that wiser heads behind the scenes end up having a beneficial influence'; what is that? What does that mean?

You sound like Caroline Wilson. Either speak plainly or shut up.

MLG and Adrian Gleeson weren't on the last panel to appoint the coach. (Judd was involved but not as a director)
(BTW - Judd isn't the Head of Football. LLyod is. His portfolio is Football and List management.)

MLG is under the pump and should be, as he publicly tied himself to Bolton. I doubt all the heat has left that room just yet.

I don’t know about the rest of you but increasingly I lack confidence in the coaching selection panel to make the right decision. This pre-occupation with choosing someone who has been a senior coach in a rapidly shrinking market of available candidates will probably mean that they’ll pick from the last two standing, who are probably going to be Scott and Voss. Neither seem appropriate to me.
Why are MLG and Judd on the selection panel? They are two directors who are under the pump. Judd has said and done a number of things that suggest to me that he has poor judgment. Being a great footballer doesn’t mean you are suited to being the football person on the Board. And to compound the problem he is in the media, with all the conflict of interest problems that raises.
MLG must feel that he is fighting for his presidency after the failed Bolton experiment.
Let’s hope that wiser heads behind the scenes end up having a beneficial influence.
Because he wants Ratten and the board are yet to agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MLG and Adrian Gleeson weren't on the last panel to appoint the coach. (Judd was involved but not as a director)
(BTW - Judd isn't the Head of Football. LLyod is. His portfolio is Football and List management.)

MLG is under the pump and should be, as he publicly tied himself to Bolton. I doubt all the heat has left that room just yet.
I'm not sure but wouldn't Lloyd answer to Judd?

Would be surprising if we cut daisy. Offers leadership and an experience body.

Has been playing well this year, would def keep him around another year
Surprised that Thomas is not being offered another contract as well. Must be more to it than meets the eye because on form you would think he’s earned another year.

They only want Clarkson. He is presently unavailable.
Why not give Teague a 2 year contract. If he does well. End of search.
If he doesn’t set the world on fire then, after another year or two, and if Hawthorn are going nowhere, Clarkson may become available.
This seems the logical way to go. Problem when signing up an “experienced” coach we’ll also have to give them a long contract. Best we get it right.

Don’t think there is a shortlist.
Reckon we have our man/men.
Hopefully Teague continues as a senior assistant.
Agree with you and I don’t know why the club won’t get on with the announcement.
The speculation is ridiculous and petty, so over hyped, footy shows and media involvement is becoming a farce and a distraction .

Last edited:
So if you were our list manager you'd move on all of Simmo/Daisy/Murphy...despite Murphy having a contract and Daisy being in good form and publicly stating he wants to play on. You'd happily alienate 3 of our most loyal servants in a soulless manner.

You'd also then happily sacrifice SPS or Fisher for B Hill...2 guys who look like future guns and are part of our elite young talent we want to develop into our core group...despite the fact we'd definitely find a way through draft picks.

I'm glad you're not in charge.

Hate this term.

Makes it sounds like the ammo’s.

When they are earning $500,000 per year ($10,000 per week) - they don’t qualify as “servants”.

Scott will be St Kilda coach
Which leaves Teague, Ratts or god forbid Voss
Voss was a great player but an equally terrible coach. Why would we choose someone who failed miserably the first time round has me stumped.

Bet the media would be dancing a different tune if Teague has us at 4-0 and he’s missed it by a whisker without our two best players available and 3 if you count Doc.

Hopefully the wins do the talking as I’ve been very impressed with Teague.

He said in an interview our 3 year offer was insulting. Who knows what that means. He got a 4 year deal from the Cats. They're not known for overpaying.

Tuohy wouldn’t have been the first person to demand a wage higher than his output justified.

Previously the club rolled over and overpaid - that’s why we were bottom of the ladder and paying max TPP.

If he was a “loyal servant” he would have stayed and helped the club rebuild.

Good riddance.

Agree with you and I don’t know why the club won’t get on with the announcement.
The speculation is ridiculous and petty, so over hyped, footy shows and media involvement is becoming a farce and a distraction .

If it’s Scott, Voss, Ratten, then they probably can announce it sooner rather than seasons end if they choose.
If it’s Clarkson or Lyon, obviously they will have to wait until their season is over.

Wait and hope
If ratten is interested in the job and he doesn’t make the shortlist, then the board needs to go. That would be a clear indication that the board is acting in its own self interest and self preservation at the expense of the clubs success.

If this was genuinely the case, I would be absolutely filthy.

If ratten is interested in the job and he doesn’t make the shortlist, then the board needs to go. That would be a clear indication that the board is acting in its own self interest and self preservation at the expense of the clubs success.

If this was genuinely the case, I would be absolutely filthy.
Alternatively Ratten may not nominate if the current board remains. Maybe there is bad blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back